Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 Apr 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3062105)   #1
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill BRC May 12th

So little over 3 weeks to go until the next British Championship fix.......

At Knockhill, Saturday May 12th, shame NOT a night race now though!!

http://www.britishrallycross.com/?p=3508

Announced yesterday.

So who's going? racing? watching? marshalling?

Any new drivers coming out to play after watching on Top Gear?
Old 21 Apr 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3063090)   #2
the entertainer 485
Rookie

the entertainer 485 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im planning on going. (minicross)

is back to night race now i believe.

current snags are:

- Block melted slightly between 3-4
- All tools stolen from garage

it wouldn't be the same if i was all prepared

IC

Old 26 Apr 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3065759)   #3
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on people, why no chatter on this event. Everyone's always got enough to say about events at Lydden. Bearing in mind the interest that the Top Gear coverage seemed to generate I'd hope this event might bring a few new converts to rallycross out to spectate.

Any news on entries, as its early in the season I assume the thinking is that less drivers will skip the event. Swifts I'm sure will be well supported but what about the other classes? All the usual suspects out in Supercar? Super Nationals is usually one of the best supported classes except when it goes to Knockhill strangley. Hopefully that might change this year with the earlier date. Any Irish drivers making the trip?

The night race element seemed to be in doubt because of the cost of hiring the additional lighting towers. I think this may have been sorted out but I'm sure somebody can confirm.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 12:52 (Ref:3065774)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
The night race element seemed to be in doubt because of the cost of hiring the additional lighting towers. I think this may have been sorted out but I'm sure somebody can confirm.
This weeks motorsport news was saying that it's no longer a night race, that could have changed by now though!

Knockhill always suffers for entries because it's a long slog to get there from just about anywhere in the country, shame though because it's a great circuit. I guess anyone who's serious about a chance at the title will be there, the shorter calendar this year means that you'll need to make the most of the chances you get.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3065807)   #5
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Knockhill always suffers for entries because it's a long slog to get there from just about anywhere in the country, shame though because it's a great circuit.
Agreed - or to look at it another way, its a long slog for Scottish drivers to Lydden Hill! Perhaps that's the main reason for poor entries - not many local rallycross drivers left in Scotland due to very few meetings in Scotland and the North of England...? Hopefully the CMC initiative may help change that?

Knockhill is probably my favourite track now after Lydden - let's hope it gets the support it deserves.

Last edited by leonidas; 26 Apr 2012 at 13:57.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3065825)   #6
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is what British Rallycross site has to say... http://www.britishrallycross.com/?p=3528

Looks like an afternoon event...
Old 26 Apr 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3065838)   #7
Flying Scotsman
Rookie

Scotland
St Boswells
Flying Scotsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Astra is dusted down and will be at Knockhill, the distance is not a problem for traveling to Lydden it is that the bank holidays do not corresspond with English banks!!!
Old 26 Apr 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3065865)   #8
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Agreed - or to look at it another way, its a long slog for Scottish drivers to Lydden Hill! Perhaps that's the main reason for poor entries - not many local rallycross drivers left in Scotland due to very few meetings in Scotland and the North of England...? Hopefully the CMC initiative may help change that?
If the CDMC championship gets off the ground it should really help the clubman drivers in the North and Scotland. There are one or two about North of the border. Names that spring to mind include Kenny Hall and the Blacks (three brothers I think, may be wrong there thought. One had an Astra I think, is that the Flying Scotsman I wonder?). Ian Archer entered a Subaru last year in Supercar, which looked reasonable quick. The Weston family seemed to be out in force last year as well in the Swifts and Junior Swifts and not forgetting Andy and Mark Scott. Hopefully all will be out this year in the various classes. I would guess most of the Northern based drivers will race as well.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 17:31 (Ref:3065883)   #9
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If the CDMC championship gets off the ground it should really help the clubman drivers in the North and Scotland. There are one or two about North of the border. Names that spring to mind include Kenny Hall and the Blacks (three brothers I think, may be wrong there thought. One had an Astra I think, is that the Flying Scotsman I wonder?). Ian Archer entered a Subaru last year in Supercar, which looked reasonable quick. The Weston family seemed to be out in force last year as well in the Swifts and Junior Swifts and not forgetting Andy and Mark Scott. Hopefully all will be out this year in the various classes. I would guess most of the Northern based drivers will race as well.
Kenny won't be out.
Old 26 Apr 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3065901)   #10
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our entry is in, looking forward to a wet battle no doubt, with Ian, Jim, Dave and Kenny & rest of the local mafia!
Old 26 Apr 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3065958)   #11
AlamakiRX
Racer

Latest info is on the rallycrossuk site

Including up to date entry list 43 cars so far, also sup regs are there also.

Sure the entry will get to around 60 cars.
Old 27 Apr 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3066122)   #12
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Entry looks reasonable healthy thus far. A few obvious ones not on the list yet. Does anybody know if Proctor and Scott are entering? I know Scott is currently testing in the States and Proctor has business commitments this year, but they are usually big supporters of this event.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3067555)   #13
Flying Scotsman
Rookie

Scotland
St Boswells
Flying Scotsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by A20 YBP View Post
Our entry is in, looking forward to a wet battle no doubt, with Ian, Jim, Dave and Kenny & rest of the local mafia!
Hope the rain will stay away (but a damp track might help against your BMW) looking forward to some good racing.

Dont see any Geordie drivers on entry list yet??

Old 30 Apr 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3067566)   #14
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shortcut to the entry list here:

http://www.rct-entry.com/entries_BC_20120512.php

Possibly some more Supercars to come, and not many Super National yet either?
Old 6 May 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3070229)   #15
CzecheredFlag
Rookie

CzecheredFlag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's Knockhill like from a spectator point of view, is it a good circuit for photos? Thinking of making a 270 mile drive up for the day if it's worth it.
Old 6 May 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3070358)   #16
jcrally
Rookie

jcrally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzecheredFlag View Post
What's Knockhill like from a spectator point of view, is it a good circuit for photos? Thinking of making a 270 mile drive up for the day if it's worth it.

In my opinion it isnt worth going that distance. Its built round a hill , you cant get a decent view of the circuit. There are some good views but you dont see the race as a whole
Old 7 May 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3070641)   #17
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its certainly worth going for photos - you've just got to do a bit of work to choose a good spot. You don't need to see the WHOLE race to get good photos.

Hopefully the entry list will grow but once again it shows there are too many classes for too few cars. Nothing can be done for this season but I really hope there is a rethink on class structure for next year...
Old 7 May 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3070682)   #18
AlamakiRX
Racer

Not the best circuit to view from but regarded as one of the best for racing and action shots, cracking, flowing loose section and fast straight, defo worth a visit

Doubt the entry list will grow much, the closing date is this Wed so maybe a couple more before then, tbh 70 cars for knockhill event is pretty good. Think a few more will be seen in HH but that will be about it.
Old 8 May 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3071132)   #19
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I see Mad Mark has found some cash under the mattress and is on the entry list! Shame no Proctor and Scott but it seems a pretty decent entry so far for Knockhill.
Old 8 May 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3071134)   #20
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its true we have smashed the piggy bank and xsara is ready to go !
Old 8 May 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3071184)   #21
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see you on the list Mark, just don't go falling out any lorries this time matey!
Old 8 May 2012, 15:13 (Ref:3071252)   #22
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sihorton View Post
Good to see you on the list Mark, just don't go falling out any lorries this time matey!
no we borrowed a van a trailer less distance to fall !!!
Old 8 May 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3071302)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark Watson View Post
its true we have smashed the piggy bank and xsara is ready to go !
Good luck!
Old 9 May 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3071694)   #24
Sarge
Rookie

England
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Sarge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Knockhill, I'd say this is one of the best entries for a few years.

Gutted I can't come out to play in the buggy this weekend. Apparently, Rallycross is not an excuse to get out of a wedding.......

At least I dont have to negotiate that first corner - I hate it!
Old 9 May 2012, 14:20 (Ref:3071765)   #25
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
For Knockhill, I'd say this is one of the best entries for a few years.
I'd second that - wasn't it called off one year due to lack of entries, or am I confusing that with the BTRDA/Rallycross Open Series?