Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:16 (Ref:1035495)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Warning to those booking "Travelodge" rooms

Travelodge now have a new policy whereas they debit your bank/credit card account when you actually BOOK your room rather than after you have completed your stay.

Just a warning, as I have just seen my bank statement which shows £150 paid to Travelodge for a room that I am not actually staying in until September which now means I am skint earlier than usual!

Other hotels/lodges don't debit your account until you check out!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 15:48 (Ref:1035526)   #2
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark check with Travelodge as they dont normally do that. You have the right to cancel the room up to midday on the day of your stay, I think.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 16:17 (Ref:1035559)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I did!
That's how I know!

Cancellation policy remains unchanged - my point was that I am now £150 less-off when I thought I wouldn't be charged until the time of my stay!
Old 13 Jul 2004, 16:53 (Ref:1035589)   #4
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Moved to Trackside as this will be of interest to spectators as well as marshals
Old 13 Jul 2004, 18:04 (Ref:1035657)   #5
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose that is to stop people from booking rooms then cancelling at the last minute but what a bummer! I tend to book all the rooms for a whole season on one night in February - eh-ouch that is going to hurt next year.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1035675)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
From the 'Booking FAQ' on the Travelodge website:

'If you have booked a £25 or £45 rate room, these are only available online and payable via credit or debit card at the time of booking. These bookings are non-cancellable, non-refundable and cannot be amended.

All other rate rooms are payable on arrival at the lodge.'
Old 13 Jul 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1035759)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's actually very sneaky. That part isn't in their normal terms and conditions. Doubly irritating for me as I book rooms on virtually a daily basis for my staff. Oh well - more work for Travel Inn I think.
Old 13 Jul 2004, 21:14 (Ref:1035848)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Travelodge suck big time, Tim. If you're booking for other people stick to Travel Inn or Premier Lodge and they'll appreciate it. That is all I will book my people into - hell even a Formula 1 would be better than a Travelodge!
Old 14 Jul 2004, 08:57 (Ref:1036149)   #9
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We stay in lots of different travelodges throughout the season but tend to book the "normal" rate rooms so I guess this isn't going to apply for us. I hope not or as like Les we are going to have the most amazing bill for all the rooms we need!!
Old 14 Jul 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1036183)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
good advert for sleeping in the car
Old 14 Jul 2004, 11:36 (Ref:1036281)   #11
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish there were more Hotel Ibis' around they are very good and great value for money. I always used to think they were like Formula 1 until recently.
Old 14 Jul 2004, 21:52 (Ref:1036795)   #12
John Newman
Subscriber
Racer

England
Near, (but not quite) Towcester
John Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as you don't experience the same problem that I have had two years in a row for Goodwood wit Premier Lodge, when that company contact me nine months after I have booked a room to tell me that i am double booked, and would I like the presidential suite in Outer Mongolia or somewhere equally accesible to the circuit.
The answer is..... I am not double booked buster .... you are! Last year having checkede in I saw some 20 foreign visitors to Goodwood sat in reception on their suitcases wondering where they were sleeping for the weekend.
BEWARE!
Old 15 Jul 2004, 14:20 (Ref:1037315)   #13
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if you're talking about the one at Menai Bridge - don't even go there, I know the chamber maids and I've heard some stories
Old 16 Jul 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1038455)   #14
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a few hotel chains do this now with their cheapest rates, all of the six continents group do it on their web specials (holiday inn, hiexpress, crowne plaza etc). I find holiday inn express pretty good, as they always include breakfast as well, but they tend not to be that close to many race circuits