Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 14 Nov 2001, 20:24 (Ref:174643)   #1
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Idea for a new racing game

A few racing games so far have tried career modes, where you start out as an F1 rookie with Minardi and get offered drives for the enxt season and other subsequent years, reaching Ferrari sf you do well. However, my idea would be to take this further, offering a wide range of racing series, with realistic interaction between them. Say, allowing you to start off as a rookie in UK F3, German F3, Italian F3, Formula Nissan or Toyota Atlantic, but you could in future get race options in F1, International F3000, Euro F3000, Formula Nippon, CART, IRL, Premier 1 and maybe ever Touring or Sports Cars. Features like sponsorship, making the right sponship or management contacts, handling the press on your way up and once you reach the top, and maybe the chances rule changes, or changes in participationa dn stature, in the various championships. I know it'd be a large project even for a major team to take on, but what do people think?
Old 14 Nov 2001, 21:01 (Ref:174659)   #2
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Codemasters is supposedly working on a project liek this. Where you play the role of a young driver trying to improve your standings, impress sponsors, and win races. I think theirs is centered around their touring car license.
Old 14 Nov 2001, 22:53 (Ref:174708)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think it's a great idea Boots, and I'd certainly buy it (provided the actual racing gameplay was up to scratch, i.e. GP3 standards).

Trouble is, would you incorporate cheats? How long would a lot of people last before they were off to Cheat Planet for them?

Old 15 Nov 2001, 10:34 (Ref:174825)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KC
Codemasters is supposedly working on a project liek this. Where you play the role of a young driver trying to improve your standings, impress sponsors, and win races. I think theirs is centered around their touring car license.
Yup, you're right there KC. It's called Toca Race Car Driver and is going to be a continuation of Codemasters successful and highly enjoyable touring car series. Lets hope the gameplay is as good as the original two, if so this will be a great game.

Release date at the moment is the middle of next year.
Old 15 Nov 2001, 20:58 (Ref:175159)   #5
f2001
Racer

f2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well in WTC by codemasters, u sign contracts for different teams in career mode and so on...

bit like le mans 24 hrs it has a contract thing, u can get a career tool for gp3 !
Old 15 Nov 2001, 22:35 (Ref:175217)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
The main difference with this one however is that the whole game is based around the driver, rather than the car, I reckon it will be fantastic.
Old 16 Nov 2001, 03:37 (Ref:175300)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"u can get a career tool for gp3"

Yep, I use it myself, but in all fairness it could only ever be a customer patch ratehr than something integrated into the deisgn. All that is involved in it is ur own career. A situation where other drivers and teams change around, with older drivers retiring, new drivers entering, and the form of teams changing, would be closer to what I'm envisaging. A shame Sir Geoff Crammond did not do that from the ground up, as while GP3 did all the existing stuff near-perfectly, nothing about it was truly unique other thn the precision and variety of the wet-racing system. Don't get me wrong, I lvoe playing it, but it wasn't as spectacular an advance as F1Gp or GP2. A feature like this owuld've made some difference. Of course MGPRS2 has a career mode as well, I guess F1RS does too, but again very simplified.
Old 16 Nov 2001, 07:30 (Ref:175309)   #8
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thougt of this type of idea ages ago lol. It would be really cool if they could do it. What are the games where u start as Minardi and advance though?
Old 16 Nov 2001, 11:33 (Ref:175385)   #9
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by badoer fan
I thougt of this type of idea ages ago lol. It would be really cool if they could do it. What are the games where u start as Minardi and advance though?
Don't know about it myself, but you can get a 3rd party career addon for GP2/3.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 16:22 (Ref:179395)   #10
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
A shame Sir Geoff Crammond...
Has he really been knighted?
Old 27 Nov 2001, 21:06 (Ref:179521)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicholaswhite

Has he really been knighted?
No.
Old 28 Nov 2001, 21:44 (Ref:179938)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps he's a Jedi.........?

Old 28 Nov 2001, 22:15 (Ref:179953)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England