Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Jun 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1007667)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Mid Ohio ALMS

Anyone seen and pics of the Barbour-Krohn Lambo's yet ? Have they been out testing ?
Old 18 Jun 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1008048)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there next week, and I'll get pics of the Lambos....

I'll post a few when I return....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1008574)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope you enjoy it Tim . Wish I could join you there !!! If you happen to come across Petersen Motorsport PR man Tom Moore , have a chat with him . He is really approachable and full of good info too .

Last edited by The Badger; 19 Jun 2004 at 10:17.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 11:43 (Ref:1008608)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there! And the next week at Lime Rock. Yippee!
Old 19 Jun 2004, 12:46 (Ref:1008641)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I'll be there! And the next week at Lime Rock. Yippee!

I'm going to PM you with a cell phone number where you can reach me at Mid-Ohio, Liz....

I screwed up at Sebring by sending you a pager # that apparently doesn't work outside of my area code....

I'll probably send it on Wednesday....

and thanks for the heads-up, Badger....I will see if I can hook up with a fellow PR Flak (Tom Moore) while I'm there...

Now I'm off to the USGP to hook up with some 10/tenths members at the Brickyard...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 20:57 (Ref:1016311)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ALMS Mid-Ohio

Well the ALMS is back underway at Mid-Ohio this weekend and the the first practice session has taken place and the times are in and you can find them here

The big shock for me is seeing the Flying Lizard car at the front of the GT Class, everyone else is just about where I expected them to be.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 21:25 (Ref:1016349)   #7
weeks
Rookie

weeks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its nice to see that ACEMCO Motorsports has their Saleen up to speed. And its a great to see someone else who isnt Alex Job leading the GT class. The GTS and GT races are gonna be exciting to watch.
I can't drive 55!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 22:06 (Ref:1016387)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Both Dyson cars doing well! And the Panoz doing far better then before in GT. GO GUNNAR!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 22:13 (Ref:1016395)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There were some great times today! Look at the top three in P1, very close. Weaver smashes the track record with a 1:13.448. Biela has the mark set in 2002 at 1:14.169. Champion were next with a 1:13.647 and the #20 was third with a 1:14.686. Quick times indeed. Intersport rounded out the top four with a 1:18.257 (a bit back).

The Vettes dominate again but the Saleen is chasing. The new Lambo was around 3.5 seconds off the top GTS car. But they are in a big learning curve. And the surprise for me, the Panoz was only about a second shy of the quickest Porsche, not bad!
Old 25 Jun 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1016399)   #10
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodie goodie the racing is on- mid oh is so tight
why doesn't ALMS make all their races 6 hour minimum? TV time or something i suppose.
Old 25 Jun 2004, 23:33 (Ref:1016439)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A good turnout IMO, and some very competitve times in all classess, should make for a good race, depending on how close things are in qualifying. If the ALMS can keep grids at 28+ entries a event the series should stay pretty healthy IMO.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 05:32 (Ref:1016569)   #12
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont want to sound pessimistic, but werent we gawking last year that ALMS wouldnt dip below 30 and it would be bad if they did...

it just seems like the expectations drop as fast as the reality.

Granted, this will probably be one of the better ALMS races since DC. P1 is wide open. GTS has a chance for a dark horse or two. GT actually has some competition...

should be a great show...im glued in for sure!!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 06:12 (Ref:1016580)   #13
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: ALMS Mid-Ohio

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
The big shock for me is seeing the Flying Lizard car at the front of the GT Class, everyone else is just about where I expected them to be.
It doesn't shock me. I've been crowing about them since day one.. they are going to be a full force contender this year. They almost WON the 24 hours of Daytona...they lead at Sebring until they had issues. Darren and Johannes are going to be a serious threat this year.

Last edited by Mags; 26 Jun 2004 at 06:17.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 06:15 (Ref:1016581)   #14
Mags
Veteran

Re: Re: ALMS Mid-Ohio

Quote:
Originally posted by Mags
And OH that beautiful Saleen....Terry and Johnny are going to kick some Corvette butt this year!!

Last edited by Mags; 26 Jun 2004 at 06:16.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 07:44 (Ref:1016606)   #15
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Mid Ohio ALMS

Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Anyone seen and pics of the Barbour-Krohn Lambo's yet ? Have they been out testing ?
Here's your pic Badger: link
Old 26 Jun 2004, 09:22 (Ref:1016644)   #16
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Sweet.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1016647)   #17
Wout
Racer

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Wout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The other one is on van Dijks site: Here.
I think they didn't had enough time to give the #6 it's definit colors?
Old 26 Jun 2004, 15:37 (Ref:1016774)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the car's have been out today and the times look like this
Old 26 Jun 2004, 17:30 (Ref:1016823)   #19
Mags
Veteran

Too bad I can't get it to come up!!!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 17:59 (Ref:1016840)   #20
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RadioLM & T&S don't appear to be working...
Old 26 Jun 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1016899)   #21
Mags
Veteran

Liz has advised me LT&S will NOT be working this weekend!! I'll keep everyone as posted as I can.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 20:06 (Ref:1016924)   #22
Mags
Veteran

I am sitting here at the pub with my mom wearing my Petersen's team shirt hoping Liz will post the darn qualifying times since LT&S is NOT WORKING!!!!
Old 26 Jun 2004, 20:10 (Ref:1016926)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Mags here we go the grid for the ALMS Race at Mid-Ohio will look like this

Last edited by rdjones; 26 Jun 2004 at 20:17.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1016934)   #24
Mags
Veteran

WOO HOO!!!! Way to go Lizards!!!!!!

Did Johannes qualify, or did Darren????

AND HOLY COW!!!! The Dyson out qualifyed the AUDI!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a HECK of a season!!!!

Last edited by Mags; 26 Jun 2004 at 20:29.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1016946)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing qualifying session! What a lap from Weaver! Hats off to the Dyson boys, their hard work and the new paddle shift system are paying off. Top three in P1 are ultra close.

#16 1:12.123
#38 1:12.184
#20 1:12.320

Intersport's P1 car continues to have trouble and didn't post a time. Anyone know why? I think the two-car edge Dyson has will really pay off against the single Audi.

Two other surprises. The Lambo couldn't outqualify the Viper and the Panoz puts up 2nd quick time in GT. Flying Lizzard really is flying, they are about six tenths up on the Panoz and the rest of the GT field. I know the team and drivers are solid, but how on earth did they get their 911 to smoke the other 911's by that much? They must have nailed the set up!

This race is gonna be a cracker!

Last edited by jhansen; 26 Jun 2004 at 20:49.