Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Apr 2009, 03:54 (Ref:2445161)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Road Rage!!

Here

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 20 Apr 2009, 04:07 (Ref:2445166)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Not surprised really.

Don't think that James had the pace to really take it to Jamie but he could have applied a lot more pressure if Notso hadn't been in the way.

Notso has been around long enough to know the deal and that he was not on the lead lap and in between 1st & 2nd. Don't know what was going on with him.

Maybe Notso intends to be the new Morris?
Old 20 Apr 2009, 04:44 (Ref:2445176)   #3
B!tchie Renault
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
B!tchie Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anything written by James Phelps I disregard as the accuracy shown in his reports is somewhat limited.

In the latest one in the Courier Mail, he has Rick Kelly driving a Falcon.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 05:18 (Ref:2445189)   #4
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tchie Renault View Post
Anything written by James Phelps I disregard as the accuracy shown in his reports is somewhat limited.

In the latest one in the Courier Mail, he has Rick Kelly driving a Falcon.
when half the story is actually quotes it would be hard to stuff up. and given what i saw on, and yelled at, the tv yesterday, i think Courtney should be praised for finally keeping his composure somewhat and not spear Bright into a wall somewhere, thus earning a drive through or similar and costing a podium. i say clap clap to JC. if he had gotten past Bright, sure he may not have had the long term pace, but who knows what a little bit of pressure may have done to Jamie, and with the tightness of the track, one slip back to 2nd could have meant he had to hold station. he didn't have the pace in the right spots to get past too many cars (including the DJR mobiles) before his pit stop
Old 20 Apr 2009, 05:41 (Ref:2445196)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtney must be having a laugh, surely the bit that decided the race was the fact he was not quick enough to stay with Whincup, plain and simple.

Bright was just a bit-part in the whole thing, and seemingly now an excuse for not finishing higher than what i thought was a well-driven 2nd place.

Have drivers forgotten that lapping cars at the right time and place was once a skill?
Old 20 Apr 2009, 06:14 (Ref:2445203)   #6
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
when half the story is actually quotes it would be hard to stuff up....
I think the point others are making is that this writer has taken a non-story and tried to make it one, by using spin and emotive language.

i.e. "After snatching second place, Courtney slammed Bright for denying him a chance of beating fierce rival Jamie Whincup."

If you read the quotes from James, it's nothing unusual.

When a driver says;"'the team had to tell me to keep calm", it should be remembered that some drivers need to be told to breathe... so describing it as "JAMES Courtney needed to be subdued by team officials..." is rather over-doing it.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with having a story like this in a main-stream paper, and don't think we should be discouraging the exposure, no matter how fake and manufactured it is.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 04:47 (Ref:2445177)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The real problem in the Britek garage seems to be in the engineering suite.

The broadcast yesterday suggested that Mr Bright and his Britek squad were using SBR hardware, in the car and the preparation package, yet were choosing to go their own way with setup and development of the suspension of the car

To have Mr Skaife describe the #25 car as "Evil" suggests how well the engineering component of the Britek package is working out.

The most logical thing for Mr Bright to do would have been to be a full SBR customer, including engineering input.

You only have to see how a PCR or a DJR are going with their customer cars, fettled on their own.. they are competitive, and quick, but not winners, regardless of any fantasy Mr Courtney may have invented in the article above.

If the stories are correct, and Mr Bright's deal with Fujitsu is up for renewal at season's end, there will be some significant pressure on this driver to maintain the brand in the media spotlight, with a hope of renewing the deal.

The loss of other sponsors, like Coffey Ford, Penrite, Westrac CAT, Encore, Ford etc etc seem to be a symptom of some bigger problems out Britek way.

Still having the 2 old cars, a shed full of leased equipment, as well as the shed itself, unused, does not bode well financially for this squad
Old 20 Apr 2009, 06:20 (Ref:2445205)   #8
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The real problem in the Britek garage seems to be in the engineering suite.

The broadcast yesterday suggested that Mr Bright and his Britek squad were using SBR hardware, in the car and the preparation package, yet were choosing to go their own way with setup and development of the suspension of the car
Are you sure it will continue to be this way when Bright jumps into an FG? I can't see how the #25 could have been using setups from the #9 or the #4 when they've been running a different model car...

It hasn't all been beer and skittles for the Yatala crew so far this year, but they've got all three of their cars in the top dozen in the championship, which shouldn't be overlooked.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 00:06 (Ref:2447432)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The real problem in the Britek garage seems to be .......

If the stories are correct, and Mr Bright's deal with Fujitsu is up for renewal at season's end, there will be some significant pressure on this driver to maintain the brand in the media spotlight, with a hope of renewing the deal.

The loss of other sponsors, like Coffey Ford, Penrite, Westrac CAT, Encore, Ford etc etc seem to be a symptom of some bigger problems out Britek way.
It would seem that you have nailed the cause. Watching Kermit hold up the field, and possibly cange the outcome of a race, was less than savoury.

Maybe Jason and Fujitsu work on the theory that any publicity is welcome publicity.

At Hamilton, the general feeling was that Fujitsu was far from being New Zealand's favourite air.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 05:06 (Ref:2445186)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree with most that JC didn't relly have the pace to beat Whinky but Brighty who is experienced should know to get out of the way.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2445222)   #11
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kind of liked the way F1 handled the safety car a few rounds ago, waving on the lapped runners

Would of brought 1 and 2 closer together in this case, making for a better finish

Whincup still would of smoked him though
Old 20 Apr 2009, 10:28 (Ref:2445343)   #12
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we should at least have a Nascar "Lucky Dog" arrangement to spice things up. Brighty would have been waved through in that scenario.

Granted, I am a devoted Brighty supporter, but if James truely thinks Jason was responsible for him not beating Whincup, he is kidding himself.

And what was the incident with Tander, the article spoke of? Anyone have any more details on that one?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 23:19 (Ref:2446651)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
And what was the incident with Tander, the article spoke of? Anyone have any more details on that one?
on a restart, caruso and ingall were a lap down and slow along pit straight before the control line, no overlapping allowed, so there was a bit of late breaking and compression of the field, until Courtney compressed the front of his car and Tander's rear. don't think it affected the performance, more just dropped a few spots in the kerfuffle
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:52 (Ref:2446718)   #14
Datto1600
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba Qld
Datto1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
on a restart, caruso and ingall were a lap down and slow along pit straight before the control line, no overlapping allowed, so there was a bit of late breaking and compression of the field, until Courtney compressed the front of his car and Tander's rear. don't think it affected the performance, more just dropped a few spots in the kerfuffle
Bright also infuriated Holden big gun Garth Tander, who speared him off the track late in the race.

An incident i did not see.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2445367)   #15
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much ado about nothing - but I suppose any motorsport news in a daily is OK.

So Brighty didn't pull over to let JC (or others) past? Whincup had managed to pass Bright and pull a decent gap. That gap disappeared when the SC appeared, but despite getting a 5 second or so gap eliminated, Courtney wants to whinge that it wasn't enough, and he wanted Bright to wave him through. All it needs is better use of (and obeying of) the blue flag.

BTW, I thought James Courtney drove better than he ever has previously in Supercars yesterday - but does anyone apart from JC really think he had what it needed to take it to the 888 #1 car?.
Old 20 Apr 2009, 11:39 (Ref:2445410)   #16
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has taken James three seasons, some wrecked cars to complain about others. What ever DJR have put into his water bottle can I have some?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 06:40 (Ref:2446055)   #17
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe it quotes Courtney as saying Bright was responsible for him not winning, only not being given an opportunity to have a crack.

And the reporter gets flamed for stretching the truth and manipulating comments
Old 21 Apr 2009, 06:54 (Ref:2446061)   #18
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Phelps BEAT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22 Apr 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2446688)   #19
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't overlapping at the restart OK this year?
Just no overtaking.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2446715)   #20
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we could learn a thing from them Kooky Yanks
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 23 Apr 2009, 00:10 (Ref:2447434)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It is interesting that in the teev ads over here for the Air Conditioning product, that Mark Taylor is the front man, and there is no Green Falcon or Jason Bright to be seen

Where is the green FG? There have been zero press announcements about it, although the www.britek.com.au website has been off the air for some days now...
Old 23 Apr 2009, 01:54 (Ref:2447472)   #22
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Where is the green FG? There have been zero press announcements about it, although the www.britek.com.au website has been off the air for some days now...
I love the driver bio page on this site. They've stretched the image of Jason so that he magically appears a little more athletic than he might otherwise have done.... and then the text stops at the end of 2006. Some have said that his career ended when he joined Britek, but I'm surprised to see Britek themselves saying it...
Old 23 Apr 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2447439)   #23
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The same thing happens here where Stephen Fleming fronts the Fujitsu ads. Occasionally you see about 2 seconds of Kayne Scott's Fujitsu-branded NZV8 on the screen.

Motorsport clearly isn't their priority marketing medium, cricket is.

Stephen Fleming was enough to convince me never to own a Fujitsu product, the Kermit car at Hamilton just helped ice the cake.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 01:40 (Ref:2447469)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would prefer to use an Australian made, Australia owned Actron Air... based in Norwest business park in Sydney, and a sponsor of PCR for a number of years....
Old 23 Apr 2009, 05:15 (Ref:2447529)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would prefer to use an Australian made, Australia owned Actron Air... based in Norwest business park in Sydney, and a sponsor of PCR for a number of years....
i drive past their factory every week, and did again this morning, got a price off them to do our ducting but ended up going with a penrith mob who installed a carrier unit. Fujitsu sucked were the dearest, forget the prices but the one we got were the cheapest and Actron were the middle and Fujitsu were the dearest.

anyway enough of off topic. in there add's there is even no sign of green colouring or anything, so for a company that apparently wanted to use the green on the car to show the direction the company is going in they sure don't follow that through to their commercials.