Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:38 (Ref:2091048)   #101
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well some of you may have noted my absence. I have two good reasons. Firstly, I have been out of town, and secondly - by far the most important - is that learning of the passing of pete55 threw me into a state of shock.

Like so many others on here, I never got to meet the great man, and I know that my life is less rich due to the fact. I have had him "show me the way" on occasion, and also been privy to some hilarious, and at times, insightful private messages. We had a respect that allowed us to agree to disagree, and as such that makes the loss of Pete just that much harder to accept.

Pete was a sharp, honest, and extremely knowledgable 10-10th's poster. He was often delicate in his approach so as to provide some information, but make it subtley clear that he was holding back until A) there was a formal announcement, B) someone else leaked more detail, or C) a combination of the two. He was just about always accurate with any predictions that he gave, and that showed that he was always talking to a lot of people in the sport.

Pete brought wisdom, humility, and facts to this forum and to a sport that often has some interesting characters attached to it. Quite clearly he was able to be trusted by many, and it was clearly known judging by the information that he shared, that he was always fed the whole story and he only passed on snippets - a trait that is rare as everyone wants to be seen to know the most.

At a time of year that is all about giving, togetherness, and family, I cannot begin to imagine the sense of shock and disbelief at Pete's passing. To Irene, his extended family, and friends - some of whom dwell here, my most heartfelt condolences during this traumatic time for you all.

Pete55 will always be remembered as the fact bearing and opinion sharing sharp shooter of 10-10ths. He was very cunning when it came to steering us back on the right course, and I think he may hold the record for the highest number of accuracies per post - "No need for 30 pages, I'll tell you right now" as he once said in a message to me.

As the curtain comes to a close and we farewell and rejoice in a great man's life, others will be just welcoming him into theirs, and there's a great chance that he will be telling them all he knows about what's going on down here.

I propose a toast to pete55 - a great man who will be missed by more people than he probably ever thought. Now there's the mark of a top bloke!

Last edited by Just Do It!; 18 Dec 2007 at 05:42.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:50 (Ref:2091051)   #102
goosel
Rookie

Australia
goosel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"During your journey on your final flight home.
White wings will carry you and you will be flown.
To the pearly gates of Heaven, where they will usher you in.
To the feet of your Lord, your Saviour, and your friend.
He will hold you in his arms and the angels will sing.
As another one of His children is delivered by white wings."

Author: Julie Johnson

RIP Pete55.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:54 (Ref:2091054)   #103
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've spent more time reading than posting here over the years, but pete was one of the individuals here who made this place worth coming back to.

RIP Pete.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 11:56 (Ref:2091200)   #104
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 pages of posts in a only a few days, about a man most of us had never met, we are a family of sorts and are all saddened by the passing of a family member in such a tragic way and time. I add my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
R.I.P. pete55
Old 18 Dec 2007, 13:34 (Ref:2091273)   #105
Datto1600
Rookie

Australia
Toowoomba Qld
Datto1600 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very very sad news

RIP Pete
Old 18 Dec 2007, 23:55 (Ref:2091665)   #106
Branagan
Rookie

Branagan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pete was always passionate about his sport and, as several members have mentioned already, respectful of the views of others, even if they were on the opposite side of any particular view he was expressing. It was also obvious that he had some clear insights into the sport, the way it works and the people in it. He was kind enough to post some positive things about us, which is always nice, and he was able to see the best in others without sounding like he was seeking their favour.
As hard as it would be to lose a valued family member and friend at any time, I can only imagine how tough it would be at this time of year, in particular. To all his family and friends, we extend our sincere condolences.

Chris, Phil and the team,
Motorsport News
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:20 (Ref:2092206)   #107
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A short newpaper article on Pete Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Dec 2007, 01:11 (Ref:2092395)   #108
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
A short newpaper article on Pete Here
Thanks for that link GTRMagic - greatly appreciated as it explains the circumstances of his accident.

Mike
Old 20 Dec 2007, 02:29 (Ref:2092416)   #109
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmciau
Thanks for that link GTRMagic - greatly appreciated as it explains the circumstances of his accident.

Mike
The other article here
Old 20 Dec 2007, 09:07 (Ref:2092504)   #110
old wise one
Rookie

old wise one should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sincere condolences,my thoughts are with the family at this time of the year,Thanks Pete for all the constuctive conversation you offered over the time
Bob
Old 20 Dec 2007, 10:56 (Ref:2092559)   #111
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's almost a sad irony that Pete should lose his life on Steve Irwin Way. Two great men with two great passions.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2093055)   #112
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R.i.p.
Old 20 Dec 2007, 23:48 (Ref:2093056)   #113
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unbelievable, I heard at work about an accident at Steve Memorial Way on that very day, then a few days later this thread appeared, would never have thought the two were related.

RIP Pete55.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 06:40 (Ref:2093169)   #114
v8race1
Racer

v8race1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TRAGIC news. Pete you shall be missed by so many. Your forum demeaner is, and always will be admired by all. I shall miss your posts....

My heartfelt condolences goes out to all your family and friends.

Maybe some one closer to the 'front' can direct us where we can send our personel condolences ie flowers ect....

'Glorified and remembered in our memories mate'

RIP.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2093571)   #115
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
To All,

I have just spoken to Irene, Peter's partner. She is overwhelmed at the messages of condolence that you have all posted here. She aksed me to pass on her heart felt thank you. I like most of you never met Pete55 but spoke on the phone to him regularly. Pete55 will be laid to rest on Saturday next the 22nd at the Kullangor Cemetery, Ackerman Road, Nambour. 1PM.
I will be driving up Friday if anyone from NSW would like to hitch a ride.

I was hoping to get up there today, but Im not going to be able to get away. I'll spend the time watching bathurst videos and playing the "v8supercars heartbeat of a nation" song from a few years ago - in rememberence of Pete at 1pm.

While we mourn pete and think of his family and friends, consider the poor bloke driving the truck and his family at this hard time as well.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 05:20 (Ref:2093651)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was very quiet around my house around 1pm... for a couple of hours...

Vale Peter Traves.

This thread will be moved to the Tributes Forum, where it can be commented on in perpetuity.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Dec 2007, 20:04 (Ref:2093891)   #117
Bigblock
Rookie

Bigblock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My wife and I attended Petes funeral and just to let everyone in here know what a moving time it was. One of the nicest touches was the Guard of Honour all his workmates gave him and his last ride on the work ute.

I was lucky enough to know Pete for 30 years of my life, and got to do some amazing stuff with him, got to see his family grow up around him and he was there always for me and mine.

But he was like that with most people he knew, if he could help someone he would

As was said yesterday by his son Kelvin, he was his own man. He said what he thought had to be said, even though he may stand on a few toes.
He loved life, laughing, his kids , and anything that had a motor and went fast. In no particular order of preference.

I know he will never be able to be replaced in my life, or any one elses........... because then they made Peter they broke the mould. He was truely one of lifes gentlemen.

We used to chat regularly on ICQ for ages, and ever time I fire up the computer and it starts automatically, I still catch myself waiting for him to say G'day

Never forget Pete, because if you do, you will lose something truely special.

RIP Mate
Old 16 Dec 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2355811)   #118
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12 months on - pete we still miss you.

Often this year as I've spoken, read or watched reports of races, and issues in our sport - Ive stopped and thought - What would Pete55 have thought of that.

Sadly missed always in our minds
Old 16 Dec 2008, 11:03 (Ref:2355908)   #119
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hard to believe its been a year since that tragic day.

Certainly made me stop and think for a bit. We still miss you Pete.
Old 18 Dec 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2357808)   #120
dcr44S
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
dcr44S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't give my condolences at the time but always read your stuff with interest.

Having lost someone close to me last Monday I know how the pain feels but his legacy will live on with us here.

Go n-éir* an bothar leat, Pete!