Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old Today, 02:09 (Ref:3817100)   #106
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
The current Camaro is slightly wider and taller than a Supercar - but not by much.

The differences are so small that it would probably take less work to adapt the Camaro body than the Mustang - overall length is the biggest issue, but with the wheelbase being such a minute difference the majority of it is in the front and rear overhang which shouldn't be TOO difficult, but as you can see it has the OPPOSITE problem to address from the Mustang.
Cheers, i had assumed looking at the photos it would have the same issue around the roofline as the mustang would ahve around the C Pillar
Old Today, 10:24 (Ref:3817146)   #107
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That front bumper and bonnet shape on the Camaro is very unfriendly to aero though, will be interested to see how they would have to manipulate the body to achieve parity with the other makes.
Old Today, 10:35 (Ref:3817148)   #108
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
For whatever reason I cannot see the poll nor it's results. I'm assuming it's heavily in favor of the Camaro?

Quote:
Cheers, i had assumed looking at the photos it would have the same issue around the roofline as the mustang would ahve around the C Pillar
Yeah, the new Camaros are a LOT bigger than people think. Not helping this matter is the fact that the most well-known racing incarnations(TA2 and NASCAR) are both a bit bigger still, and people know this, reinforcing the image that the road car is tiny to anyone that hasn't gotten really close. This inaccurate image has bled over to car guys as well, and even we sometimes forget that the Camaro is MASSIVE for what it's supposed to be.

I even had to doublecheck those numbers - my brain recalled that the Camaro is bigger than the Mustang, but it still misrecalled HOW much bigger. I was thinking it'd need fewer changes due to being closer, but I didn't figure it would need to SHRINK to fit properly!
Old Today, 10:56 (Ref:3817149)   #109
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
For whatever reason I cannot see the poll nor it's results. I'm assuming it's heavily in favor of the Camaro?

Yeah, the new Camaros are a LOT bigger than people think. Not helping this matter is the fact that the most well-known racing incarnations(TA2 and NASCAR) are both a bit bigger still, and people know this, reinforcing the image that the road car is tiny to anyone that hasn't gotten really close. This inaccurate image has bled over to car guys as well, and even we sometimes forget that the Camaro is MASSIVE for what it's supposed to be.

I even had to doublecheck those numbers - my brain recalled that the Camaro is bigger than the Mustang, but it still misrecalled HOW much bigger. I was thinking it'd need fewer changes due to being closer, but I didn't figure it would need to SHRINK to fit properly!

Im guessing it must be geo-blocked to Australia

71% in favour, after just a couple days, but its the amount of responses that is impressive, more than double the votes of other recent polls. to me that sugegst a a passion

Havent seen a camaro in Australia, where as there are quite a few mustangs around town.
Old Today, 11:42 (Ref:3817156)   #110
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Havent seen a camaro in Australia, where as there are quite a few mustangs around town.
Only available in LHD curtails its legal usage in most states in Australia. The cost of converting and meeting local compliance would be prohibitive for commercial onward sales. The last I heard was GM have no intentions of offering right hand drive variations. It is not just a matter of changing a steering rack, it involves different firewall, dashboard likely relocation of peripheral engine parts, pedal box plus much more.

For these reasons alone I cant see the financial viability in Holden offering a Camaro for sale in Aus. Preumably the branding might cause issues as well. Chevrolet v Holden. It is more than just changing a badge with international marketing strategies and plans for Holden let alone Chev.
Old Today, 11:57 (Ref:3817158)   #111
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Only available in LHD curtails its legal usage in most states in Australia. The cost of converting and meeting local compliance would be prohibitive for commercial onward sales. The last I heard was GM have no intentions of offering right hand drive variations. It is not just a matter of changing a steering rack, it involves different firewall, dashboard likely relocation of peripheral engine parts, pedal box plus much more.

For these reasons alone I cant see the financial viability in Holden offering a Camaro for sale in Aus. Preumably the branding might cause issues as well. Chevrolet v Holden. It is more than just changing a badge with international marketing strategies and plans for Holden let alone Chev.
The next Camaro has been reported as being designed for both left & right hand drive architecture. Due out in 2020 or 2021. Till then it'll be local conversions and the cost associated with them.