Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Feb 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2387149)   #1
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Belt tightens: Holden drops the Clipsal drinks

I refer to an article in todays Adelaide Advertiser linked

I think in light of the current economical climate Holden have made an understandable, respectful and quite prudent decision in this matter.

My point lies in the following. The article mentions that "a 50-person package in the new Pit Pavilion facility costs $54,635, excluding food and beverages". I find that excessive.
This evening our Prime Minister blamed the Global Recession on Wall Street greed. But I put it to you that the greed is a lot closer to us than Manhattan.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2387178)   #2
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Far out slow news week in Adelaide obviously - we are obviously sick of reading about the heat wave we are all trying to live through.

My sister works in finance at Elizabeth and was told this was happening in September/October last year
Old 3 Feb 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2387186)   #3
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holden, the great fan's mate, FOrd the school yard bully,

Ford: We are cutting back

Holden: - Sssshhh - all the posters, Ford are &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Holden would never do this

Ahh the sweet smell of double deficit, Holden exposed , where are the Holden fans, Probably laying quiet.

You were told they would, just Holden never had the Go##### to annouce it.

Swings and roundabouts people, swings and roundabouts
Old 3 Feb 2009, 09:40 (Ref:2387196)   #4
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
Wait a tick mate.
My query isn't pointed at Ford or Holden, and personally I have no affiliation or alligience.
It is pointed at the whole idea that around $54K for 30 people for 4 days is excessive. And that catering isn't included.
No wonder the worls going broke.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2387208)   #5
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant agree more kmsport a prudent business decision in difficult times nothing wrong with that nor news worthy.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2387213)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
kmsport: I know you meant 50 people as per the article. Go to www.v8supercar.co.nz where you will find a 20 person suite will cost up to NZ$28,000 + GST (12.5%) and food and beverages.

According to reports from the 2008 inaugral event, when you were in the Lower Villas opposite the pits, you could only see the roof line of the cars travelling in pit lane and saw no pit stop activity. Makes the higher pit straight villas an incredibly great deal!
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2387229)   #7
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
Wait a tick mate.
My query isn't pointed at Ford or Holden, and personally I have no affiliation or alligience.
It is pointed at the whole idea that around $54K for 30 people for 4 days is excessive. And that catering isn't included.
I know , My point is in general to the fact FORD annouced they would cut back, and stated so, Posters called FORD a pack of &&&&&&&& , to borow a line, yet Holden posters said Holden would never be like that.

Ford have said they will be there, Adleaide Home to Elizabeth Plant, and some damn fine exports I might add, have said no.

Perhaps they should rethink, and bring some of the people from the countries they export to , to show them how well we aussie do it better than the Yanks and Euro's.

My point is Holden were always going to cut back, just tried to keep it quiet. Where as Ford did up front.

thats all
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2387245)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
Wait a tick mate.
Is Holden getting screwed for the space?

If you use the 'official' series V8Supercar Paddock Club facility Here they only want to take $1,400 a head from you for...

"From the mouth watering cuisine and first class service, to the adrenalin rush of V8 Supercars, the Paddock Club offers both indulgence and heart stopping thrills."

Actually $1,400 is good value for 3 days, out of the sun, in air conditioned comfort, with food, beverages, plasma screens, pit lane exit views....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:20 (Ref:2387251)   #9
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
kmsport: I know you meant 50 people as per the article. Go to www.v8supercar.co.nz where you will find a 20 person suite will cost up to NZ$28,000 + GST (12.5%) and food and beverages.

According to reports from the 2008 inaugral event, when you were in the Lower Villas opposite the pits, you could only see the roof line of the cars travelling in pit lane and saw no pit stop activity. Makes the higher pit straight villas an incredibly great deal!
NZ$ are very different to Aussie dollars!
Old 3 Feb 2009, 10:24 (Ref:2387256)   #10
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But it's all relative, Cuz
Old 3 Feb 2009, 14:12 (Ref:2387447)   #11
Rick Martin
Rookie

Australia
South Australia, Australia
Rick Martin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by birtek
Far out slow news week in Adelaide obviously - we are obviously sick of reading about the heat wave we are all trying to live through.

My sister works in finance at Elizabeth and was told this was happening in September/October last year
I agree, all I have read here is how hot it is, I could have told them that and I also heard about this around christmas from a family friend, being a Ford person I was slow to believe him but to his credit he was right.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2387660)   #12
Just Do It!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

If you use the 'official' series V8Supercar Paddock Club facility Here they only want to take $1,400 a head from you for...

"From the mouth watering cuisine and first class service, to the adrenalin rush of V8 Supercars, the Paddock Club offers both indulgence and heart stopping thrills."

Actually $1,400 is good value for 3 days, out of the sun, in air conditioned comfort, with food, beverages, plasma screens, pit lane exit views....
Does $1400 inc drinks as at Hamilton there is only a cash bar? COuldnt find any reference.

Rather than shop V8SA, you would be better to buy off Hamilton promoters directly if my peso to peso conversion maths is right.

Last edited by Just Do It!; 3 Feb 2009 at 19:57.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2387681)   #13
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
But it's all relative, Cuz
Not really, convert the dollars, and see how it compares then!
I know our dollar is **** atm, so it would probably work out the same amount
Old 3 Feb 2009, 22:52 (Ref:2387779)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

AUS$11 per person more expensive for the Hamilton 400
Old 4 Feb 2009, 00:42 (Ref:2387833)   #15
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
AUS$11 per person more expensive for the Hamilton 400
Thats not as large a gap as i thought it would be.

Makes sense tho, considering the different specticals of events!
Old 5 Feb 2009, 06:55 (Ref:2388686)   #16
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this might reflect the fact that Holden's boss is not all that interested in racing.
Denny Mooney and his gang used to charter a coach and go up to Bathurst every year. denny wouold even visit the top of The Mountain and shake hands with the faithful.
Holden even used to have an "economy run" for motoring journos from Sydney to the Gold Coast every year, arriving in time for the Indy 300 or whatever it was called each year.
Can't see the new bloke doing any of that though.
Old 5 Feb 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2388710)   #17
petebendon
Rookie

petebendon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony
I think this might reflect the fact that Holden's boss is not all that interested in racing.
not sure about that stoned pony I found googeled and found he used to head up GM's performance division...........
Old 5 Feb 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2388733)   #18
rocks harder
Rookie

Denmark
sunny coast
rocks harder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mark reuss use to race cars in america its just that most car manufacturers are struggling and are cutting unnecessary expenditure.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2389787)   #19
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Actually it's $54k for 50 people, not 30... About $1000/person.

Most expensive Grand Stand seats are over $300/person.
Old 7 Feb 2009, 02:08 (Ref:2390118)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik
Actually it's $54k for 50 people, not 30... About $1000/person.

Most expensive Grand Stand seats are over $300/person.
But that excludes feeding...
Old 7 Feb 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2390281)   #21
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
so did the 54k price
Old 7 Feb 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2390365)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Holden stand was $54k for 50 people plus feeding

The VESA Paddock Club is $1400pp including feeding or $70k for 50 people.

Feeding is likely to be more that $16k for the Holden box
Old 8 Feb 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2390669)   #23
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
Oh yeah, I get it now. It's all money though. I suppose the workers at Elizabeth would have been grumpy if it all went ahead though. Having the line down for a month whilst the Execs enjoy a corporate box wouldn't necessarily be viewed favorably.
Old 10 Feb 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2392203)   #24
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Extract from a release:

The V8 Supercar organisers say there is still demand for corporate hospitality packages at motorsport events, despite the decision by Holden to cut its Supercar hospitality program.

Hitchcock said the V8 Supercars had frozen ticket prices for all events, and despite Holden’s decision, organisers still expect most corporate seats to sell out.

Can anyone confirm ticket prices are the same as last year at Clipsal.

Try Indy corp prices, some are over $70 000 plus food and beverage.
Old 10 Feb 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2392206)   #25
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Spunky my understanding is that V8SA have frozen ticket prices at all their events, that is the oens they run.

I believe Clipsal is more expensive, but V8SA do not run Clipsal, they simply just turn up