Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Feb 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2392137)   #1
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Walkinshaw interview part 2

The other thread was closed given most people had no chance of reading the article. Anyway I managed to get hold of last Friday's Herald Sun and after fighting with my scanner and Photoshop for the last half hour I am proud to present the said article.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...na/TW_HSun.jpg
Old 10 Feb 2009, 08:16 (Ref:2392161)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Thank you for doing that Billy. It's nice to see that Tom is still the modest individual he always used to be...
Old 10 Feb 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2392165)   #3
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He forgot to mention his role as the greatest spin doctor of all time.
Could run for politics, avoids any question, answers about different subjects.

Hopefully one day some one will write the truth about Shonky Racing.
Old 10 Feb 2009, 08:44 (Ref:2392175)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see that its apparently MGPE's fault now that Arrows fell over
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Feb 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2392232)   #5
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks billy! Much of what he says has a solid basis in fact... he was a reasonably handy steerer!
Old 10 Feb 2009, 11:04 (Ref:2392258)   #6
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Very surprising article ... nice of Walkinshoddy to clear everything up and admit that nothing is ever his fault ... would never have guessed
Old 10 Feb 2009, 11:44 (Ref:2392283)   #7
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hard hitting journalism, that one!
Old 10 Feb 2009, 12:27 (Ref:2392309)   #8
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me, or does he look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in that smaller picture? LOL.
Old 10 Feb 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2394208)   #9
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT
Thank you for doing that Billy. It's nice to see that Tom is still the modest individual he always used to be...

My thoughts exactly.

Very interesting with regards to Skaife. A lot can be read into what he did and didnt say. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to give his version but he declined.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 03:15 (Ref:2394273)   #10
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting to see Foges in AA, suggest members of forums such as this one should stop giving Tom a hard time
Looks like Tom wants to reinvent himself.

Last edited by billy bigtime; 11 Feb 2009 at 03:17.
Old 11 Feb 2009, 08:35 (Ref:2394337)   #11
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Interesting to see Foges in AA, suggest members of forums such as this one should stop giving Tom a hard time
'Members of forums such as this one' probably would stop giving him a hard time if the journalists in this country did their job properly and reported without bias and asked the questions that need asking.

Oh hang on - if they did that the Big Bad Wolf (aka V8SCA) would take their series pass away from them...
Old 11 Feb 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2394373)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA1327 P15 "The Facts of Strife" - M.Fogarty
"...Go to the online fan forums and, if you havent already, you wull soon realise the depth of animosity against him, expressed in ill-informed - not to mention unflattering - comments that perpetuate the myth of him (Walkinshaw) being a nefarious individual...
Does Mr Fogarty write Mr Walkinshaw's PR now??
Old 11 Feb 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2394374)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
'Members of forums such as this one' probably would stop giving him a hard time if the journalists in this country did their job properly and reported without bias and asked the questions that need asking.

Oh hang on - if they did that the Big Bad Wolf (aka V8SCA) would take their series pass away from them...
They tried that.. actually they did that... and the category has rarely featured in the Sydney Morning Herald ever since...
Old 11 Feb 2009, 11:26 (Ref:2395009)   #14
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Looks like Tom wants to reinvent himself.
fogarty who is he, doesn't even ripple a broad sheet. Must be some out of work hack looking for a meal ticket.

Journo's , lower than a pregnant snakes belly, couldnt ask a question if their life depended ont it.

never let truth or facts get in the way of selling papers or Air time

now thats the truth
Old 11 Feb 2009, 12:15 (Ref:2395378)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybanana
The other thread was closed given most people had no chance of reading the article. Anyway I managed to get hold of last Friday's Herald Sun and after fighting with my scanner and Photoshop for the last half hour I am proud to present the said article.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...na/TW_HSun.jpg
Is it just me or is Mr Fogarty's article remarkably similar to the above? Did he make notes while Mr Gover interviewed, or is Mr Walkinshaw a one-trick-pony when giving responses during interviews??
Old 11 Feb 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2395757)   #16
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
or is Mr Walkinshaw a one-trick-pony when giving responses during interviews??
Oh, GTR ... I think Walkinshoddy has quite a few tricks in his repertoire!