Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2731341)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Sounds pretty reasonable. I think that the Jeanette/Juilan combo has a shot at doing just that; IMO neither is quite as fast as Bouchut or Wallace but both are far from slow and clearly quicker than Scott Tucker.
I agree the J/J combo has a chance at the title, but I think Jeanette may be as quick Bouchut in an LMPC car. They both have about the same number of poles and fastest race laps this season so far.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2731357)   #52
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hindy up for the second practice session, right on through "Q"ing.

L.P.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2731361)   #53
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
quly under quesion?
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:04 (Ref:2731364)   #54
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
ALMS Spotter Guide now updated with new Genoa Livery (maybe base colour is a little dark) and BMW aero updates.

http://www.spotterguides.com/alms-2010-guide

Thanks to John Dagys of Speed.com for reference images from the circuit
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:05 (Ref:2731366)   #55
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
quly under quesion?
Not at the moment.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:07 (Ref:2731367)   #56
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
error, sorry
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2731368)   #57
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
error, sorry
LOL edit it out as soon as Bergmeister beats his time, nice one
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2731370)   #58
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
LOL edit it out as soon as Bergmeister beats his time, nice one
nope i thought the 1:04 was a dry time, but i checke and 55sec is the dry time, so my comment was pointless
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2731372)   #59
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Will the prototypes be automatically grided in front of the GT-cars or could we end up with a GT-car in the front row if conditions change in between the two qualifying sessions?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2731373)   #60
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Will the prototypes be automatically grided in front of the GT-cars or could we end up with a GT-car in the front row if conditions change in between the two qualifying sessions?
They will start in qualifying order, if conditions change to the point that LMP qualifying can't take place then i guess the GT qualifying will be discarded aswell, and regulation 9.8.4 will take over.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2731374)   #61
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
hindy spot on my thinking of the gt2,
gt2 is ment to be race cars as close to roadcars not prototps with 47 waivers
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2731377)   #62
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yeah, but then again, 95% of those waivers are probably for things that, unless the guys spent a week explaining them to you, you wouldn't know or even be able to tell the difference anyway.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2731378)   #63
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
hindy spot on my thinking of the gt2,
gt2 is ment to be race cars as close to roadcars not prototps with 47 waivers
Would that still be your thinking if it was the Ferrari 430's that had 47 waivers?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2731379)   #64
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
Would that still be your thinking if it was the Ferrari 430's that had 47 waivers?
Of course not, he would be telling hindy to stop whining
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2731380)   #65
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
well i guess the 5% is what matteres then,

i know that small waivers are not that important, but getting 47 off them, it is reasonable to asume that at least 1 or 2 give an unfair addvantige

P.S. I happen to know its the corvette
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2731381)   #66
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have it on very good authority Ferrari has no waivers on the 430 at all! Hence why teams fear the 458
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2731382)   #67
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Now Hindy is literally counting off how many cars are in each class, on air, lol.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2731383)   #68
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Has anyone found any benefit of the new Flash version of T&S over the original one? Seems to have no advantages and need to figure out what all the new shading of the lines represents?
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2731384)   #69
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:

P.S. I happen to know its the corvette
Because it was mentioned on air during the first practice session.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:30 (Ref:2731385)   #70
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Because it was mentioned on air during the first practice session.
nope i know because someone here, I think the badger, posted that info when he got back from Le mans, some times Ten-tenth gets the info before RLM
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2731387)   #71
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123145
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2731388)   #72
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Live video at http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live is up.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2731389)   #73
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
u rule
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2731391)   #74
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
nope i know because someone here, I think the badger, posted that info when he got back from Le mans, some times Ten-tenth gets the info before RLM
didnt realise its public knowledge, but yeah I heard the same from different sources.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2731392)   #75
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Considering how much standing water there is the GT cars are going pretty damn quick.