Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Jul 2016, 02:31 (Ref:3657007)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 Mosport

With back to back races for the first time this season we will have to see how the teams adapt. But If I had to guess, if a car was good at Watkins, it will be good at Mosport as well.

Entry List

Schedule

Weather

Track Map

Spotters Guide

Imsa Radio

Session Results

Last edited by joeb; 6 Jul 2016 at 14:14.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3657068)   #2
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in. I'm planning on arriving on Thursday am for when the gates open. I want a trackside spot on the outfield between 3 and 4 to set up camp. Bringing a former NASCAR fan. Got him hooked on sports cars during the May 2-4 PWC race there.

If anyone is in the area be on the lookout for a little charcoal Kia Rio and an atomic green Challenger. One tent will be a blue/gray one. We'll have a canopy if you're there on Friday.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3657072)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love this circuit and hope the weekend is a clean, successful one for Ron and Mosport. Thanks for calling it by the name we know, joeb!
Old 5 Jul 2016, 14:38 (Ref:3657082)   #4
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The usual downtown Toronto promo thing is at Yonge-Dundas Square again, tomorrow (Wednesday, July 6th) from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
http://www.ydsquare.ca/index.php?opt...234&Itemid=487
http://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/...oronto-791242/
Old 5 Jul 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3657091)   #5
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
... Thanks for calling it by the name we know, joeb!
Yes but now I'm not sure which brand of hotdogs I'm supposed to buy, or what auto parts store I'm supposed to shop at.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3657105)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Yes but now I'm not sure which brand of hotdogs I'm supposed to buy, or what auto parts store I'm supposed to shop at.
Don't forget the cheese and tequila...
Old 5 Jul 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3657115)   #7
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
With back to back races for the first time this season we will have to see how the teams adapt. But If I had to guess, if a car was good at Watkins, it will be good at Mosport as well.

Entry List

Schedule

Weather

I'll fill in the rest of the links in the coming days.

Maybe. Watkins Glen is now so much smoother than Mosport. We will find out soon.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3657134)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
mosport rules
Old 5 Jul 2016, 21:58 (Ref:3657170)   #9
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to get there one day. There and Road America. And Sebring. And Watkins Glen. And Mid Ohio. And Lime Rock. Yeah, I'd like to make it to Mosport one day.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 22:28 (Ref:3657171)   #10
TRuss
Veteran

Emergency BoP. http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13168...anges-for-ctmp
Old 6 Jul 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3657385)   #11
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BMWs will dominate GTLM. That's if Ford doesn't have more speed in hand.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 02:11 (Ref:3657399)   #12
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
That's if Ford doesn't have more speed in hand.
I will just go ahead and solidify my qualifications to be a cynical curmudgeon, which, well, I am, and say that if they control this race, not much short of an emergency BoP change to require them to have a normally aspirated Yugo engine with a missing spark plug is going to save this class. But, they also have an option of playing a game and taking one on the chin to avoid too much BoP for later in the season. Yuck.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 09:04 (Ref:3657455)   #13
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
IMSA official at Mosport: "Sorry, Mr. Ganassi, but you only paid for so many race wins. If you wanted to win more here, you shouldn't have split your budget between ACO and IMSA."

Internal IMSA communique: "Ford has publicly announced a two-year extension on the GT program. They are stuck now .... we get two more years of 'Partnership' fees. Feel free to drop the BoP hammer. I think BMW was the next highest bidder?"
Old 7 Jul 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3657485)   #14
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Maelochs;3657455]IMSA official at Mosport: "Sorry, Mr. Ganassi, but you only paid for so many race wins. If you wanted to win more here, you shouldn't have split your budget between ACO and IMSA."

You probably don't know how accurate you are with those commentss!
Old 7 Jul 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3657496)   #15
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
BMWs will dominate GTLM. That's if Ford doesn't have more speed in hand.
Joey might have something in store for all of us!
Old 7 Jul 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3657500)   #16
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I can's see the BMW having the top end, huge frontal area.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 20:48 (Ref:3657552)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
IMSA official at Mosport: "Sorry, Mr. Ganassi, but you only paid for so many race wins. If you wanted to win more here, you shouldn't have split your budget between ACO and IMSA."

Internal IMSA communique: "Ford has publicly announced a two-year extension on the GT program. They are stuck now .... we get two more years of 'Partnership' fees. Feel free to drop the BoP hammer. I think BMW was the next highest bidder?"
I do think it is neat if all 5 makes win at least one race this year though. 0 for BMW and Ferrari so far. Porsche does have 1 win although it does not feel like it. They have laid 3 eggs recently (Laguna, Le Mans, Watkins Glen). Hopefully the adjustment does make a closer fight between turbos and N.A engined cars.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3657555)   #18
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I can's see the BMW having the top end, huge frontal area.
M6 is bullying itself through the air with hp and torque. Power output from the engine unrestricted is somewhere around 600hp and 600lb-ft.

This car doesn't have the Z4 problem where no amount of air restrictor would make it quick in a straight line. M6 is a straightline bruiser.
Old 8 Jul 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3657674)   #19
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I do think it is neat if all 5 makes win at least one race this year though.
Not if it is handed out by BoP instead of earned. If IMSA just decides who should win each race, it isn't racing, it is theater.

Nothing against theater, but I would not pay to watch a play about racing if IMSA wrote the script.
Old 8 Jul 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3657682)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just finishing up first practice and it turns out Corvette are 1-2, followed by BMW and Ford. Ferrari 1.7 seconds back......

In protos Taylor has 1 second on Nunez in 2nd place.
Old 8 Jul 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3657703)   #21
Maelochs
Veteran

Second practice WTR leads the two AXR cars, the Mazdas are 4-5, BMW-Vette-Ford in GTLM. Mighty Magnus, the God of Humor, leads GTD.

I'd have thought CTMP, being a fast track, would favor the P2s. Shows what I know.
Old 8 Jul 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3657706)   #22
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what happened to the #68 Ferrari?
Old 8 Jul 2016, 21:55 (Ref:3657712)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Second practice WTR leads the two AXR cars, the Mazdas are 4-5, BMW-Vette-Ford in GTLM. Mighty Magnus, the God of Humor, leads GTD.

I'd have thought CTMP, being a fast track, would favor the P2s. Shows what I know.
I think weather has played a role in the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Does anyone know what happened to the #68 Ferrari?
I didn't think they were doing any more races until Petit, but it sounds like they were on an earlier entry list this week
Old 8 Jul 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3657721)   #24
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't think they were doing any more races until Petit, but it sounds like they were on an earlier entry list this week
Probably cheaper to file as a full-season entry and withdraw than to enter ad-hoc.
Old 9 Jul 2016, 05:04 (Ref:3657743)   #25
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think weather has played a role in the times.

Mazda's twitter was saying something along those lines. Not really trying much with the rain lingering, at least in fp1.