Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 26 Oct 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3776623)   #1251
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMSA: USCR 2018

Fernando confirmed by S365 in the UA ligier

United Autosports - Ligier JS P217 Gibson - Will Owen / Paul Di Resta / TBC

United Autosports - Ligier JS P217 Gibson - Lando Norris / Fernando Alonso / Phil Hanson

Pretty interesting line ups there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Bcarr6; 26 Oct 2017 at 15:44.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 16:34 (Ref:3776630)   #1252
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I am officially calling it: in terms of driver star power and teams involved, this is going to be the best Daytona 24 since the heyday of IMSA GTP.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 16:49 (Ref:3776632)   #1253
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah that is a heck of a list...it's going to be an awesome race!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:26 (Ref:3776644)   #1254
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

United Autosports - Ligier JS P217 Gibson - Lando Norris / Fernando Alonso / Phil Hanson

Also DSC, and United Autosports FB page. Huge, good news!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3776646)   #1255
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Book your hotels for Daytona now Gents! It should be a bumper crowd. I will be attending my first IMSA race since 2014. Glad to see things cooking again in the sportscar world in the USA. The DPi grid looks amazing based on what we know so far. I was one of the most vocal against the format but I have to give credit where due it has turned out great. Here's what I have, please correct if you I have any errors/omissions.

Penske Acura x 2
ESM Nissan x 2
Joest Mazda x 2
AXR Cadillac x 2
WTR Cadillac x 1
Spirit of Florida Cadillac (?) x 1

Rebellion Oreca Gibson x 1
JDC Miller Oreca Gibson x 1
Bar1 Multimatic Gibson x 1
Performance Tech Dallara Gibson x 1
CRP ??
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3776647)   #1256
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Book your hotels for Daytona now Gents! It should be a bumper crowd. I will be attending my first IMSA race since 2014. Glad to see things cooking again in the sportscar world in the USA. The DPi grid looks amazing based on what we know so far. I was one of the most vocal against the format but I have to give credit where due it has turned out great. Here's what I have, please correct if you I have any errors/omissions.

Penske Acura x 2
ESM Nissan x 2
Joest Mazda x 2
AXR Cadillac x 2
WTR Cadillac x 1
Spirit of Florida Cadillac (?) x 1

Rebellion Oreca Gibson x 1
JDC Miller Oreca Gibson x 1
Bar1 Multimatic Gibson x 1
Performance Tech Dallara Gibson x 1
CRP ??
United Autosports with 2xLigier JS P217 Gibson as listed above. My guess is at least 2-3 more ELMS/WEC teams bringing a car or two.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3776648)   #1257
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
United Autosports with 2xLigier JS P217 Gibson as listed above. My guess is at least 2-3 more ELMS/WEC teams bringing a car or two.
Whoops! That was the whole point of my post- duh! Thanks
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3776649)   #1258
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well one of those United Autosports cars will have a rookie to Daytona in it one Spaniard by the name of Fernado Alonso, it will be interesting to see how he goes.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132647
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3776650)   #1259
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Which adds to 'Great' for the race. Hopefully Sebring spurs the same level of interest.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3776652)   #1260
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Which adds to 'Great' for the race. Hopefully Sebring spurs the same level of interest.
Didn't IMSA announce a few months ago a special entry package for European LMP2 teams doing both Daytona and Sebring? Including discounts on freight, tire and fuel bills? Given WEC and ELMS start slightly later in 2018, I'm guessing a few teams are either tempted or have already signed on the dotted line.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 17:59 (Ref:3776654)   #1261
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Didn't IMSA announce a few months ago a special entry package for European LMP2 teams doing both Daytona and Sebring? Including discounts on freight, tire and fuel bills? Given WEC and ELMS start slightly later in 2018, I'm guessing a few teams are either tempted or have already signed on the dotted line.
Good call, forgot about that.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3776667)   #1262
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/stat...10710680236033

Old 26 Oct 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3776668)   #1263
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The DP cockpits were originally supposed to be much smaller. When Jeff Clinton had his accident they changed that though.
Everything I've ever read on the subject says differently - that the DP cockpits were always going to be that big because they wanted to evoke the image of cars like the Ford GT40.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3776682)   #1264
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Everything I've ever read on the subject says differently - that the DP cockpits were always going to be that big because they wanted to evoke the image of cars like the Ford GT40.
Great now please drop it. There are actual interesting things to discuss, not the reasons behind do cockpit dimensions. Feel free to start a thread in historics about that if you wish.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3776683)   #1265
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Imsa is thinking about fantasy sports and they want your input via this survey:

http://survey.constantcontact.com/su...zeixp/greeting
Old 26 Oct 2017, 23:50 (Ref:3776692)   #1266
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
24Hrs of Daytona

DPI -

Team Penske - Acura ARX-05 DPI - Ricky Taylor / Helio Castroneves + Graham Rahal

Team Penske - Acura ARX-05 DPI - Juan Pablo Montoya / Dane Cameron + Simon Pagenaud

Wayne Taylor Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR - Jordan Taylor / TBC + TBC

Action Express Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR - Filipe Nasr / Eric Curran + Mike Conway

Action Express Racing - Cadillac DPI-VR - Filipe Albuquerque / Joao Barbosa + Christian Fittipaldi

Extreme Speed Motorsport - Nissan DPI - Johannes Van Overbeek / Ryan Daziel + TBC

Extreme Speed Motorsport - Nissan DPI - Pipo Derani / Scott Sharp + TBC

Team Joest - Mazda RT24P DPI - TBC

Team Joest - Mazda RT24P DPI - TBC

P2

JDC Miller Motorsports - Oreca 07 Gibson

JDC Miller Motorsports - Oreca 07 Gibson

PR1/Mathieson - Ligier JS P217 Gibson

Visit Florida Racing - TBC (Ligier?)

Core Autosport - Oreca 07 Gibson

Performance Tech - Dallara P217 Gibson

Starworks- TBC

Starworks - TBC

Dawson D3 Racing - Ligier JS P217 Gibson - Robbie Kerr / TBC / TBC

BAR1 Motorsports - Riley Mk 30 Gibson

Daytona Only P2

DC Racing - Oreca 07 Gibson

DC Racing - Oreca 07 Gibson

Rebellion - Oreca 07 Gibson

Holy mackerel

Old 26 Oct 2017, 23:58 (Ref:3776694)   #1267
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
^Wow!

Edit: According to MWM Visit Florida will likely be using one of AXR's spare Cadillac chassis.

Last edited by Canada ALMS fan; 27 Oct 2017 at 00:05.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 02:44 (Ref:3776702)   #1268
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Starworks is supporting the Land Audi effort in GTD with the prospect of two of those for Daytona/NAEC (one full season entry likely).

DC Racing is still in 'possible' phase right now but I would not be surprised to see at least one car for Daytona/36H Florida/NAEC.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 07:33 (Ref:3776718)   #1269
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
^Wow!

Edit: According to MWM Visit Florida will likely be using one of AXR's spare Cadillac chassis.
I always thought that it could happen something like that.
But won't be surprised if visit florida would stick to their ligier at the end if AXR won't be able to get a fresh cadillac dpi chassis.

About lmp2, I expect just one JDC full season (or with a stable drivers line up at least). I have some concerns about other debuting lmp2 teams.

But anyway, really amazin line-up so far!
no doubts that from this very season IMSA > WEC
Old 27 Oct 2017, 11:26 (Ref:3776747)   #1270
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racing Team Nederland probably will be at Daytona as well, with their Dallara.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3776753)   #1271
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Fred’s trying yet another new motorsport, he’s a true racer like Mario. Hopefully he can do LM next season too
Old 27 Oct 2017, 12:05 (Ref:3776754)   #1272
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Speaking of the Dutch, Ricky Taylor's replacement at WTR is Renger van der Zande.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3776756)   #1273
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wonder if the Caddy concession for stealing him away is providing them a Caddy DPi chassis for 2018? It has to hurt to lose a top prototype driver for VFR, they seem to be top of the 'second level' teams.
Old 27 Oct 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3776757)   #1274
Bcarr6
Veteran

IMSA: USCR 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wonder if the Caddy concession for stealing him away is providing them a Caddy DPi chassis for 2018? It has to hurt to lose a top prototype driver for VFR, they seem to be top of the 'second level' teams.

Is Goosens back for 2018??

I know this is a major wildcard but Button could replace him?

I know his manufacturer ties push him towards Nissan or Honda cars but perhaps he could be persuaded to run in a full season Visit Florida Cadillac DPi if the deal is right?

Depends if he wants to run a full season of IMSA or not I guess
Old 27 Oct 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3776760)   #1275
Bcarr6
Veteran

Also, Jordan Taylor, Renger and Hunter-Raey has to make for a strong Daytona win contender.

Although that seems to be possible for most lineups announced so far