Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Oct 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3583140)   #26
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RS Spyder, Saleen, Pescas, R8s, Panoz Esperante. Shame no return of MC12 but midd 00's list looks appropriate otherwise

Always amusing to have the LMPCs and DPs while they are still allowed in the premier 24...

I wish LM Classic (or even the LM support race in proper race morning) had this varied lists instead of the same old running with tight restrictions. One and only thing Daytona does better, classic runnings. And this is only second edition

Last edited by Deleted; 15 Oct 2015 at 20:59.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3583148)   #27
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
HSR has a substantial history at the speedway Chiana!
Old 15 Oct 2015, 21:10 (Ref:3583153)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes but the specific event

But I'm sure you're right
Old 15 Oct 2015, 23:36 (Ref:3583183)   #29
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list link for 2015 Classic 24 : http://classic24hour.com/news.html
Old 16 Oct 2015, 03:15 (Ref:3583241)   #30
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be a fun event for sure. The regular HSR events aren't like they were 10 or more years ago, where you'd see a Silk Cut Jag, Sauber C9 Merc, and an 80's Rondeau on track together. It's nice to have an event like this where some real classics come out of the woodwork. And sorry Canamman, I'm sure the new grandstands will be closed for this event, especially with the construction going on, but should be good times in the infield!
Old 16 Oct 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3583320)   #31
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPTxVlAhr78

Hilarious commentary.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3583346)   #32
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
And sorry Canamman, I'm sure the new grandstands will be closed for this event, especially with the construction going on, but should be good times in the infield!
Yep , I called Daytona and spectating will be infield only. Thought
it would be fun to watch the Trans Am race from high up so you
don't miss a thing. I am sure there will be action in that race.

Do you know if HSR sells tickets at the gate or is it by internet/mail
only? Daytona said they are not in charge of selling tickets for this event
which I found a little odd. Called HSR - " leave a message" recording is all
I got.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 13:31 (Ref:3583353)   #33
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

I enjoyed that, although as you say the commentary was pretty funny. "Firrrrrrrrrrrm brake!"

The gentleman does know what he's doing in that car though.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 15:25 (Ref:3583373)   #34
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Enjoyed that. I always thought the cockpit shape and visibility of the 962 was almost perfect while the shapes and visibility of the modern LMP1s leave a lot to be desired.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3583381)   #35
canamman
Veteran

United States
HSR will be selling the tickets at Gate 40 from their trailor.
That's is over near Nascar T1 and the Tunnel entrance.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 16:54 (Ref:3583392)   #36
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Porsche 9-6-2 twiiiin turrrrrrrbo...

That was fun to watch. Jim's enthusiasm for the car stood out, and it showed in how well he pedalled the car while commentating the lap.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 17:24 (Ref:3583398)   #37
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
HSR will be selling the tickets at Gate 40 from their trailor.
That's is over near Nascar T1 and the Tunnel entrance.
That's how they did it last year too and I suggest arriving early. There was only one window open as I recall and I stood in a long line for well over half an hour to get tickets, and then still had to walk back to the car and get in another line to get into the infield.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3583417)   #38
canamman
Veteran

United States
I will be there Thurs. or Friday if I make it.
Trying to figure out the difference between
an HSR car vs. a Classic 24 car. Can and
HSR run in the Classic and visa versa?
Old 16 Oct 2015, 20:36 (Ref:3583452)   #39
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
I enjoyed that, although as you say the commentary was pretty funny. "Firrrrrrrrrrrm brake!"
I'm going to be using that phrase when driving around town now, it was brilliant!
Old 20 Oct 2015, 15:35 (Ref:3584354)   #40
canamman
Veteran

United States
Heard through the grapevine that after this year,
this race will happen every other year alternating
with the Classic 24 in LeMans which will next be held
2016. Classic 24 Daytona will be back in 2017, and so on.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3584357)   #41
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Heard through the grapevine that after this year,
this race will happen every other year alternating
with the Classic 24 in LeMans which will next be held
2016. Classic 24 Daytona will be back in 2017, and so on.
That's interesting about alternating with the Le Mans Classic. When they first ran the Daytona race last year, they stated their intention was to run every two years, but then they decided to go ahead and have the race this year, I guess since things went well for them in 2014.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3584361)   #42
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
We will probably see some auto entry invites been thrown around then!
Old 23 Oct 2015, 22:34 (Ref:3585089)   #43
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I am not mistaken, IMSA got involved this year, which might be why it was run a second year in a row.

IMSA and its new friend FIA might see the Daytona Classic 24 growing into something as big as the Le Mans Classic, and maybe bringing some substance to Daytona, which (thanks to the series-which-shall-not-be-named) lost all its cachet as a serious sports car race.

Great for the fans.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3587889)   #44
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Really neat to be able to see Derek Bell wheeling the Lowenbrau 962 around the high banks 30 years later.
http://www.racer.com/more/historic/i...ytona-24-field
Old 3 Nov 2015, 21:23 (Ref:3587924)   #45
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Really neat to be able to see Derek Bell wheeling the Lowenbrau 962 around the high banks 30 years later.
That's great news. My first Daytona 24 was in 1990.
That saw Bell blow over the 962 out of Nascar 4.
Cant wait to see these legends - cars and drivers.
Old 4 Nov 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3587994)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have Lowenbrau artwork in two rooms of my house, great to see Mr Bell back behind the wheel!
Old 10 Nov 2015, 21:28 (Ref:3589577)   #47
canamman
Veteran

United States
Chamber of Commerce weather on the way for this event!
Lot a good gear and drivers showing up. Time to show off
and grab some bragging rights for the trophies. Be fun
to see a prototype battle break out.
Old 13 Nov 2015, 04:43 (Ref:3590080)   #48
canamman
Veteran

United States
A ton of Prototypes here. Does the heart good seeing them on the high banks.
Night practice was awesome. Lots of exhaust flames. Weather - perfect
Old 13 Nov 2015, 17:56 (Ref:3590197)   #49
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Getting really excited for this event after I saw some pictures from yesterday. Can't wait to get there tomorrow morning.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 01:32 (Ref:3590263)   #50
canamman
Veteran

United States
Best historic event I have ever seen . Lots of prototypes
that I have enjoyed the past 20 years. Strong GT fields as
well. Yes, the iconic 911 Lizard is here ! There is also a P1
Judd screaming around here as well. The Intl horse shoe
is still producing sliding cars on grass due to cold tires.
Biggest incident of the day was right after the kink
going into the western horse shoe. I looked up and
saw a large dark cloud of sand and dust with a Trans Am
car cartwheeling in the middle of it. Car landed upside down.
They got the driver out . He was awake and alert. Put him on a
board and off to the hospital they went. He was treated
and released rather quickly. It did bring out a 30 min.
red flag to fix the armco. All for now.