Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Sep 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3578103)   #26
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hedlund View Post
While the Michelin rain options are very good, you might be confusing those who started on rains VS those that started on slicks... at least as far as Watkins Glen was concerned. :-)

-mike
I was thinking during the 4th hour of the race when it was full rain before the red flag of the 5th hour. I was at that race in person. Falken had taken the class lead at that point and was passing LMPC cars if I remember and the WTR Corvette DP did indeed pass the Falken Porsche but was pulling away only by a small amount during the course of several laps. At Road Atlanta which only has one long straight away. The gap between the classes could be closer if it rains.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3578117)   #27
MaskedRacer
Veteran

The days of special guest entries are long over. Have not had any in particular since Rebellion during the ALMS series. In 2014 and this year. The Petit Le Mans and Watkins Glen too is just and extended regular race. The concept of the NAEC is pointless. No need for it anymore. The prototype and GTLM field in particular is identical to what it was back at Long Beach in April!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3578123)   #28
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The days of special guest entries are long over. Have not had any in particular since Rebellion during the ALMS series. In 2014 and this year. The Petit Le Mans and Watkins Glen too is just and extended regular race. The concept of the NAEC is pointless. No need for it anymore. The prototype and GTLM field in particular is identical to what it was back at Long Beach in April!
Next year with a direct LM24 invite coming from the NAEC, maybe we'd get lucky and see some off the wall entries.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3578129)   #29
BullMan
Veteran

I'm going to be there on a Thursday for the first time. I hope there's enough on-track action to make it worth it. Schedule looks pretty packed, though.

Forecast looks like rain every day from today until Sunday, though it just says AM rain for raceday. Can't be any worse than 2009!
Old 30 Sep 2015, 00:26 (Ref:3578165)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I'm going to be there on a Thursday for the first time. I hope there's enough on-track action to make it worth it. Schedule looks pretty packed, though.

Forecast looks like rain every day from today until Sunday, though it just says AM rain for raceday. Can't be any worse than 2009!
For me, nothing will be worse than 2009, for more reasons than the flooding.

The forecast has been all over the place. It will be interesting as if the forecast continues to change, teams may be willing to go out in the wet. Think it was last year or the year prior when it was wet early on and no chance of showers for the races and Qing. Therefore, nobody was willing to risk much of anything during the practice...rightfully so.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 02:16 (Ref:3578186)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
For me, nothing will be worse than 2009, for more reasons than the flooding.

The forecast has been all over the place. It will be interesting as if the forecast continues to change, teams may be willing to go out in the wet. Think it was last year or the year prior when it was wet early on and no chance of showers for the races and Qing. Therefore, nobody was willing to risk much of anything during the practice...rightfully so.
The Support series will be out there regardless, and a lot of time they are quite fun to watch in the rain!
Old 30 Sep 2015, 03:29 (Ref:3578196)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The Support series will be out there regardless, and a lot of time they are quite fun to watch in the rain!
Saw a video from a couple guys that are already inside and the Lambos on a wet track made a hella rooster tail of spray with that massive diffuser out back. The wheel of forecast has spun again to likely rain Friday so rain running will be likely for all groups i think.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3578255)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The low pressure off the east coast is going to keep it moist through Friday with the chances there albeit slight on Saturday.

Gates open and support series on course here in a bit.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3578279)   #34
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
The low pressure off the east coast is going to keep it moist through Friday with the chances there albeit slight on Saturday.

Gates open and support series on course here in a bit.
At least a 50% chance of rain every day now.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3578289)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
At least a 50% chance of rain every day now.
Think they've all said F it and are throwing 50/50 at it.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3578298)   #36
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Think they've all said F it and are throwing 50/50 at it.
If there is a time for it NOT to rain I hope it is qualifying. So we can see a accurate assessment of car's performance especially in comparison to previous year's quaifying times.

If there is a time for it to rain. I think it is the start of the race itself because that will mostly likely shake up the overall standings. Could be the one time we see an outside shot of a GTLM car leading overall.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 20:04 (Ref:3578426)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
If there is a time for it NOT to rain I hope it is qualifying. So we can see a accurate assessment of car's performance especially in comparison to previous year's quaifying times.

If there is a time for it to rain. I think it is the start of the race itself because that will mostly likely shake up the overall standings. Could be the one time we see an outside shot of a GTLM car leading overall.
I agree, minus a gtlm leading overall. It'll take some frantic pitting and other factors to make that happen.

Today has turned into a really nice day. May be the only one all week, but we'll see. Fingers crossed we'll get some good dry runs!
Old 1 Oct 2015, 01:20 (Ref:3578500)   #38
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wishing for GT overall wins requires attrition that is not present anymore. I'm sure that any freak weather can be used to justify an intervention for the IMSA P cars to remain in control.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 02:22 (Ref:3578505)   #39
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Wishing for GT overall wins requires attrition that is not present anymore. I'm sure that any freak weather can be used to justify an intervention for the IMSA P cars to remain in control.
Yeah the improvement of the reliability of the cars from 2000 to 2015 is huge. You got to hand it to the Corvette DP's in particular. Those are some of the most bullet proof reliable sportscars for endurances races I have EVER seen.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3578576)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is overcast and cool here this morning. The mx5 cup cars just took to the track, going to be a full day of on track action rain or shine. Just had a spinner at T4, cold tires.....
Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:21 (Ref:3578616)   #41
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is overcast and cool here this morning. The mx5 cup cars just took to the track, going to be a full day of on track action rain or shine. Just had a spinner at T4, cold tires.....
Less than 10 minutes into the first practice session and I wonder if the #38 Oreca FLM is done for the weekend.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3578619)   #42
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Less than 10 minutes into the first practice session and I wonder if the #38 Oreca FLM is done for the weekend.
Looks bad but if the tub has survived without damage then it looks repairable.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:40 (Ref:3578624)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I was in the right place and got a picture of the impact. Debris went 40ft in the air and easy back in the woods over the fence. They added extra tires there, after the crash.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3578647)   #44
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It has been confirmed that the #38 is done for the weekend.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/da...-road-atlanta/
Old 1 Oct 2015, 20:57 (Ref:3578706)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Lots of rain in the afternoon session caused some to shy away from the track.

Conti series changed into a test session in what was a drying track. Rain coming down hard now again...
Old 1 Oct 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3578726)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Lots more rain for night practice here tonight. Hooray.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 00:24 (Ref:3578740)   #47
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#60 Michael Shank car had an accident during night practice. From the pictures there is alot of damage.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3578743)   #48
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great. If they pull out there's no chance of even accidental LMP2 win if all the dinosaurs were somehow to succumb.

I'm still intrigued to see the race, but that has to do with my love to Road Atlanta + the old PLM nostalgia + fact I haven't watched a motor race since LM, as the series package itself is unappealing to put it mildly and recent years sad teardown of many PLM traditions and such is dragging it down as whole

Weather looks to be fun though! Well at least for us not at the circuit doing reverse 2009 raindances
Old 2 Oct 2015, 01:23 (Ref:3578747)   #49
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Great. If they pull out there's no chance of even accidental LMP2 win if all the dinosaurs were somehow to succumb.

I'm still intrigued to see the race, but that has to do with my love to Road Atlanta + the old PLM nostalgia + fact I haven't watched a motor race since LM, as the series package itself is unappealing to put it mildly and recent years sad teardown of many PLM traditions and such is dragging it down as whole

Weather looks to be fun though! Well at least for us not at the circuit doing reverse 2009 raindances
Who was driving? Would be shocked if it was Negri. Lets hope it is not write off and they can get it to the Daytona November test. Maybe that is the goal rather than the PLM at this point.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 02:24 (Ref:3578754)   #50
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man I didn't even realize the race was this weekend