Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Dec 2012, 03:27 (Ref:3175613)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg vs Hamilton

Nico has experience with the car, the team and the environment. Nico showed Michael the door. Will Lewis gain an immediate advantage by being the perceived number one? It should be interesting.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 06:57 (Ref:3175632)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Lewis to win hands down........................

..............but that's what i thought would happen against Jenson and it didn't.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3175677)   #3
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They were GP2 champions in 05 & 06 so which will be the best?

We dont know yet but should be interesting watching them find out.
Both have also been up against world champion team mates coming out with their heads held high.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3175694)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Nico showed Michael the door.

That's a .... er .... interesting take on it.

I think Hamilton will more or less match Rosberg in season one and beat him in season two.

Unless next year's car miraculously suits Rosberg much more than last year's.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3175707)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know who's going to win on track, but i'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the tantrums
Old 6 Dec 2012, 12:20 (Ref:3175728)   #6
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would fully expect Lewis to have the advantage straight out of the box. Michael was outpacing Nico a fair bit this year, in his mid-40s, I suspect Lewis to be a fair few tenths quicker than the ageing Michael.

I expect Lewis to dominate him, and receive more plaudits for his Mercedes showings than he ever did at McLaren. I reckon we'll look back in years to come at this move by Lewis and see it as extremely shrewd for his reputation, even if not for his number of trophies...
Old 6 Dec 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3175731)   #7
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I would fully expect Lewis to have the advantage straight out of the box. Michael was outpacing Nico a fair bit this year, in his mid-40s, I suspect Lewis to be a fair few tenths quicker than the ageing Michael.

I expect Lewis to dominate him, and receive more plaudits for his Mercedes showings than he ever did at McLaren. I reckon we'll look back in years to come at this move by Lewis and see it as extremely shrewd for his reputation, even if not for his number of trophies...
+1
I've never been convinced by Rosberg, and I'm expecting 2013 to back me up on that.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3175737)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I think Lewis will comfortably beat Nico but I'm not sure about the "receive more plaudits" part - he's generally viewed as one of the quickest drivers out there - I'm not sure how that equates to not receiving plaudits at McLaren? The move to Mercedes will either prove to be a masterstroke or a huge mistake - I don't think there will be any middle ground.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3175761)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying and racing seem to be two different entities with Lewis. He qualifies well no doubt about that, but he seems to get tangled up with incidents due to his aggression. Rosberg hasn't had that many racing incidents that I can think of.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3175771)   #10
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thinking it will be comprehensive and leave no doubt. Rosberg will start to look like Ralf did after 2005.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3175775)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Not sure. Should be interesting. But if the car is good, Rosberg is good.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3175777)   #12
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think its a question of who's better but whether thy can work together and pull in the same direction in order to get the best of of the car.

With Schumacher there, I got the impression that they didn't develop the car together, rather Schumacher wanted one thing and Nico another.

If they get to a point where both are happy with the car, then I think both will be competitive, possibly even race winners, but the question is how long to get to that stage?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3175796)   #13
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I think Lewis will comfortably beat Nico but I'm not sure about the "receive more plaudits" part - he's generally viewed as one of the quickest drivers out there - I'm not sure how that equates to not receiving plaudits at McLaren? The move to Mercedes will either prove to be a masterstroke or a huge mistake - I don't think there will be any middle ground.
I can foresee the press stating he's a more 'complete' driver, and we'll regularly see a lone Merc up jostling above its station in 4th/5th, picking off a McLaren, Red Bull, Massa etc - that's how I see it panning out, with Rosberg behind that train of cars.

It'd be more interesting seeing Nico up against Jenson - both smart, stable guys, without that ultimate X Factor in the dry.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3175824)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will it be a replay of past few years at McLaren?

Hamilton appearing to be much faster at times with some brilliant drives, but also hobbled with a series of "bad luck" moments (you make your own luck right!?) and ultimately an inability to show he is statistically better than his teammate?

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I wouldn't put money down on what happens.

Richard
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3175828)   #15
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't know who's going to win on track, but i'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the tantrums
Yea me too!

While I'm not sure if Lewis will dominate on the track, he will certainly dominate on the 2013 Tenths DOTR polls. (Selected hypothetical quotes):
  • "I voted for Lewis for coming from 13th to 10th in a clearly inferior car, Perez winning from his first ever pole and having fastest lap in the clearly superior McLaren really doesn't warrant DOTR to me"
  • "It's Lewis for me in that dog of a car, coming from 17th to 13th. Vettel winning from the pit lane with three flat tires in the fastest car doesn't impress me"
  • "Hammy for his 11 laps before retirement whilst running P13" While Alonso made a great start from 5th, made his super soft Pirelli's last 10 laps longer than anyone and won the race despite losing his front wing during the collision with Hamilton; (Hamilton's fault) the safety car had a lot to do with it"

Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3175834)   #16
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
There's only one way to find out !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3175836)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Yea me too!

While I'm not sure if Lewis will dominate on the track, he will certainly dominate on the 2013 Tenths DOTR polls. (Selected hypothetical quotes):
  • "I voted for Lewis for coming from 13th to 10th in a clearly inferior car, Perez winning from his first ever pole and having fastest lap in the clearly superior McLaren really doesn't warrant DOTR to me"
  • "It's Lewis for me in that dog of a car, coming from 17th to 13th. Vettel winning from the pit lane with three flat tires in the fastest car doesn't impress me"
  • "Hammy for his 11 laps before retirement whilst running P13" While Alonso made a great start from 5th, made his super soft Pirelli's last 10 laps longer than anyone and won the race despite losing his front wing during the collision with Hamilton; (Hamilton's fault) the safety car had a lot to do with it"

Classic
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3175837)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yea me too!

Many a true word is spoken in jest....... I've stored all of those away ready to use next season.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3175840)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
There's only one way to find out !

Is that the new Mercedes team uniform? Wings on the shirts as well as on the cars?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 17:20 (Ref:3175851)   #20
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I don't think its a question of who's better but whether thy can work together and pull in the same direction in order to get the best of of the car.
What you mean F1 drivers work as teammates? That's unpossible!
Old 6 Dec 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3175881)   #21
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least the wings on that shirt do something (even if it is to make Harry Hill look more pratty).

LH can get himself into a huff with a good car, I have to imagine we'll get a good few races of just turning laps from him in a car at the head of the middle of the pack, unless Merc has spotted a rules loophole, a la Brawn '09.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 20:27 (Ref:3175910)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Classic
And also complete rubbish. The driver voting on here is generally very fair. People who lose sleep over a subjective driver vote are either very sad individuals or severely unstable and on the verge of gunning down a school classroom.

Has Hamilton even won that many DOTR votes?

On the subject of next year I don't expect Rosberg to be too much of a problem for Hamilton. He isn't anywhere near as good as Button. He will have his days mind you and should start stronger initially.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 20:40 (Ref:3175919)   #23
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Yea me too!

Genius ... you know these people well
Old 6 Dec 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3175928)   #24
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Button was going to be easy too, was'nt he? Unfortunately for Lewis they don't give points for being "fast" and Rosberg (like Button) is very underrated by the Hamateur fanboyz (and, of course, he comes from that place where all F1 drivers are to be despised). After getting laughed at by RBR when he suggested he should be with them, Hamilton has taken a major punt on Mercedes and I suspect that they will produce a good car (like when they abandoned upgrades on the Honda and came up with the Brawn). However, in typical arrogant fashion, he has dismissed Rosberg as a competitor. He's going to look pretty stupid when Nico rolls him. However, he will be "unlucky" of course and passing a HRT and a couple of Caterhams will reassure his fans of his greatness
Old 6 Dec 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3175934)   #25
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yea me too!

I am looking forward to this, if Hamilton doesn't beat Rosberg by miles it will be 'Vettel is favoured over Webber' all over again.