Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 29 Mar 2011, 12:02 (Ref:2855343)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2011 Fantasy F1 Results - Australia

The Non qualifying of Hispania and the Disqualification of Sauber have resulted in a slight revision in the points structure.

In the rules non qualifying drivers were to be given -20 points. This has been revised to a starting figure of -10 points with the constructor also receiving a score of -10 point (per car).
In addition ti's been decided that a Non-qualifying driver receives the maximum penalty in the positions gained/Lost score. THe reason for this is that if a pole winning driver crashes out at turn one from a full 24 car grid, his penalty would be -48 points.
It would be unfair to have someone who qualified score less points overall than someone who didn't qualify at all.

I hope that this makes sense and is accepted.

In the official race results of Formula1.com the DQ'd Saubers were placed ahead of the retired/crashed drivers into 16 and 17th place respectively.

jab and I agree that a DQ means put to the back and as such for this race and the remainder of the season a DQ means placed last of those who started. If more than one is DQ'd they will be placed based on their position within the race. In this case Perez was ahead of Kobayashi so Perez is placed 21st with Kobayashi placed 22nd.

Having Clarified all that well done to "The Benders" who top scored with 64 points with "Geordie Gene" and "Polar Bear Racing" equal second.
The full results are as shown Below.
Attached Thumbnails
Aussie Race points.jpg   Aussie Results.jpg  
Old 29 Mar 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2855419)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks Williams and thanks Sauber for my ranking.
Old 29 Mar 2011, 16:26 (Ref:2855482)   #3
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks again SBF. Season couldn't have started worse for me...
Old 9 Apr 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2860714)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think there's been a mistake. On the results list my team Goblin Target Racing has Alonso D1, Karthikeyan D2, Williams as Constructor and Ferrari as Engine. However on the Fantasy F1 2011 - Entry Thread, I opted for Alonso D1, Kobayashi D2, Williams as Constructor and Ferrari as Engine. Please look at post #39. I have also calulated I should have -13 points not -45.

Thanks.
Old 9 Apr 2011, 12:35 (Ref:2860854)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you for posting up the table, ScotsBruteFan. Oh dear, I haven't made a good start. At least HRT have qualified for Sepang, but I get a feeling I'm not going to get a good points haul from Sepang.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2861559)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think there's been a mistake. On the results list my team Goblin Target Racing has Alonso D1, Karthikeyan D2, Williams as Constructor and Ferrari as Engine. However on the Fantasy F1 2011 - Entry Thread, I opted for Alonso D1, Kobayashi D2, Williams as Constructor and Ferrari as Engine. Please look at post #39. I have also calulated I should have -13 points not -45.

Thanks.
Apologies, I misread your second selection. The Australian result has been updated accordingly, I can confirm that you did indeed get -13 points. The running totals for the 2 races so far will reflect this.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2861585)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Apologies, I misread your second selection. The Australian result has been updated accordingly, I can confirm that you did indeed get -13 points. The running totals for the 2 races so far will reflect this.
Thanks very much.
Old 10 Apr 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2861589)   #8
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot SBF and Jab for the work - looking much better than last year's team I entered
Old 12 Apr 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2862638)   #9
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No need to thank me. It's SBF that's done most of the work on this for this year. He should take the credit
Old 12 Apr 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2862650)   #10
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers SBF (and JAB) i see im making my customary apaulling start to the year, god bless williams and their 100% failure rate!
Old 12 Apr 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2862662)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
cheers SBF (and JAB) i see im making my customary apaulling start to the year, god bless williams and their 100% failure rate!
Lol, you're not the only one.
Old 13 Apr 2011, 16:04 (Ref:2862934)   #12
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
In the official race results of Formula1.com the DQ'd Saubers were placed ahead of the retired/crashed drivers into 16 and 17th place respectively.

jab and I agree that a DQ means put to the back and as such for this race and the remainder of the season a DQ means placed last of those who started. If more than one is DQ'd they will be placed based on their position within the race. In this case Perez was ahead of Kobayashi so Perez is placed 21st with Kobayashi placed 22nd.
Question: is it fair, in a fantasy race/championship, to penalise drivers points so heavily for infractions by constructors leading to disqualification, particularly if they are 'minor' or 'technical' as in the case of Sauber? The engine manufacturer is not penalised in the same way, I note.... What would happen if the DQ was due to an engine or KERS rule infringement?

Last edited by phoenix; 13 Apr 2011 at 16:14.