Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you award it to?
Max Verstappen 10 37.04%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 2 7.41%
George Russell 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Lance Stroll 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Charles Leclerc 0 0%
Lando Norris 2 7.41%
Oscar Piastri 1 3.70%
Esteban Ocon 1 3.70%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Nico Hülkenberg 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Alexander Albon 2 7.41%
Logan Sargeant 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Zhou Guanyu 0 0%
Yuki Tsunoda 9 33.33%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Jul 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4170565)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Grand Prix: Belgian Grand Prix 2023

Who do you award it to?
Old 30 Jul 2023, 14:36 (Ref:4170612)   #2
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can easily say Max as he did a fantastic job. But I am giving it to Yuki. He was driving very good today and great results for the AT team.

Richard
Old 30 Jul 2023, 15:05 (Ref:4170626)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max. So confident in that car.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 15:15 (Ref:4170629)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yuki Tsunoda for me. Was running 6th on pace at one stage and got a non deserving car into a points finish.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 15:16 (Ref:4170630)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Norris, salvaged what was a terrible start to the race, to finish a respectable 7th.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4170638)   #6
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
i wanted to give it to ocon for some great passes
but any driver that can come from 6th to win by as much or as little as he wants and made zero mistakes has to get the points
Old 30 Jul 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4170673)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
max untouchable today but good drive from lando
Old 30 Jul 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4170678)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A real struggle to find someone to pick. Norris did well to salvage some credibility after the euphoria of the last two GPs; Albon looked great - at times; Max just did what Max does. I'll give it to Tsunoda who had a spirited drive putting his team mate in the shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
i wanted to give it to ocon for some great passes
but any driver that can come from 6th to win by as much or as little as he wants and made zero mistakes has to get the points
Er, not quite...... But it didn't trouble him much.
Old 30 Jul 2023, 20:01 (Ref:4170686)   #9
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm actually wondering how well DR fares, considering he is not exactly blowing young Yuki out of the water, is he?
Old 31 Jul 2023, 03:15 (Ref:4170727)   #10
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I agree with Richard
Yuki is my driver of the day.
He made the most of what he had.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 04:02 (Ref:4170729)   #11
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I’ve resisted giving it to Max all year because it has all seemed so easy for him.Today I realised his only competition is himself.
Only question now is how long he can keep himself motivated with this level of dominance.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 06:16 (Ref:4170734)   #12
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
22 seconds on your teammate in 27 laps, only Max!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 06:37 (Ref:4170737)   #13
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post

I agree with Richard
Yuki is my driver of the day.
He made the most of what he had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post

I'm actually wondering how well DR fares, considering he is not exactly blowing young Yuki out of the water, is he?
What are you guys talking about?
Are you sure you were watching the F1 this last 2 weeks?
DR is kicking Yuki down the street!

Lets look at FACTS Results and lap times.

In His 1st weekend out in Hungary he out qualified and finished ahead of yuki. Game Mr Ricciardo

This weekend he was faster than Yuki in Friday qual but lost it for going over the line. (fair enough) sadly there wasnt time for him to go again, (Team tactical error) so his qually time was his early "banker lap." Yuki set his time later when the track was faster.

On saturday he out qualified Yuki by nearly 3 seconds (track conditions were changing, but he got int0 q2, yuki didnt.)
In the sprint he gained a place going from 11th to 10th, (getting a point) yuki went the other way from 16th to 18th..

Come sunday with yuki being higher up the grid so in front at pit stop time, he got the best strategy, Danny was stuck behind Hulk in a suprisingly fast HAAS .

That Haas actually had purple laps for most of the middle laps of the race yet Dan passed him multple times and finished ahead of him. In a total dog of a car. Again gaining places despite being boxed in and having the "worse" pit strategy

Yuki picked up 1 place. (and 2 cars that started in front of him DNF so he should have made 2) He just toured around doing not much of anything.

Danny was faster than yuki

Fastest lap times

15th Daniel Ricciardo 1:50.994
17th Yuki Tsunoda 15:53:54

4th fastest! Nico Hulkenberg 1:49.907

So despite Yuki being in his 3rd year with AT and danny in his 2nd week, and the car being a dump truck, its clear Danny is absolutely schooling Yuki

The only thing Dan has done wrong is going wide on his flying lap in q1 friday which ruined his sunday.

I think My Man Dan can hold his head high.

Explain to me how "he is not exactly blowing young Yuki out of the water?? What does he have to do to impress you, blow Max in RBR into the weeds on a ride on lawn mower?

Last edited by bathurst77; 31 Jul 2023 at 06:52.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 06:40 (Ref:4170738)   #14
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
I dunno how that pink drink got there either!
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4170748)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I dunno how that pink drink got there either!
I think you had several before you posted.....
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4170750)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sky doesn't post anything but the fastest lap, so it's hard to compare lap times. But, sure if that's the fact he might be doing better than it looks like.
Old 31 Jul 2023, 08:28 (Ref:4170753)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Albon. Not for his end result, but for at least livening things up a bit.
Old 1 Aug 2023, 01:08 (Ref:4170858)   #18
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think you had several before you posted.....
shhhhh....
You're blowing my cred!!
(yeh as if i had any!)
Old 1 Aug 2023, 05:00 (Ref:4170876)   #19
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

In His 1st weekend out in Hungary he out qualified and finished ahead of yuki. Game Mr Ricciardo

This weekend he was faster than Yuki in Friday qual but lost it for going over the line. (fair enough) sadly there wasnt time for him to go again, (Team tactical error) so his qually time was his early "banker lap." Yuki set his time later when the track was faster.

On saturday he out qualified Yuki by nearly 3 seconds (track conditions were changing, but he got int0 q2, yuki didnt.)
In the sprint he gained a place going from 11th to 10th, (getting a point) yuki went the other way from 16th to 18th..

Come sunday with yuki being higher up the grid so in front at pit stop time, he got the best strategy, Danny was stuck behind Hulk in a suprisingly fast HAAS .

That Haas actually had purple laps for most of the middle laps of the race yet Dan passed him multple times and finished ahead of him. In a total dog of a car. Again gaining places despite being boxed in and having the "worse" pit strategy

Yuki picked up 1 place. (and 2 cars that started in front of him DNF so he should have made 2) He just toured around doing not much of anything.

Fastest lap times

So despite Yuki being in his 3rd year with AT and danny in his 2nd week, and the car being a dump truck, its clear Danny is absolutely schooling Yuki

The only thing Dan has done wrong is going wide on his flying lap in q1 friday which ruined his sunday.

Explain to me how "he is not exactly blowing young Yuki out of the water?? What does he have to do to impress you, blow Max in RBR into the weeds on a ride on lawn mower?
haha this is the most Australian post ever
Old 1 Aug 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4170897)   #20
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
haha this is the most Australian post ever
Yep
Fair dinkum, and no (red) bullsh!tt
Old 1 Aug 2023, 08:42 (Ref:4170901)   #21
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
correction
10th n saturday is nil punkt
Old 1 Aug 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4170904)   #22
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Fastest lap times

Or:
In his 1st weekend out in Hungary, he out qualified Yuki by a tiny margin despite his significantly higher level of experience. Then in the race he failed to make up any positions, whilst Yuki moved up the field a few places. Yuki also set a fastest lap of 1:23.269, and DR only managed 1:23.934.

This weekend DR messed up his qualifying lap, and Yuki put in a more composed and tactically sound performance that meant Yuki started ahead on the grid.

Then, come Sunday – Yuki started 11th on medium tyres, he made it up to eighth on the opening lap and climbed another place with a lap three pass on Lance Stroll. Before his pit stop he ran seventh, and dropped back to 11th once he returned to track. His second stint was spent primarily in ninth place, and got as high as sixth before he pitted again.
DR made an early pit stop on lap five after failing to make any on-track overtakes despite starting on soft tyres. AlphaTauri pitted DR again from 12th on lap 22, which allowed him to briefly run free of traffic (in which he set his fastest lap), and he gained two positions in his final stint.

The narrative can be written in many ways......
Old 1 Aug 2023, 09:56 (Ref:4170906)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Gave the vote to Max - we all expected him to win but the way he just destroyed Perez was something to behold, he was pulling out about a second a lap after passing him and you got the feeling there was plenty more in the tank if he needed it.

Honourable mentions to Norris, Tsunoda and Albon (who must have had so much fun out there in the Williams even if the end result wasn't brilliant).
Old 4 Aug 2023, 18:20 (Ref:4171373)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Gave the vote to Max - we all expected him to win but the way he just destroyed Perez was something to behold, he was pulling out about a second a lap after passing him and you got the feeling there was plenty more in the tank if he needed it.

Honourable mentions to Norris, Tsunoda and Albon (who must have had so much fun out there in the Williams even if the end result wasn't brilliant).
Agree about Max. It wasn't just a win. It was the manner of it. And the radio messages.