Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Dec 2003, 14:50 (Ref:804808)   #1
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

RyanSharpFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FRenault v6 Next Season

Who do you think is going to have a good chance of the title next season?
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:17 (Ref:804837)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either Ryan Sharp or...Ryan Sharp?
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:19 (Ref:804840)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
whichever person is daft enough to take the bait from renault i'd say.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:22 (Ref:804845)   #4
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

wel.....i would think ryan would hav some competition at least, just from what ive seen not much so far
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:35 (Ref:804868)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well it's like f3000, fun to test but not exactly something you'd consider as a career move...
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:40 (Ref:804876)   #6
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ryan with Jenzer will win a few races and would stand a decent shot at the title.

Bella: what bait?
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:42 (Ref:804879)   #7
Russfeld
Veteran

Excellent analogy bella, F3000 cars look ridiculously fun to do some laps in, but id pass on a race drive at this point.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:42 (Ref:804880)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the bait that is the cars. you know, lots of toys just like a f1 car.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 15:46 (Ref:804886)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and with the v6 thing, renault only gave out the test drives to the top 3 in the british championship to promote it to the community and to try and make it something worth looking at. i'd say what would have been more useful for the drivers and the championship would have been to say that they'd put a couple of grand towards their season if they chose to do renault v6 as well as that test. then you get the taste and an incentive to do it for the year.

i mean, a renault driver development driver won it this year. hardly showing it's competitive is it?
Old 5 Dec 2003, 16:45 (Ref:804951)   #10
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

well....he didnt win it by a country mile so there is competition and neel jani was leading most of the way so....
Old 5 Dec 2003, 16:48 (Ref:804957)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i still don't think it's worth doing yet. play with them by all means but investing money that could be put to better use elsewhere? bit daft if you ask me.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:00 (Ref:804965)   #12
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

well....i suppose well see at the end of next season? i personally think its quite good with the new brakes etc, and once again LIVE coverage on EuroSport!

P.S. Im supporting Ryan if you hadnt already noticed
Old 5 Dec 2003, 17:02 (Ref:804969)   #13
Russfeld
Veteran

We hadnt.

Bella im thinking maybe we should hold our tongues on Renault in the future. Chocolate cake is at stake.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 20:01 (Ref:805103)   #14
skypop
Rookie

skypop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Lloyd and James Rossiter, respectively second and third overall in the 2003 Formula Renault UK Championship, took part in an exclusive Formula Renault V6 test session this week, running alongside the cream of Formula Renault talent from across Europe, with both emerging at the head of the timesheets.

Lloyd and Rossiter have graduated to testing Formula Three and F3000 cars since the end of the Formula Renault UK season, but jumped at the chance when invited to Paul Ricard to sample the technologically-advanced 3.5-litre Formula Renault V6. Rossiter had already driven the car with the crack DAMS team but, for Lloyd, it would be a first taste of V6 power.

This time around, Lloyd spent his time with the Jenzer Motorsport team that fielded 2003 German Formula Renault champion Ryan Sharp, while Rossiter re-joined the French DAMS outfit. Unfortunately for the drivers, however, atrocious weather conditions hampered much of the morning session, meaning that they would get no dry track running in the car.

Scottish ace Sharp, who competed in Formula Renault UK during 2002, was also present at the test, alongside 2002 Formula Renault UK Winter Series champion Robert Bell, Dutch Formula Renault driver Paul Meijer, French stars Simon Pagenaud and Simon Abadie, and Argentinian Esteban Guerrieri. In addition, UK Formula Ford frontrunner Alx Danielsson also tested.

Although run as an untimed session, the class of the Formula Renault UK drivers showed as they rapidly made their way to the head of the unofficial morning timesheets in the wet. Rossiter, on his second outing in the V6, initially lapped half a second faster than Lloyd, and would later go quicker by another couple of tenths as conditions improved.

"The technology of this formula, especially the F1-style paddle gear shift and hand clutch, is what I really like, and just having the two foot pedals is good as well," Rossiter said, commenting on the V6, which made its race debut during 2003 as part of the LG Super Racing Weekend package, "It really gives you a feeling of the technology used in Formula One and is pretty marvellous really.

"The engine has strong bottom end acceleration and the car has great punch out of the corners. I think this category is in a very strong position and more than a match for any other formula at this level."

Lloyd was also impressed with the car and said that, with a few changes, it could certainly be the ultimate proving ground for drivers heading to Formula One.

"I like the Formula Renault V6 a lot and, now that I've driven the car, it's certainly an option for next season," he admitted, "The car handled quite nicely, even in the wet conditions, and the bottom-end power is very good.

"The first three gears really allow you to accelerate, but then the power delivery seems to plateau. However, I think Formula Renault V6 could be a very important category for drivers looking to move to Formula One as the technology in the car excellent."
Old 5 Dec 2003, 20:11 (Ref:805111)   #15
Russfeld
Veteran

I love that they spelled it 'plateaux' on the UK news site
Old 6 Dec 2003, 11:06 (Ref:805444)   #16
Jonny Apex
Veteran

Jonny Apex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it is worth giving it another year at least. Not many championships enjoy a mega first year in terms of numbers or drivers (on saying that, look at two-litre FRenault UK when launched in 2000 - 36 cars sold within a week - and Clio Cup which enjoyed similar numbers).

Rossiter also ran on Thursday at Ricard and was fastest again.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 12:33 (Ref:805474)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's worth doing yeah, i just don't think it's worth doing if you're actually trying to get anyone to take any notice of you.

i don't think there's the money flying around to go for something at the level that it's at.

from a personal point of view i don't see much point in making a car look like a f1 car because it isn't. it may be the way to make it fastest but why make it so dependent on aerodynamic downforce? that's where you lose all the exciting and interesting racing (from a spectator and drivers point of view). nothing exciting about following someone waiting for them to make a mistake.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 15:18 (Ref:805560)   #18
Fred
Racer

Fred should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's where you lose all the exciting and interesting racing (from a spectator and drivers point of view). nothing exciting about following someone waiting for them to make a mistake. [/B][/QUOTE]

Perfect training for F1 then ?
Old 6 Dec 2003, 17:22 (Ref:805624)   #19
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Either Ryan Sharp or...Ryan Sharp?
LOL you must be joking.What makes you think that he will beat Guerrieri (or Pagenaud or Schlünssen for that matter) who outpaced him quite badly in 2000cc and since the off-season tests started has always been like 0.5+sec ahead of Sharp.Also the debut race of Sharp in V6 wasn't exactly like 'wow, the new champion's arrived'

But then again I don't even consider Guerrieri the main title contender, IMHO it is Belicchi recently.He is simply fascinating to watch, his style is similar to Pantano's in term of being aggressive, and of course very fast too, awesome!! Too bad that he is a bit too old for F1.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 18:56 (Ref:805671)   #20
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

A - he beat all theese people at donnington, beleive me, i wa there
B - He won his national championship (German Frenault) Gurreri didnt
C - His v6 Debut was with a team that he is NOT EVEN RACING FOR next season so to draw any conclusion from that would be foolish
Old 6 Dec 2003, 19:01 (Ref:805673)   #21
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is a very good driver. He is real fighter, he has battled through luchemia, money problems and BS. His only problem is that he is quite weak and very short. He is only 42kg. I think he will do very well.
Old 6 Dec 2003, 19:15 (Ref:805679)   #22
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

I can tell you now HE AINT WEAK!
and his weight (or lack of it) is quite useful the higher upthe ladder he goes because less g-force will be exerted on his frame
Old 6 Dec 2003, 19:52 (Ref:805688)   #23
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He is compared to me
Old 6 Dec 2003, 20:47 (Ref:805708)   #24
RyanSharpFan
Rookie

are you a racing driver Mackmot?
Old 6 Dec 2003, 20:53 (Ref:805710)   #25
Russfeld
Veteran

The G forces are the same. 2gs is 2gs. Yeah the net weight increase for a lighter driver is less, but he's also got less muscle mass to combat it. The weight advantage is more in the practical terms of the driver/car weigh-in