Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Oct 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1425332)   #1
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top Gear-North America Canceled

I'm not sure how many people watch Top Gear in the U.S. or not. But it looks like the Discovery Channel may have removed it from their line up. It appears after last nights airing was the last one listed in their schedule at least for now. This is really disappointing because it was the only show I watch religiously each week. The worst part is I had 7 episodes or so on tape and my tape got ate earlier this week. This really stinks.

J.D.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1425398)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They might just have run out of episodes. Top Gear doesn't run all year long in the UK and as a large amount of their 'articles' would not be of interest to a US audience (eg. more run of the mill saloon cars) then they can only have a few episodes at a time.

Hopefully they'll have some more episodes once Top Gear UK restarts later in the year.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1425499)   #3
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that would be great. I know they piece the U.S. episodes together from the BBC broadcasts. Hopefully they will make some new episodes in the spring or summer next year. I emailed the Discovery Channel to see what was going on, hopefully I'll hear back soon. I guess I'll have to wait and read the magazine or something.

J.D.
Old 3 Nov 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1451351)   #4
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might be wrong but, I think they start filming the new series on November 9th here in the UK. First show of the new series will air in the UK on Sunday 13th November.