Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Nico Rosberg 6 9.84%
Lewis Hamilton 13 21.31%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 1 1.64%
Fernando Alonso 6 9.84%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 1.64%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Sergio Perez 7 11.48%
Felipe Massa 1 1.64%
Valtteri Bottas 25 40.98%
Jenson Button 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 1 1.64%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3424991)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Austrian Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:24 (Ref:3424994)   #2
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valterri Bottas , great drive and a Williams on the podium , also respect to Nico , Lewis and Sergio .
Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3424998)   #3
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas
Old 22 Jun 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3425032)   #4
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The three best performances came from Hamilton (brilliant start) Perez (gutsy drive from 17th to run 1st at one point, finished 6th, and fastest lap), and probably Bottas. I gave my vote to Perez.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 19:08 (Ref:3425048)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nico's is just a bit too obvious for me, Bottas got his first podium but I gave it to Perez, an impressive drive from 17th to eventually 6th.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3425050)   #6
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Perez. Great drive.

Runner up is Alonso. Beating one of the best drivers in F1 by 30 seconds must be impressive, right?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3425064)   #7
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted Hamilton - 9th to 2nd was pretty good even if most of it was during the first lap. Agree Bottas and Perez had impressive days (and well done Bottas for his first podium).

Anti-driver of the day - Massa. Pole position... beaten by his team-mate.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3425068)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'll give it to Nico, because he didn't seem to put a foot wrong.......though very closse between him and Lewis who performed a brilliant recovery from a poor starting position.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3425069)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Because the polls says "Driver of the race" I voted Hamilton. A stunning start and an excellent damage limitation performance.

If it was "Driver of the weekend" it definitely wouldn't be Hamilton, because it was his own stupid fault he started in 9th.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3425077)   #10
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Anti-driver of the day - Massa. Pole position... beaten by his team-mate.
Really? Massa was bit unlucky with stops and traffic.

Hulkenburg went from 10th to 9th, which isn't bad until you realize his teammate went 16th to 6th. Raikkonen finished 30 seconds behind his teammate. Chilton finished 35 seconds behind his and Grosjean was a full minute behind Maldonado.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3425085)   #11
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rosberg. In the later stages of the race he held off Hamilton and maintained a safe gap while conserving his car.

Hamilton was also worthy, mainly for the first couple of laps.

Bottas did a tidy job too. If he'd worn the lederhausen, then he would have probably got the vote.

Perez did another of his tyre preservation specials, even though he ended up two-stopping like everyone else. Much better result (based on grid position) than his highly respected team-mate.

Alonso continued to make Kimi look second-rate.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:43 (Ref:3425139)   #12
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Rosberg I guess.

Honourable mentions to Massa and Bottas for quali and the start followed by dodgy strategy.
Lewis great start and first lap! But weekend ruined by him as Garcon said above.
Pretty ordinary weekend from a driver point of view, probably Lewis' first lap was the highpoint!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:00 (Ref:3425165)   #13
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bottas, but kudos to Perez for keeping me awake.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 04:47 (Ref:3425194)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fernando Alonso for me. Beat his World Champion team-mate by 5 places and was hanging onto the coat-tails of some stronger cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Because the polls says "Driver of the race" I voted Hamilton. A stunning start and an excellent damage limitation performance.

If it was "Driver of the weekend" it definitely wouldn't be Hamilton, because it was his own stupid fault he started in 9th.
I've sometimes wondered if we ought to do it as driver of the Grand Prix weekend rather than of only the race.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 05:47 (Ref:3425206)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If Veeyat had finished. ....
Toss up between Checo and Fernando for moi.
Bottas fimally netting what he's promised for ages.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 06:04 (Ref:3425209)   #16
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton's first lap almost got it, but does have the best equipment to do that, so went with Bottas for the fight he gave in the middle and a genuine "race winning performane"*

*except Merc
Old 23 Jun 2014, 07:46 (Ref:3425236)   #17
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas - a great drive for a (hopefully) resurgent team. As for Vettel? Now he is having to deal with the usual (for most) problems of a not so spectacular car - and a team trying to make it right each race.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3425278)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would have gone Hamilton for that effortless first lap surge and the way he kept Nico honest all race, but it's always good to give the honour to newer 'blood'. Bottas drove an excellent race to get his first podium, so he gets my vote.

PS I see you haven't even tried to justify the automatic Kimi vote this time Pete - would have been pretty difficult!

PS 2 - I assume the vote for Vettel was clicking the wrong button - finger trouble!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3425281)   #19
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas gets my vote, for not panicking in any way as the race wore on. Smart drive.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:17 (Ref:3425307)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Bottas just about shades Perez and gets the vote.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:19 (Ref:3425308)   #21
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perez.

Great drive from the back, showed a lot of maturity after being stitched up in Montreal. Bodes well for the future.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:56 (Ref:3425327)   #22
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Valterri Bottas , great drive and a Williams on the podium , also respect to Nico , Lewis and Sergio .
+ 1 verbatim.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 11:45 (Ref:3425346)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS I see you haven't even tried to justify the automatic Kimi vote this time Pete - would have been pretty difficult!

PS 2 - I assume the vote for Vettel was clicking the wrong button - finger trouble![/QUOTE]

Old 23 Jun 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3425349)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love is blind eh?......
Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:44 (Ref:3425383)   #25
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a tricky one.

Hamilton - Superb charge on the first lap. Yes - he does have the best car - but it was without DRS on not the easiest track to overtake. A good strong finish to 2nd and managed to keep his teammate worried for most of the race.

Rosberg - Well, he did win after all. Managed a good pass on Pérez. Kept his teammate behind him.

Pérez - Lead some of the race - and came from 16th to 6th and beat his teammate. Sergio knows how to be gentle on those tyres.

Alonso - A really strong finish. Only dropped one place from his qualifying position. The guy is always so strong in a race - and even with a second tier car. Still, probably the best all round driver in F1 at the moment.

Bottas - A superb performance in qualifying. Plus, a podium finish and only 8 seconds behind the class leading cars.

On balance - and I suppose I should acknowledge some new talent here - I'll give it to Bottas. But it was a very tough choice out of all of those drivers for that race.