Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 6 Feb 2011, 22:01 (Ref:2826902)   #1
CScott
Rookie

England
Sittingbourne Kent
CScott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars down to Karts, different kit?

Hi all, this year due to time/budget/value for money I am looking to sell my 1700cc Formula Renault and join one of my work colleagues in the Formula 6 prokart championship.

I have the oppurtunity to do a few rounds in a single seater this year but would also like to do season of 4-stroke karting (great value for money compared to cars).

Does anybody know if I would have to do a full ARKS test or do I somehow qualify as I have held a national car racing licence for the last 5 years, I suspect I would have to do the test but you never know.

Also would my overalls be okay for karting, the blue book doesn'y make it clear but they are double layer nomex and FIA approved.

Also any other tips regarding karts etc?
Old 6 Feb 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2826909)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F6 is a great championship, you should enjoy it. If you have a valid race licence then thats fine for karting - but you will need CIK approved overalls rather than FIA nomex. You can get a good set for under 100 quid new. Your life, gloves etc will be fine.

You may want to clarify with the MSA regarding your race licence if its a National B or A but Im pretty sure it will be counted like a kart A or B and you wont have to start the first 6 races at the back like a novice.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2827136)   #3
RPD Motorsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
RPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRPD Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a national race (ARDS) licence you can enter national 'B' kart events on your existing licence.
Old 7 Feb 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2827190)   #4
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I should have said I use a Race National for MSA kart events no worries.