Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2014, 01:11 (Ref:3442088)   #1
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcos Ambrose Watch

With the Glen coming up this weekend , which Marcos won in 2011 and 2012, and all the rumors swirling about him heading back to his homeland to drive a Penske car, I thought a thread was worthy. Personally I would like to see him win the Cup race this weekend. He will also be in the Nationwide race which should spice things up a bit.
Old 8 Aug 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3442364)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes. Go Taz.

I honestly just want to see more of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE97X69Ksk
Old 8 Aug 2014, 05:22 (Ref:3442377)   #3
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^

Possibly my favourite ever race finish.

Using the track as a guideline pretty much. Big fan of Brad too and moreso after that race, he had great praise for Marcos' ability and racecraft.

So yeah very excited for Monday (will have to watch a recording in the eveing due to work commitments.

Can anyone tell me when and where I can tune in to Nationwide race (I don't have SPEED)
justintv maybe??
EDIT - looks like its gone, damn!

Last edited by ford71; 8 Aug 2014 at 05:23. Reason: addition
Old 8 Aug 2014, 10:13 (Ref:3442442)   #4
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yes. Go Taz.

I honestly just want to see more of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuE97X69Ksk
Lets hope that excitement is duplicated !
Old 10 Aug 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3443006)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kyle Busch was happy with Ambrose's Nationwide win
Old 13 Sep 2014, 15:24 (Ref:3452924)   #6
canamman
Veteran

United States
Petty racing announced Marcos will not be back in 2015.
Good luck Marcos and thanks for the 6 years.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3452955)   #7
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I took the thread title to mean this was a piece of merchandise. All I could think was 'what use is a NASCAR watch as it will only go anti-clockwise'...
Old 13 Sep 2014, 18:11 (Ref:3452961)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I hope he returns to V8SC.

Who will replace him at Petty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I took the thread title to mean this was a piece of merchandise. All I could think was 'what use is a NASCAR watch as it will only go anti-clockwise'...
Old 13 Sep 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3452976)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Petty racing announced Marcos will not be back in 2015.
Good luck Marcos and thanks for the 6 years.
Story Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Sep 2014, 18:50 (Ref:3452980)   #10
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I hope he returns to V8SC.

Who will replace him at Petty?
We will see if the Penske V8SC team /Ambrose team firms up.

As far as who will replace him at Petty, silly season will be in full gear
shortly and there is plenty of young talent out there. Whether they are
available is another story.

Anti clockwise Nascar watch- Hmmmm, you may have something there Woolley.
Old 13 Sep 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3453030)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard Sam Hornish Jnr was a chance to replace Ambrose...

What drivers are going to drive the Roush Fenway Fords?
Old 17 Mar 2015, 07:35 (Ref:3516149)   #12
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcos has sensationally quit V8 Supercar racing today for an indefinite period. Seems to be a few whispers that he might return to the States, so any news from out that way ?
Old 17 Mar 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3516222)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
I just reckon he needs more seat time - like he says... Be good if he did do Watkins Glen/Sonoma in a 3rd Penske Ford tho
Old 19 Mar 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3517180)   #14
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Marcos has sensationally quit V8 Supercar racing today for an indefinite period. Seems to be a few whispers that he might return to the States, so any news from out that way ?
I'm so confused... I watched the Clipsal 500 last night and he was more competitive than I was expecting!
Old 21 Mar 2015, 09:11 (Ref:3517697)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
He aint given no interview so who knows...
Old 21 Mar 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3517892)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
I just reckon he needs more seat time - like he says... Be good if he did do Watkins Glen/Sonoma in a 3rd Penske Ford tho
Needs more time but quits his full time drive....not very logical.
Old 22 Mar 2015, 07:05 (Ref:3518276)   #17
PIGBOY_05
Rookie

PIGBOY_05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read a very good story on speedcafe website,John Bowe commenting and he said with the reduced tyre allocation and some other reasons its hard to just jump in and be up there.I cant remember all of the story but it was shortly after the announcment.Saying that Mark Winterbottom did great in the Brazil Stock Cars this weekend,front row start.Now all i need to find is where to watch the race with all the old stars of F1 and so on..
Old 23 Mar 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3518486)   #18
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...21-1m4j57.html
Old 29 Jun 2015, 06:36 (Ref:3554651)   #19
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all, I've never seen nascar or euro nascar, zolder are holding the last race of the season. Also there's an American festival, thinking about taking my two young boys.

Any thoughts?
Old 29 Jun 2015, 09:09 (Ref:3554667)   #20
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been to Daytona twice and the experience of the sheer speed and large pack of nascars is fantastic. I've also been to Zolder to watch the Superleague formula cars a few years back and can't think that the nascar style cars would be as exciting there as at a super speedway.
It probably depends on what else is there to make it a worthwhile experience.
Oh sod it. Taking young boys motor racing is always worthwhile!
Old 29 Jun 2015, 16:21 (Ref:3554731)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
Hi all, I've never seen nascar or euro nascar, zolder are holding the last race of the season. Also there's an American festival, thinking about taking my two young boys.

Any thoughts?
Do it! If for nothing else, the noise alone is worth the effort.

While giving the appearance of a slow cornering, lumbering sedan (which they are), as soon is they "straighten out", there's not much quicker in a straight line and they are rather enjoyable in person, IMHO.

So is Taz going to be there or something?
Old 30 Jun 2015, 11:18 (Ref:3554872)   #22
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So is Taz going to be there or something?
Haha - bit of a random post by YorkshireLad wasn't it...
Old 30 Jun 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3555009)   #23
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Haha - bit of a random post by YorkshireLad wasn't it...

This was the most recently used discussion under the nascar banner.

I've never been to zolder and its on my list, the American festival which is their with the races, I'm thinking they will plenty to see and do..
It's also not far from the UK.

I always ask before going head first into something new. Thanks for the replies.
Old 30 Jun 2015, 23:43 (Ref:3555059)   #24
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Getting back on track. Taz is doing not a lot behind the wheel, but apparently a bit behind the scenes:

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/06/24/...ske-expansion/
Old 25 Jul 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3560893)   #25
canamman
Veteran

United States
Well it looks like Marcos is still committed
to 3 races this season then decide his
next step after the season. Can't wait to see
how he does at Bathurst. I kinda would like
to see him jump in sportscars somewhere.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...s-end/related/