rotation should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why does Mensley have an asterisk?
Old 14 Jul 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3558574)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Date in my diary, hopefully the same is true of the entrants.

Great meeting, but wouldn't it be wonderful to have another 20 cars.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3558579)   #4
Heardy1982
Rookie

Heardy1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotation View Post
Why does Mensley have an asterisk?
Not sure on the answer however I thought I had read somewhere they sold the Fiesta yet provisional list says Fiesta unless its another one
Old 15 Jul 2015, 09:53 (Ref:3558721)   #5
stroller
Racer

stroller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think based on the time scale that is a VERY VERY provisional list. Based on a nod and a wink to James Tucker.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3558802)   #6
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a meeting not to be missed
Old 17 Jul 2015, 11:00 (Ref:3559147)   #7
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
indigorallye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mensley Fiesta has been sold. That said, Paul (Mensley) may have done a deal with the new owner to drive it next season.

As for me, well the race and atmosphere was so enjoyable it ended up costing a lot more than I thought it would!

I delved into every piggy bank I could find, robbed a few banks and ended up with this........

I hope you guys will support our team as much as you supported us in the Fiesta
Old 2 Sep 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3570760)   #8
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
www.dailysportscar.com/2015/09/02/creventic-take-over-organisation-of-silverstone-24-hours.html

Some rumours are true.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3570764)   #9
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably time to change the thread title, then.
Old 2 Sep 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3570791)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Probably time to change the thread title, then.
Done.

Potentially good news?
Old 3 Sep 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3571013)   #11
bardy66
Rookie

England
Suffolk
bardy66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure how the fact that there is no GT cars will effect the entry list?
Old 4 Sep 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3571304)   #12
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
I can't see Creventic taking over the organisation of the event as anything other than positive.

The announcement that it will be touring cars only is a bit of a shame, but hopefully a lot of Europeans will make the numbers up and Creventic's definition of "Touring car" is fairly loose. Basically I'd expect saloon cars/hatchbacks of over 1600cc.
Plus.. Code 60 finally in the UK - I might be tempted. If it was'nt so early in the season for camping

Classes A2 to A5 plus diesels according to DSC
link to Class definition
Old 4 Sep 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3571315)   #13
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This weekend's Creventic 24hr of Barcelona entry list for comparision (exclude the A6, SP2, SP3 & 997 classes):

http://www.24hseries.com/live/entry-list
Old 4 Sep 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3571369)   #14
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Weird to (potentially) refuse the GT entries, Silverstone can host a high number of cars and has 2 pitlanes if they wish to use them and with especially a high number of potential Ginetta and Aston Martin GT4 entries it sounds like a move that could back fire on them.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3571392)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
They have a high number of nearby residents who object to the noise of GTs all night as well.

You can't really blame them. They don't say much about constant racing and testing and stuff flying in and out, not to mention major traffic quite regularly so they can be allowed a little picque if it starts being noisy all night.

They could, of course, make quieter GTs. Much as I like the sound of a grunty V8+, they don't actually need to be loud.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 17:48 (Ref:3571408)   #16
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I can't see Creventic taking over the organisation of the event as anything other than positive.
I have yet to visit a Creventic event, but I only hear positive things about them.

Quote:
Code 60 finally in the UK
Can they do that? Is it in the MSA regs?

Now, here's a question: Does Sillystone have enough petrol pumps for this race? Mugello didn't have enough for the Creventic race.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3571415)   #17
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
Creventic bring their own fuel station.

The problem with the GT cars is noise, and Silverstone will not count towards the championship.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 18:20 (Ref:3571417)   #18
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No doubt the local residents won't like the sound of screaming touring cars thru the night as well.

Perhaps a 12H + 12H would have a better chance?
Old 4 Sep 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3571442)   #19
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotation View Post
I have yet to visit a Creventic event, but I only hear positive things about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Code 60 finally in the UK
Can they do that? Is it in the MSA regs?.
Code 60 is not in the MSA regs, but neither is full course yellow nor is virtual safety car
International event + supplementary regs = all things possible
Old 5 Sep 2015, 06:08 (Ref:3571489)   #20
rotation
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stirlingshire, UK
Quote:
Code 60 is not in the MSA regs, but neither is full course yellow nor is virtual safety car
International event + supplementary regs = all things possible
Aah, didn't realise it counts as an international event now. Ta.

V1 of the timetable is out:
http://www.creventic.com/uploads/fil...ev20150831.pdf
Old 5 Sep 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3571510)   #21
indigorallye
Racer

England
Cheshire
The Creventic races are an FIA Championship now, but Silverstone will not count towards the overall results.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 00:33 (Ref:3571692)   #22
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No doubt the local residents won't like the sound of screaming touring cars thru the night as well.

Perhaps a 12H + 12H would have a better chance?
Well this hasn't stopped GTs racing in the 24 Hours at Silverstone in the past, albeit silenced. GTs were allowed in his year.

Noise might be a factor but it sounds like they think they're better concentrating on making the event touring car only. The entry list last time out was pretty meagre.
Old 7 Sep 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3572233)   #23
AndyT
Racer

England
Peterborough
AndyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the timetable seems vaguely familiar - bring it on.
we are used to having 2 teams per garage in the classic pits (or what they care to call it) on previous 24 hours so 60+ cars is manageable
Old 9 Sep 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3572698)   #24
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Posted this in the thread on the Sportscar forum:

Quote:
So...very interesting that the running of the Silverstone 24 Hours, despite already having an entry list full of Moslers, Porsches and various Britcar-type things, has been taken over by Creventic and their first move was to tear up the current entry list and start over again as a touring-car only event. This, despite the fact the event comes around fairly quickly in April 2016.

One of the reasons given was the noise restrictions, which doesn't really wash with me considering the great lengths James Tucker went to in negotiating with Silverstone and Whittlebury residents to get permission to race again. He finally won that permission and last year's race ran with GTs and even an LMP3 car, albeit fitted with silencers.

I'd far rather they were honest and said that in a market already saturated by endurance races at many circuits with legitimate reasons for being called "iconic", there simply isn't the appetite for another one for GT3 cars, especially if they have to be severely and strictly silenced. There are also very few genuine 24 hour races for touring cars, and the Silverstone 24 hours has threatened to gather pace a couple of times since the turn of the millenium but has suffered some major set-backs. Although the GTs and sports prototypes will be sorely missed by those of us who liked the "mini Le Mans" feel the race tried (bet never really managed) to capture, turning it into a Willhire-style 24 hour race for touring cars with an international flavour actually makes a tonne of sense.

The fact entries were flying in the same weekend the move was announced justifies the decision.
Further to that, I hope this results in my entries than last year as much as anything...not sure how many of your marshalled at this year's race but having seen the entry list, I decided to give it a miss. Can't have been too exciting seeing a dozen cars finish?
Old 9 Sep 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3572774)   #25
Heardy1982
Rookie

Heardy1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Posted this in the thread on the Sportscar forum:

Further to that, I hope this results in my entries than last year as much as anything...not sure how many of your marshalled at this year's race but having seen the entry list, I decided to give it a miss. Can't have been too exciting seeing a dozen cars finish?
It was my first 24 hour race I really enjoyed it was a bit worried at the start of the weekend due to entry numbers and length however when it was it was over seeing the cars finish was good especially the Fiesta. However not sure why I enjoyed I think it was due to the fact I had completed a 24 hour endurance race.