Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Dec 2022, 00:22 (Ref:4136632)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Andy Kitson's youtube

Not sure how many others have seen recently but Andy Kitson, who is an arch enthusiast like most of us here (and pretty sure used to be a contributor to tenths) has been uploading some marvellous old footage lately.

Mainly from the 80's he has shared FF1600/2000, F3, F2 and F3000 plus the odd bit of saloons and motorcycling.

Some of this stuff I certainly haven't seem for years, if ever!
Just some of the highlights include BBC Grandstand FF2000 with some epic racing amd some beeb covreage of British F3 from 1984 and '85.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other rare gems Andy has in his archive that he might share in the coming weeks.
Old 10 Dec 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4136683)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Not sure how many others have seen recently but Andy Kitson, who is an arch enthusiast like most of us here (and pretty sure used to be a contributor to tenths) has been uploading some marvellous old footage lately.

Mainly from the 80's he has shared FF1600/2000, F3, F2 and F3000 plus the odd bit of saloons and motorcycling.

Some of this stuff I certainly haven't seem for years, if ever!
Just some of the highlights include BBC Grandstand FF2000 with some epic racing amd some beeb covreage of British F3 from 1984 and '85.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other rare gems Andy has in his archive that he might share in the coming weeks.
Thanks 'Chunty' for the heads up. Subscribed (and as a result somewhat square eyed having spent longer than I should have watching videos!)

Plenty of stuff that I dont recall seeing before.
Old 10 Dec 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4136693)   #3
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First two of Andy's videos I came across were the Easter Monday 1984 Formula Two and Formula Three races. Happy memories !
Old 10 Dec 2022, 17:18 (Ref:4136700)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
First two of Andy's videos I came across were the Easter Monday 1984 Formula Two and Formula Three races. Happy memories !
Hehehe I was living in Aus by then, with obviously no internet then, all my UK motor racing news reliant on my airmail subscription to Autosport, which surprisingly would always arrive weekly in my post box at the post office on a Sunday, within 4 days of publishing in the UK.