Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 May 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1307872)   #26
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say that I agree with Zef - HSCC HRSR is a hot rod series and the final frontier for Gp 5 pre 66 cars. If you want to race against FIA cars Top Hat is a much better series. Its a shame as the rest of HSCC is excellant and I am very much looking fwd to racing at both the Brands Super Prix meeting and Silverstone Festival - but not in the saloon car series!
Old 23 May 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1308128)   #27
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
What I'd love is to see a pre66 saloon series, at the best UK circuits with period correct cars, not necessarily FiA but not hot rods, iF the HSCC paID more attention to the goings on within the HRSR and thats exactly what they'd have. The Hscc is a well run business and offers pretty good value, from my experiances last year anyway. ultimately though to enforce regs costs, so you have 2 options, either it gets very expensive (FiA series) or it get very relaxed to the point of supersaloons (HRSR)
don't get me wrong, theyre all great races, but Top Hat has proved theres a need for the middle ground
Old 23 May 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1308292)   #28
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We drove a 7 hour trip up to Croft for 33 minutes of track time. Least i got rip roaringly ****ed in he pub sat night!
Old 23 May 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1308294)   #29
ScottDay
Racer

United Kingdom
Derby
ScottDay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, it was Friday night, Sat i got ****ed at home!
Old 24 May 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1308695)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
ha ha . . .must have been good Scott . . . .otherwise you'd remember

I'm looking forward to Chimay for the same reason, get the racing done and sample some Belgian Unsteadying fluids
Old 6 Jun 2005, 10:19 (Ref:1321193)   #31
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the topic, why are entries so low?
I can understand the saloons migrating to the excellent Top Hat series but where are the Derek Bell trophy contestants in particular the F5000 boys? The F5000 association seems to have abandonded the series which is a great shame for lovers of big banger single seaters. Any answers?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1321232)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I thought with the demise of the CTCRC historic saloons the HRSR had full grids most of the time, although the newsletter earlier in the year said otherwise, the rest of the HSCC I thought was well supported ? theyre an organised bunch on the whole, certainly seem to be professionally run, which is more than can be said for some