Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Sep 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3450878)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert 2015 Calendar (UPDATED)

Set to be announced this Friday at Sandown...

Story Here

No international races (bar NZ.. and Tassie.. hehe)

Wonder if the series, in the interests of cost savings, will drive their transporters onto a boat and travel to NZ & back that way, as they did before the airlift thing became de rigeur?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Sep 2014, 01:30 (Ref:3450885)   #2
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would make sense if they could jag another event in NZ.
Old 8 Sep 2014, 02:52 (Ref:3451159)   #3
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would guess the Johor circuit in Southern Malaysia is a possible V8 Supercars destination for 2016.
http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/cat...uit-for-johor/
Old 8 Sep 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3451361)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 is March 15th Here

Makes for a busy few weeks in the calendar with the B12 on February 8th... and presumably Clipsal in the middle.. and whatever day they rejig the test day to be...
Old 9 Sep 2014, 00:02 (Ref:3451367)   #5
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
F1 is March 15th Here

Makes for a busy few weeks in the calendar with the B12 on February 8th... and presumably Clipsal in the middle.. and whatever day they rejig the test day to be...
Clipsal is 26 Feb to 1 Mar. that date has been announced - Cold Chisel are playing
Old 9 Sep 2014, 06:27 (Ref:3451402)   #6
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The test day is no longer looking like clashing with the 12 Hour?
Old 11 Sep 2014, 10:10 (Ref:3452101)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
speedcafe suggesting NZ round moved back to traditional Nov date
Old 11 Sep 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3452103)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The test day is no longer looking like clashing with the 12 Hour?
It was supposed to being fixed.. But the article on Speedcafe says different

Story Here

Old 11 Sep 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3452320)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fairly disappointing
Old 11 Sep 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3452325)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Grat calender, love the improvments

Glad they have gone back to 4 rounds , every two week, after Bathurst

Last edited by peckstar; 11 Sep 2014 at 23:56. Reason: Because GTR can format quicker
Old 11 Sep 2014, 23:50 (Ref:3452327)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
2015 Calendar
DateSponsorEventLocationFormat
Feb 7-8Sydney.comV8SC Test DayEastern CreekSuperTest
Feb 26-Mar1ClipsalClipsal 500Adelaide ParklandsSuperStreet
Mar 12-15TBC2015 F1 AGPAlbert ParkInternational SuperSprint
Mar 27-29TyrepowerTasmania SuperSprintSymmons PlainsSuperSprint
Apr 17-19TBCPerth SuperSprintWannerooSuperSprint
May 15-17TBCWinton SuperSprintWintonSuperSprint
Jun 19-21SkyCityTriple Crown DarwinHidden ValleySuperSprint
Jul 10-12CastrolTownsville 400Reid ParkSuperStreet
Jul 31-Aug 2Coates HireIpswich SuperSprintQueensland RacewaySuperSprint
Aug 21-23TBCSydney MotorSport Park SuperSprintEastern CreekSuperSprint
Sep 11-13Wilson SecuritySandown 500SandownPirtek Enduro Cup
Oct 8-11SuperCheap AutoBathurst 1000Mt PanoramaPirtek Enduro Cup
Oct 23-25Castrol EdgeGold Coast 600Surfers ParadisePirtek Enduro Cup
Nov 6-8ITMITM 500 AucklandPukekoheSuperSprint
Nov 20-22TBCPhillip Island SuperSprintPhillip IslandSuperSprint
Dec 4-6Sydney.comSydney 500Olympic ParkSuperStreet

There are some mighty gaps in the middle of the year again, like room for 2 or 3 more events in there... plus Sandown having a month to prepare for Bathurst, but only 2 weeks til Gold Coast...

Some more event naming rights sponsors were probably expected too

Story Here
Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:13 (Ref:3452380)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Wonder what supports will align themselves with this calendar, and when they may appear.

The Dunlop series, TCM, Carrera Cup, Aus GT... Hopefully all returning..
Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:49 (Ref:3452390)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AA's view...

Old 12 Sep 2014, 02:55 (Ref:3452392)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

"Gutted about the V8Supercar calendar and the 12 Hour clashing. Politics..." Is apparently the removed post. Perhaps.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3452400)   #15
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, I'm surprised by the editor of V8Action being so vocal, unless Peter McKay hacked his account.

I wonder what SVG said.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 03:56 (Ref:3452407)   #16
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wonder what supports will align themselves with this calendar, and when they may appear.

The Dunlop series, TCM, Carrera Cup, Aus GT... Hopefully all returning..
Tony Quinn told me at SMP a couple of weeks ago that he sees the GT's running at the V8SC rounds as the way to go.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3452411)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
"Gutted about the V8Supercar calendar and the 12 Hour clashing. Politics..." Is apparently the removed post. Perhaps.
This is correct, I saw it before it was removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Wow, I'm surprised by the editor of V8Action being so vocal, unless Peter McKay hacked his account.
So am I, quite honestly I'm glad I don't buy the rag anymore, that is not appropriate.

V8Supercars don't owe the B12H anything, and those drivers are contracted to V8Supercars on lucrative salaries.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3452422)   #18
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If V8SC are looking to run a field of disgruntled teams and drivers, they're going the right way about it.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:42 (Ref:3452426)   #19
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The drivers were the only group V8SC had yet to upset
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:45 (Ref:3452429)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
The drivers were the only group V8SC had yet to upset
You might imagine the Erebutians wont be too pleased either...
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:51 (Ref:3452430)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If V8SC are looking to run a field of disgruntled teams and drivers, they're going the right way about it.
What are we talking about 4 drivers, and Erebus the only team likely to be annoyed?

I think you're overplaying it in a big way.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3452434)   #22
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So am I, quite honestly I'm glad I don't buy the rag anymore, that is not appropriate.

V8Supercars don't owe the B12H anything, and those drivers are contracted to V8Supercars on lucrative salaries.
Not appropriate??? This is the best piece of journalism to come out of AA in many many years.

I was surprised because AA, historically havent wanted to upset the gods at V8SC. Good on them for speaking up for Australian motorsport and not toeing the line.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 04:59 (Ref:3452435)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Not appropriate??? This is the best piece of journalism to come out of AA in many many years.
It isn't journalism, and it is biased. Regardless of whether you agree with the sentiment it doesn't have a place from a media outlet.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 05:00 (Ref:3452436)   #24
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
It isn't journalism, and it is biased. Regardless of whether you agree with the sentiment it doesn't have a place from a media outlet.
Fair play - it isn't journalism if they are going via Facebook. Its social media and I'm fairly confident that is 99.9% of social media is an opinion piece................................. and good on them.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3452446)   #25
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Clearly it is "comment".

If it was published in the magazine as "comment" any requirement to present balance is significantly reduced.

It is refreshing to read a strong opinion from the editor. Traditionally the Aussie motoring press have "kowtowed" to V8 Supercars.

Last edited by chavez; 12 Sep 2014 at 05:27. Reason: Spelling