Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Mar 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1259871)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah he had to run it in and check the new bits.

Trouble is now he knows how quick it really is I'll have to beat him every time! Bugger.

[O Topic]Donington entry sent off [/O Topic]
Old 23 Mar 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1259883)   #52
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Getting excited too Zef. Winter mods include new repositioned fuel lines, heat shielding, new ally rad, new long range tank and a new AP twin plate clutch. All is now in place with just a few minor bits to sort between now and Monday! New clutch was giving us trouble until we pulled the box again yesterday and made some mods to the release bearing carrier.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1259886)   #53
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I've got a new engine and clutch too . .. .I need to get used to the clutch as its pretty sharp and catches me out on the down shift if I'm not careful. still some work to do but we've made a big step forward over the winter I think . . .call me sceptical but its largely been by not trusting anybody elses judgement or opinion !!!
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1260240)   #54
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey this Historic racing attracts good entries, doesn't it? Most of the entrants from the Combe GTs must have sold up and gone historic racing, to judge by Dan's entry list - that's p-poor!

Wish I hadn't sold my old SD1 now. Are 1275(ish) engined MG Midgets welcome in the sports car series, or is it all snobby and only wants 1-litre Frogeyes?

Alex & I are going to mosy down, looks like I'll need to forgo the lunchtime pint to catch Peter first race then. If you see a tarts-handbag-blue MGZS trying to blag its way into the paddock, have pity and chuck me a ticket! Wish I hadn't burnt my old skid pan instructor gear ;-)

Max
Old 24 Mar 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1260488)   #55
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Midgetman, we'll have some spare tickets I'm pretty sure, as long as we have time to get to a gate and meet you before you burst in. I'll PM you my mobile
Old 25 Mar 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1261464)   #56
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Any chance of a link to Thruxton Classic Grp 1 and Thunder entry lists?
Old 25 Mar 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1261470)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try here
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:08 (Ref:1261483)   #58
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Peter,

Cheers for link, but although i've found some top pics of the Capri i can't find what i'm looking for today!

Must be missing something?!
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1261490)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
When you get to that page there are two further links to the timetables etc. But I apologise I haven't updated the links to the actual entry lists. (Meant to do that last night).
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1261496)   #60
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Ok, cheers anyway,

no worries
Old 29 Mar 2005, 06:31 (Ref:1263970)   #61
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
how did the cloth cap/top hat races go?
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:32 (Ref:1264043)   #62
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know how anybody else felt even though the races were good i still feel that an hour is far too long.
That is just my personal opinion i'd rather have seen two 40 min races or perhaps two twenty for top hat and cloth cap so both drivers still get to race
Even so it still was a good entertaining day with excellent weather late morning onwards
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1264044)   #63
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what car won each race?
Old 29 Mar 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1264058)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Cloth Cap

Top Hat

Oldies but Goldies

Groovy Baby
Old 29 Mar 2005, 10:08 (Ref:1264114)   #65
spnixon
Racer

spnixon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton was packed - you couldn't move in the paddock, all the grids were excellent and there was even a relatively large crowd watching at the chicane (where Brian Goodwin unfortunately rolled his Renault 5 right in front of my Golf).

A fantastic days racing from BARC.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1264141)   #66
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think the one hour Top Hat race suffered slightly due to the high attrition rate . . .myself included, hopefully this will be cured by Donnington as, in my case it was just silly little annoying things that went wrong.

The trouble with suggsting 2 races instead of one is with starts and grids etc it would basically mean drivers costs go up or we get less track time, One of the better aspects of CC is that the public get a good view of the circuit, AND the pit lane, theres always things going on there as well, and you can walk most of a lap and see plenty of different viewpoints in an hour

anyone got any pics ?
Old 29 Mar 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1264359)   #67
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The modest Mr Nixon did not mention his Class F Classic Thunder win and lap record.
Old 29 Mar 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1264420)   #68
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
No he didnt did he. Nor his success in even finishing both races and taking the car away again in working order! Congrats Peter.
Old 30 Mar 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1264994)   #69
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well done SPN Racing.

Now that I've had time to think about it the 70's race at Combe was pretty good for me. The grid could have been bigger but the clash with Thruxton reduced the entries. (This is not supposed to be a competior series). Hopefully that won't occur at Donington.

Its only my second time at the circuit, that and the fact that I don't get to drive that often possibly cost me a couple of seconds a lap. So the fight with Timothy Dutton and James Diffey was a bit more difficult.

Once I got my head in gear the speed built up but I'm still being too "girly" with the brakes!

Great to meet all those tenthers, including the assistant CoC Mark Skelton,Tim D, Craig, Lee Purnell and loads of others.

Also good to hear the CTCRC races went well.

Anobody seen any pics yet?
Old 30 Mar 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1265008)   #70
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
This came in last night from Samantha Severs. Thruxton was her first ever race! Renault 5 No77. in GP1. we also had a another woman, Celia Stevens, racing a BMW 735. They're like buses these women racers. Nothing for years and then two come along at once! Good to see them.

www.jpemotorsport.fotopic.net
Old 30 Mar 2005, 08:15 (Ref:1265012)   #71
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Oh and if you want a full run down of the days events check here...

http://www.csccgb.co.uk/pages/results.asp
Old 30 Mar 2005, 08:43 (Ref:1265027)   #72
apguy
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Suffolk
apguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would also like to apologise to the Grp 1 grid for being one of the 5 that tore off into the distance on the 2nd green flag lap.

A nice chat with the other 4 culprits and the CotC afterwards was not what I really wanted.

In my defense, and for everyones info, a 2nd green flag lap after a delayed start is mandatory according to the Blue Book, however I have been in many many situations where the CotC has decided not to run a 2nd green flag lap where the timetable has been tight or the obstruction moved quickly (eg Snetterton last year). Therefore many competitors, including myself were not expecting that second lap. Sheep-like instincts then took over.
The CotC has confirmed that the MSA has been running refresher courses for officials and that 2nd green flag laps will be mandatory as per the Blue Book. Timetable concerns or the views of the officials should not affect this process. I reserve judgement on whether this will actually occur.

Apology over with, I did however have a great day.

#24 RS1600i
Old 30 Mar 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1265107)   #73
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
anyone got any pics ?
I've uploaded a selection from Monday's meeting on my website here

I've limited the number of shots I've posted to save webspace so if there's something you're looking for that isn't on the site PM me and I'll dig through the rest of the pics I took.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 06:49 (Ref:1265941)   #74
simon drabble
Veteran

Neil they are great photo's and looking through them makes me very jealous that my car wasnt ready in time for that round, I will be at Donington though will you cover any of the other rounds or do you just do CC as its local?
Old 31 Mar 2005, 08:37 (Ref:1266007)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
nice pics

no noe caught my spin I see