Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Feb 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3610833)   #1
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
drewchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV UK accessibility.

It seems that Motors TV has been denied to many viewers.
Since yesterday the Freeview Channel 71 has been discontinued, directing you to Ch 240 which is a data streaming channel.
Unless your box or TV is MHEG-IC enabled Ch 240 gives a message not compatible with this device, even if the device is connected to your network.
Let us hope there is some live streaming on the net from Bathurst this weekend!
Old 2 Feb 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3610887)   #2
The Flagman
Racer

The Flagman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I made the same discovery yesterday. Nothing on Motors TV website about the issue. Thankfully still available as a TV channel on SKY 447. Just not free!
Old 2 Feb 2016, 15:06 (Ref:3610902)   #3
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Some of us have never been able to get it for free!

Is this really a marshalling problem? Maybe a mod could move it to somewhere more appropriate.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 16:01 (Ref:3610923)   #4
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
You're right Dave, I just put it on here from habit. Feel free to move it wherever mods.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3610944)   #5
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True-not a marshal but had me worried for a moment-channel 447 is the one I watch most often I think-as far as I know has come as part of the basic Sky package since it started?
Old 3 Feb 2016, 08:08 (Ref:3611155)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I've only been able to get it on C240 for ages on the SmartTV, the only problem is that I have absolute crap internet reception where I live in the UK and the streaming often packs up.
I did subscribe to BT sport when it first started with MotoGP but cancelled when it wouldn't work.
I have just about given up complaining to BT regarding internet speed, talking to someone in India where I can just about understand every second word is doing my head in !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Feb 2016, 18:37 (Ref:3612053)   #7
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I have just about given up complaining to BT regarding internet speed, talking to someone in India where I can just about understand every second word is doing my head in !
Try ringing during daytime. You should get someone here. It works with BT phone faults and some of the insurance companies.

Pete Richards
Old 3 Feb 2016, 08:57 (Ref:3611166)   #8
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see links for 100+ posts on the same subject 10 years ago!
Old 5 Feb 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3612050)   #9
abw
Rookie

England
Northampton
abw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even when the streaming works OK on 240, you cannot use any of the recorder functions
Old 5 Feb 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3612141)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I don't know what sort of speeds other people are getting but to give you an example I uploaded a one and a half hour HD wedding video to someone a while back that took nearly 3 days !
The problem is that where I live in UK in the sticks I am the last person on the end of old copper wires in our village and probably about a mile or so from the exchange.
In Spain I can watch English HD television on the laptop and upload films much faster and that is using next doors WiFi !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Feb 2016, 21:39 (Ref:3612150)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I just thought I'd do a quick internet speed test, I don't think I'm complaining about nothing !
Attached Images
File Type: png speed test.png (78.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 16 Feb 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3615065)   #12
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's an explanation on the Motors TV website.

https://fr.motorstv.com/actualites/m...bution-saffole
Old 16 Feb 2016, 10:37 (Ref:3615071)   #13
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post

Google translate did it's best to put it into English, the best I could make from the statement was that it was out of Motors TV's hands and down to the service providers. So that would be Freeview in the UK I guess.
Old 17 Feb 2016, 10:39 (Ref:3615415)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post

I think that relates mainly to the French broadcasts. From what I can make out CanalSat have now included Motors TV in a sports subscription bundle, whereas previously it was free to air.

At least the French got some sort of explanation, the UK side of things have barely acknowledged the change and seemingly refuse to reply to respond to any questions on social media about it.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 10:34 (Ref:3615068)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So you can't record Motors on channel 240 can you watch on demand? So can you scroll back through the last few days of programmes and watch whatever you want? Or is it just 'watch it when it's on or tough luck'? (how very 1980's).
Old 17 Feb 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3615589)   #16
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It is possible to get Motors TV on a laptop and even record it as I actually did it tonight, however it was an awful lot of aggro and you have to make sure you don't download a load of other crap that is also on these third party streaming sites !
I only did it to see if I could but I wouldn't recommend it
Old 25 Feb 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3617737)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It appears that Motors has dropped of Sky, no reason has been given yet. However you can manually tune the channel.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 18:46 (Ref:3617748)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
It appears that Motors has dropped of Sky, no reason has been given yet. However you can manually tune the channel.
What frequency is it on then?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3617763)   #19
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Courtesy of a helpful man on Pistonheads

'For the moment it can be added manually via the Services, Options, Add Channels menu with the following details : 11.082 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK'
Old 25 Feb 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3617743)   #20
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can manually tune the channel on a Sky box?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3617780)   #21
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could Motors TV be in financial trouble, not paying the bills being the cause of all this distruption? Pure speculation, no evidence on my part though.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3617785)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A shame. Although I have drifted from that mainly due to it not being HD.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3617791)   #23
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just saw this on Twitter.

SkyHelpTeam @SkyHelpTeam
@dj_heavy_g I've had word back from the relevant team and been advised this is a decision made by Motors TV not to show on our platform anymore. For more information I refer you to speak with them directly. Cheers again, Amanda
Old 26 Feb 2016, 00:27 (Ref:3617841)   #24
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
sadly we never got Motors TV on ch71 down south...never was able to find out why, shame its gone.

So if channel 447 has gone from SKY, but the channel is still Broadcasting, can it now be picked up by a FTA Satellite receiver?

Don`t suppose the there is any hope that a Freesat Receiver will pick it up? Or that it will make its way to Freesat?

The Freeview by Internet on ch240, does anybody know if there is a Freeview HD box that will pick it up ch240 with a scart output socket. I know SCART is being wiped out by manufacturers, but I still need it to connect to my TV
Old 26 Feb 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3617904)   #25
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The tweet from the Sky "help" team kind of goes against statement from the MotorsTV executive which basically says its the broadcasters decision

Angry phone call to Sky coming up....