Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 21 Feb 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3208493)   #1
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
R.I.P Stan Redmond

Very sad news from New Zealand. Formula 5000 driver Stan Redmond has passed away from injuries sustained during a practice accident last weekend.

Stan was a stalwart in the revived F5000 category, highly regarded in the category world wide, achieving a superb 2nd place at Brands Hatch in 2008.

Sincerest condolences to his family.

Old 21 Feb 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3208560)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sad news indeed, and may I add my condolences, and that of 10-Tenths, to Stan's family and friends.

I'll move this to the Tributes Forum, but leave a redirect in Historic Racing Today.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3208601)   #3
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tragic news about an exceptional gentleman. In 2006 we were invited to New Zealand with our Formula 5000 cars to run some races in their F5000 championship. Owing to various shipping issues our cars never made it and the locals stepped in with offers of car loans to get us racing. Stan very generously offered me his Lola for the first two races, which I accepted and was able to enjoy. For the third race meeting at Timaru we were simply going to spectate and maybe lend a hand where we could. On arrival I wandered around only to be told that I ought to go and have a look in the container - to my amazement Stan had sent his car for me again, with a note "Simon, you looked like you were having so much fun I thought I would send it for this weekend - have fun! Stan" Over and above the call of duty, he was a star, he will be very much missed in our corner of the world. Stan, you were the man.....
Old 21 Feb 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3208607)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
Tragic news about an exceptional gentleman. In 2006 we were invited to New Zealand with our Formula 5000 cars to run some races in their F5000 championship. Owing to various shipping issues our cars never made it and the locals stepped in with offers of car loans to get us racing. Stan very generously offered me his Lola for the first two races, which I accepted and was able to enjoy. For the third race meeting at Timaru we were simply going to spectate and maybe lend a hand where we could. On arrival I wandered around only to be told that I ought to go and have a look in the container - to my amazement Stan had sent his car for me again, with a note "Simon, you looked like you were having so much fun I thought I would send it for this weekend - have fun! Stan" Over and above the call of duty, he was a star, he will be very much missed in our corner of the world. Stan, you were the man.....
A great story and a fitting tribute. RIP Stan.
Old 22 Feb 2013, 05:37 (Ref:3208929)   #5
mha
Rookie

mha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another of the good guys gone - RIP Stan
Old 22 Feb 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3209149)   #6
JRTM
Rookie

Ireland
Orlando, FL
JRTM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Top man and well worth chatting with any day of the week. Irrepressible enthusiasm and most importantly never took himself too seriously. The world needs more Stans - not less.