Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 5 Mar 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3620188)   #1
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alan Henry RIP

It is being reported on social media that the veteran F1 journalist, Alan Henry, has passed away after a long illness. He was a genuinely good guy and a great writer, the sport will miss him.
Old 5 Mar 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3620230)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Oh that's a bit of a shock. But it explains why we hadn't heard from him the last few years, if he's had that illness. His work was one I enjoyed writing, he certainly loved racing. May he rest in peace

As a side note, how is Mr Roebuck getting, as I read in Autosport he had to be treated for an illness
Old 5 Mar 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3620246)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad news for me, since Alan was a brilliant journo and writer.
I send condolences of Mr Gustavo Arsuaga, Argentinian journo and colleague that contacted him many times.
RIP Alan Henry.
Old 7 Mar 2016, 08:43 (Ref:3620810)   #4
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Oh that's a bit of a shock. But it explains why we hadn't heard from him the last few years, if he's had that illness. His work was one I enjoyed writing, he certainly loved racing. May he rest in peace

As a side note, how is Mr Roebuck getting, as I read in Autosport he had to be treated for an illness
I believe that Alan was suffering from Parkinson's Disease, that is what he disclosed in his autobiography, Last Train from Yokkaichi.

It is an excellent read, like the man himself, informed, witty and self-deprecating - worth taking time to enjoy, and available on Kindle, it is a fitting tribute to AH.

As to Nigel, according to the latest issue of Motor Sport, he is on the road to recovery.
Old 10 Mar 2016, 11:13 (Ref:3621822)   #5
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad news indeed.

When Alan was writing for Muttering Screws (Motoring News), in the early days, he was also then a member of my club, TEAC (Thames Estuary Automobile Club. Essex), which was one of the premier clubs in the South, even running TV events at one time.

In circa 1971, Alan came down to my garage to review the new state-of-the art Crypton-Triangle-Heenan and Froude rolling road dyno I had just installed. I gave his then car (MG Midget I seem to remember) a complete set up, and he most kindly wrote an excellent review which led to much performance work.

Alan was a gentleman and a most charming man. His later success was both well earned and well deserved.

R.I.P Alan.
Old 24 Mar 2016, 10:42 (Ref:3626626)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just saw this. Very sad news indeed. RIP Alan.