Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who would you say the driver of the Japanese Grand Prix is?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 1 2.94%
7 6 17.65%
6 9 26.47%
5 9 26.47%
4 3 8.82%
3 3 8.82%
2 2 5.88%
1 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Oct 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3772892)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Japanese Grand Prix 2017

What score would you give the Japanese Grand Prix?
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3772981)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say #6 is driver of the day :P
Old 8 Oct 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3773012)   #3
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gave it a 7.

Not because the racing was spectacular, but the cars were. In terms of having wider, faster cars I've finally got what I've been asking for - cars that I can simply enjoy watching even if the race isn't particularly exciting.

2017 cars look awesome around Suzuka, so much so that it held the attention of my F1-hating housemate for around a quarter of an hour.

Sorry for the horribly happy-clappy post.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3773019)   #4
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Oct 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3773033)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After the virtual no show by Ferrari at the Malaysian GP, I was hoping to see some sort of battle between Hamilton and Vettel but no, it all fizzled out again very quickly. Suzuka is a great track and there were some good battles down the field but the disappointment factor had kicked in.

Old 8 Oct 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3773037)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
5 this time average race with a few good bits
Old 8 Oct 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3773038)   #7
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7. It kept me entertained. Obviously it would have been better if we could have seen Hamilton and Vettel going at it hammer and tongs, but hey ho! I always feel a touch of schadenfreude when Ferrari shoot themselves in the foot.

It was also good to see the virtual safety car (silly name) being used so that cars could be cleared away without penalising everyone who had built themselves a lead.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 18:48 (Ref:3773055)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love Suzuka, but for a Japanese Grand Prix, there was very little racing involved..... 5
Old 8 Oct 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3773075)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need more circuits that challenge the drivers and machinery like this!
Old 8 Oct 2017, 23:47 (Ref:3773099)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
7. It kept me entertained. Obviously it would have been better if we could have seen Hamilton and Vettel going at it hammer and tongs, but hey ho! I always feel a touch of schadenfreude when Ferrari shoot themselves in the foot.

It was also good to see the virtual safety car (silly name) being used so that cars could be cleared away without penalising everyone who had built themselves a lead.
They could do it IndyCar style. Now that would be fun.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 04:29 (Ref:3773128)   #11
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me, would of been higher if the Ferrari hadn't broken it's rubber band at the beginning of the race.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 04:48 (Ref:3773130)   #12
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 9 Oct 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3773155)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Love Suzuka, but for a Japanese Grand Prix, there was very little racing involved..... 5

This but a 3.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 08:29 (Ref:3773165)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Dodgy spark plug robbed us of a potentially great race.

Great track. An OK race, but nothing memorable really happened.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3773181)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
6, plenty of battles throughout and good chase between Max and Lewis at the end
Old 10 Oct 2017, 09:23 (Ref:3773372)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A 7 for me, because I second Gingers4Justice's point that the cars look so good around Suzuka that that in itself is enjoyment even if it wasn't the best race. Still, a decent race with intrigue for the podium positions. The battle for the lead near the end was exciting. It's fun to see drivers have to scythe past drivers being lapped.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3773912)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it the 8

A Monday evening after work on top of a weekend that saw me taken from Road Atlanta early and missing Petit Le Mans because of a family funeral, guess I was looking for anything to satisfy my race fix. Perhaps it was like most other F1 races this year, but this one came down close to the end and Kimi's run from so far back was entertaining enough. Plus Suzuka. Haters.

And chilli, i don't know you anymore
Old 12 Oct 2017, 20:40 (Ref:3773919)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
And chilli, i don't know you anymore

dont say that lol.

maybe a 5 was on the low/harsh side. i actually got to watching a few laps in and once i realized Vettel was already out of it i lost a lot of interest right there. and since it was late night for me time zone wise, i basically just fell asleep.

overall i think i much prefer the early morning races over breakfast and coffee and probably tend to give those races a higher score as a result.
Old 12 Oct 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3773922)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

dont say that lol.

maybe a 5 was on the low/harsh side. i actually got to watching a few laps in and once i realized Vettel was already out of it i lost a lot of interest right there. and since it was late night for me time zone wise, i basically just fell asleep.

overall i think i much prefer the early morning races over breakfast and coffee and probably tend to give those races a higher score as a result.

It certainly can depend on some personal extenuating circumstances!