Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old Yesterday, 11:15 (Ref:3803583)   #2716
btccbloke
Racer

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
The person who looks after the Motorbase twitter feed is away on holiday - nothing more than that
And nobody else can send a tweet... Olly Collins certainly can... Where's the fun in your explanation

Tho it wouldnt surprise me if this has been taken as a legal challenge, im sure we have had similar in F1 over the years. You dont have a contract to drive, get told i dont want you in the team and just say "ok" ... do you??

Last edited by btccbloke; Yesterday at 11:24.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 (Ref:3803585)   #2717
Pdh
Rookie

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe motorbase didn't want to tweet to the world that they were shaking the cars down, not everything has to be broadcast to the world and it saves them having to read endless tweets about 3rd drivers and why did you sack Mat. Plus if they were going to running the new driver they would be doing it Spain where there's no prying eyes

Last edited by Pdh; Yesterday at 11:36.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 (Ref:3803587)   #2718
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Don't let facts get in the way of my misty-eyed recollection of history, crmalcolm
Old Yesterday, 13:05 (Ref:3803598)   #2719
btccbloke
Racer

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Maybe motorbase didn't want to tweet to the world that they were shaking the cars down, not everything has to be broadcast to the world and it saves them having to read endless tweets about 3rd drivers and why did you sack Mat. Plus if they were going to running the new driver they would be doing it Spain where there's no prying eyes

Team boss Olly did on his personal twitter, im sure your right i just do wonder if theres something else there.

In other news TOC hasnt said anything on twitter since liking a number of "theres a seat spare at motorbase now Tom" tweets last week

2+2=5 i know but its all good silly season entertainment
Old Yesterday, 13:26 (Ref:3803600)   #2720
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
I hope Motorbase find a driver soon, they can't wait forever, there's a seat that needs filling
Old Yesterday, 13:42 (Ref:3803605)   #2721
btccbloke
Racer

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope Motorbase find a driver soon, they can't wait forever, there's a seat that needs filling
i sent my cv and some dashcam footage.... didnt hear anything back
Old Yesterday, 15:15 (Ref:3803623)   #2722
Pdh
Rookie

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure they have and maybe they will announce something after their testing in Spain, you have to remember they don't have to make anything public until media day
Old Yesterday, 16:43 (Ref:3803644)   #2723
Alfisti
Racer

Alfisti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Exactly; they can announce whatever it is they want to announce whenever suits them. Subject to it being no later than media day. I'm told they signed someone before parting with Jackson; I am not party to who it is though!
Old Yesterday, 17:32 (Ref:3803650)   #2724
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
I'm sure they have and maybe they will announce something after their testing in Spain, you have to remember they don't have to make anything public until media day
Technically they don't have to decide by Media Day. They have until first Free Practice at Brands Hatch.
Old Yesterday, 17:37 (Ref:3803651)   #2725
Robshillito1990
Rookie

Robshillito1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a fan of the new aero on the Hard vw cc looks a mess surely aero should be all about smooth lines and not jagged lines like on them side skirts?
Old Yesterday, 17:54 (Ref:3803654)   #2726
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Not a fan of the new aero on the Hard vw cc looks a mess surely aero should be all about smooth lines and not jagged lines like on them side skirts?
Sometimes jagged edges are exactly what's required. Aerodynamics isn't all about smooth flows, sometimes you need chaotic disrupted air to make the air separate from some component and reduce drag (or rejoin another flow). Fluid dynamics is a bizarre science sometimes.
Old Yesterday, 18:17 (Ref:3803655)   #2727
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Sometimes jagged edges are exactly what's required. Aerodynamics isn't all about smooth flows, sometimes you need chaotic disrupted air to make the air separate from some component and reduce drag (or rejoin another flow). Fluid dynamics is a bizarre science sometimes.
A good read on the subject can be found here.

One point made in the article - 'I would say the most misunderstood thing about aero for the general public is that people think there is one perfect shape and we [aerodynamicists] know what it is, so they are always asking you to tell them. The truth is, there is no good solution that isnít a custom one and even defining what is better is circumstantial.'

An example of 'good' aero (for a certain situation)..
Old Yesterday, 22:32 (Ref:3803701)   #2728
HopAlong
Rookie

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How likely could it have been that when they thought Jackson was going to TD, they signed another driver. The deal fell though and MJ had had no seat to go back to. If it is the scenario we all think it is its a shame. We all know if Button, Alonso or any big star driver had come along with good backing, however unrealistic that may be, Jackson would have been moved aside.

As unlikely as it would be, I'd like to see Cominni in one of those Team Shredded Wheat with Gallagher but not with Duo Ford Focus RSeseses.