Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2139462)   #26
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
more questions than answers...
strange that they will race DP01s one last time. that don't make sense to me. CC teams have to prep two cars for the first part of the year, one of which they recieved last week or not yet. this is going to be a very wierd year, if nothing else.

at least the 500 should be good.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2139468)   #27
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not a whole lot that was new.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:32 (Ref:2139471)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nope
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:48 (Ref:2139484)   #29
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kalkhoven looks like he should have been cast in Lord Of The Rings
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:52 (Ref:2139489)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that was a pile of nothing, punctuated by grinding sound quality!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 27 Feb 2008 at 18:57.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2139494)   #31
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i thought something was wrong with my stereo.
thank God i wasn't the only one.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 19:05 (Ref:2139510)   #32
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, so, nothing new.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2139583)   #33
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bah
Old 27 Feb 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2139634)   #34
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah one thing I did remember was that tony george said all of the historical records and intellectual property of champcar had been purchased. Champcar had the rights to and all tv footage to every CART race dating back to 1979, so hopefully that will be preserved and cared for future generations.

Plus it looks like a lot of the safety team is being incorporated into the irl, which is a good thing.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 03:38 (Ref:2139843)   #35
lnin0
Rookie

lnin0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First I don't see why they would run LB unless someone is putting a gun to their head. What is the point? If you are a CC team not going to the IRL you are not coming out for one race. If you are a CC team in the IRL why do you want to give up oval track time with the IRL car to run LB one last time in dead end car and 10 driver grid? Its a worthless distraction that does nothing postive for the new 'unified' sport.

As a fan I know I will stick around but they need more than the few hold over fans from IRL and CC. If they don't start making the most of every moment they get in the spotlight I can't see this lasting too much longer.

And stop thinking 09 is the year it will happen. As fans we know 09 will hopefully see the real improvements. But ready or not the public is going to turn open wheeled racing on THIS year. 08 is the 'unified' premier of open wheel racing and if they turn it on and don't like what they see don't count on them being back in 09. Part of being a good promoter is knowing how and when to make a great first impression.

Personally I think they should have done the deal and announced it is signed for 09; then let CC drags its way through the 08 season as a farwell - it was pretty much planned anyway. Then in 09 unify as planned and when the media spotlight shines you are ready to come out swining.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 07:03 (Ref:2139895)   #36
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been a big IRL fan at all.

But for me it goes a long way that the IRL is going to buy the CCWS history and it seems recognise the race winners and series champions as just that.

Do I like the racing in the IRL at the moment, not really. Needs a new formula for mine. But I'm willing to keep an eye on it and realise Tony George seems to be carrying on the CCWS under the Indycar Banner so to speak.

He could have thrown the history under the bus but seems he isn't. That does go a long way with me.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2139898)   #37
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
Ah one thing I did remember was that tony george said all of the historical records and intellectual property of champcar had been purchased. Champcar had the rights to and all tv footage to every CART race dating back to 1979, so hopefully that will be preserved and cared for future generations.

Plus it looks like a lot of the safety team is being incorporated into the irl, which is a good thing.

WOW mountainstar saying something positive about IRL!!

Really a historical day!
Old 28 Feb 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2139899)   #38
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh and about the press conference, hearing nothing new was the best option: they just confirmed what was expected, every surprise would have been negative.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:36 (Ref:2140005)   #39
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well that was a pile of nothing, punctuated by grinding spelling quality!
Just like one of your posts.