Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3582068)   #51
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I at least hope that all the events that "came to light" after his death get ignored, I dispise people that come out of the woodwork with claims once the person is not able to defend themselves, especially when the events are already 30+ years old...
Surely thats the only reason they were interested in making the series?

I certainly don't expect the series to make much mention about race wins at Bathurst beyond adding background colour to the show......
Old 14 Oct 2015, 04:30 (Ref:3582667)   #52
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine it will be very tacky.

WILL they show Marlboro signs on the cars or will these be blurred out also
Old 17 Oct 2015, 08:24 (Ref:3583520)   #53
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy enough to make the 'Marlboro' name look like 'Marlbara' therefore no direct link to smoking. Been done before.

I doubt there'll be too much racing action. It'll probably focus more on the stuff behind the scenes. Cheaper and easier to do.
Old 17 Oct 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3583536)   #54
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An reasonable attempt at an Aussie racing movie.

http://youtu.be/EX_gQb-N-f0
Old 19 Oct 2015, 07:23 (Ref:3584040)   #55
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame that half way through the series they will have to change lead actors (which will apparently be OK as they will have nominated a spare in the opening credits...)
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 19 Oct 2015, 10:26 (Ref:3584061)   #56
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Shame that half way through the series they will have to change lead actors (which will apparently be OK as they will have nominated a spare in the opening credits...)
But will they break the ratings record in the last episode?
Old 19 Oct 2015, 11:30 (Ref:3584070)   #57
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If this is an issue, then hopefully it will make mention at Bathurst in 1987, every European team was shuffling drivers around between cars - to the point where nobody could work out which works BMW drivers were in which M3 - and yet Brock still beat them all
Old 20 Oct 2015, 04:43 (Ref:3584264)   #58
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
An reasonable attempt at an Aussie racing movie.

http://youtu.be/EX_gQb-N-f0
The guys that raced bikes on the mountain at the Easter bike meet must have been mental. Did I see Peter Graves in that clip ???
Old 20 Oct 2015, 21:17 (Ref:3584426)   #59
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
The guys that raced bikes on the mountain at the Easter bike meet must have been mental. Did I see Peter Graves in that clip ???
Yes, the one and only.

I guess if there is a lesson to be drawn from that movie is never park your Combi van at the end of Conrod Straight.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 23:19 (Ref:3584456)   #60
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I so miss bikes and outfits at Bat-hurst!

Also in the clip is John Mellion and is that a pimply faced Greg Grainger standing behind the lead actors?
Old 7 Nov 2015, 22:05 (Ref:3588880)   #61
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting story in today's paper that ex wife Michelle Downes plans to sue Channel 10 if the don't show the abuse she allegedly suffered at Brock's hands in the show.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 22:11 (Ref:3588882)   #62
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and so the decent into a total debacle begins...........

Too many fingers in that pie for the truth to be told in a manner that pleases everybody.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3671848)   #63
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Trailer out:
https://www.facebook.com/channelten/?fref=nf

It looks very good but the saucy storyline, and apparent lack of input from the Brock family bother me, but it is TV drama after all.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3671859)   #64
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lack of input from the Brock family may aim it closer to some alleged truths*. There was chatter that the family, or at least those managing the estate, had asked for certain things to be removed from the plot line. Whether they were fact or fiction, who really knows?

*FWIW, I care very little for what went on in Mr Brock's private life. We've all heard the rumors, the counter-claims, etc. I'm only interested in the racing side of things.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3671864)   #65
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Lack of input from the Brock family may aim it closer to some alleged truths*. There was chatter that the family, or at least those managing the estate, had asked for certain things to be removed from the plot line. Whether they were fact or fiction, who really knows?

*FWIW, I care very little for what went on in Mr Brock's private life. We've all heard the rumors, the counter-claims, etc. I'm only interested in the racing side of things.
I'm with you, but this isn't for us. This is made-for-tv-drama. So it needs drama.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 12:35 (Ref:3671866)   #66
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I tend to agree, although i have some interest in the "business" component especially around the bust up re polariser and HDT (although you may have included that under the racing sided)
Old 12 Sep 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3671868)   #67
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I tend to agree, although i have some interest in the "business" component especially around the bust up re polariser and HDT (although you may have included that under the racing sided)
Best Brock comment ever, asked him about this period and with a wry smile he said "Yeah I might have been working a bit too closely with fibreglass at the time" and winked at me.

There's a reason he is so beloved by the fans, I can't imagine how many times he's been asked **** like that.

Also: polariser wasn't really the big part of the breakup as you might think.

It was when Brock went overseas and tried to sell the Brock Director (with Opel IRS) to other countries that GM got into Holden about it and everything fell apart.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3671872)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I'm with you, but this isn't for us. This is made-for-tv-drama. So it needs drama.
Purists will probably scoff at it for the most part. But the fringe enthusiasts will lap it up nonetheless.
Old 12 Sep 2016, 12:46 (Ref:3671873)   #69
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Purists will probably scoff at it for the most part. But the fringe enthusiasts will lap it up nonetheless.
I'll be watching for sure, I'll probably **** and moan... But at least someone is spending money, and it seems taking a lot of care, to make a telemovie about someone and something that I care about.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 07:25 (Ref:3672038)   #70
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with you Mixer.

Having seen the trailer, I think it might have helped if they cast someone who actually looked like him...
Old 13 Sep 2016, 12:28 (Ref:3672079)   #71
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better than Home and Away SURELY.
Old 10 Oct 2016, 00:03 (Ref:3678787)   #72
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting yarn.

Did Bevo really name her son Brock?
And then change his name to that of her ex-husband???

Too much racing to appeal to the gossip lovers.
Too much gossip to appeal to the racing lovers.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 10 Oct 2016, 02:49 (Ref:3678815)   #73
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Interesting yarn.

Did Bevo really name her son Brock?
And then change his name to that of her ex-husband???

Too much racing to appeal to the gossip lovers.
Too much gossip to appeal to the racing lovers.
Unfortunately I had no electricity last night so I didn't watch it but the answer to both your questions is "yes".
Old 10 Oct 2016, 02:51 (Ref:3678818)   #74
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
As a Fordie, the best thing I have watched on PB, was on a bus trip to Bathurst man years ago. I don't really need to know about his personal life, and ppl saying this and that,
TO me Pete was the opposition in a red and white car , but he could drive, and when Pete , Moff and a couple of others went O/S with a commy and took to the Europeans , this proved , beyond doubt he was one of best steerers.

I live in Melb in the 70's and heard a lot , and media story's, but like all, media, one side , glamorise, Maybe he was , maybe he wasn't , I cant comment as I didn't know him personally.

So make of it what you will
Arrrrgh! but did you know Moff offered him the Ford drive when he wanted to "manage" rather than drive Fords?
Old 10 Oct 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3678820)   #75
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
Part 1 - the Cars were the Stars...otherwise the production was way too shallow and crass, bordering on disrespectful to all those involved