Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 22 Sep 2015, 01:14 (Ref:3575896)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DId I managed to get one of my tracks done?

Now that is public I can finally post!

http://www.caribbeanracingseries.com/track/

First pic its my original dream, second a little more detail, third it's the official submited to FIA drawn by a real architect, not a charlatan like me

My fingers are crossed....
As you will see, it's pretty small, because it's made in a parking lot, the surface of the actual track, it's going to have new asphalt, there are lots of barriers and stuff, I tried to designed the most possible run offs, in the limited space, because I want it to be motorcycle friendly, I may race myself on this track, I hope I do!
Attached Thumbnails
promo.jpg   CRS_Top_View.png   CRS_MEASURES.png  

planos.jpg  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 22 Sep 2015 at 01:22.
Old 22 Sep 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3576195)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Massive Congratulations on finally getting this done.
I know from our discussions over the years how hard it's been to try and get some of the circuit ideas off the ground.
But to get one now is superb very well done

Old 23 Sep 2015, 04:13 (Ref:3576241)   #3
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Thank you, it still hasn't happened, but at least I did all I could to help.

The track it's a temporary circuit inside the parking of the coliseum.

It's one mile a lap, I had to use some of the actual road, the curve close to the coliseum it's a paved road, the rest I pretty much used the space the best I could and managed a mile of track, with a 400m long "straight"

There's going to be lots of classes of cars, maybe bikes, if this thing happens I'd be really happy. It's kind like my baby.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3576668)   #4
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic work! It looks like a great use of space - I like the inner loop, very Vallelunga-like?

Congrats on making it so far. Do you have access to a higher resolution Architects drawing? It would be nice to read the annotations and labels.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 17:45 (Ref:3576703)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think its pretty impressive you've got this far. Good luck making it a reality!

Will it be mainly for track days or will you hope to attract proper racing events too?
Old 24 Sep 2015, 19:57 (Ref:3576754)   #6
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
It will be for a one-shot-deal, a race in Oct31 where drivers from all Lat Am, Caribbean and US should come around enjoy the nice Puerto Rican weather.

The track itself was pretty much utilizing the actual parking's blunt shape, I merely followed the contour somewhat but I had to find the best place to put the "straight" also which direction and I had other designs but this one seems the best one and so the Puerto Rican racing community liked the design very much, we all know it's kind of a small track, but this may be a prelude to the next step, if this event goes well,were going to get the government's attention.
Attached Thumbnails
trackpresentation.jpg  
Old 24 Sep 2015, 20:03 (Ref:3576757)   #7
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Also, before this one, we were really looking at an old abandoned airfield that we thought it was the best alternative, I reached up to this point in planning, we got all the quotations on asphalt and everything, but then they lost the bid to the airfield and it went to some contractors hands, they will probably build a shopping mall there.

I submit my designs, since they are now public.
Attached Thumbnails
Caribbean Raceway Park Logistic.jpg   Caribbean Raceway Park dimensions top.jpg   CRS_Icon.jpg  

Caribbean Raceway Park 1.jpg   Caribbean Raceway Park perspective.jpg  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 24 Sep 2015 at 20:13.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3576776)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That sounds great, I hope it goes well. It's a shame you couldn't get the airfield, but as you say this will be a good "proof of concept". I'm guessing this be the first track of its kind in Puerto Rico?
Old 25 Sep 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3577071)   #9
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo View Post
That sounds great, I hope it goes well. It's a shame you couldn't get the airfield, but as you say this will be a good "proof of concept". I'm guessing this be the first track of its kind in Puerto Rico?

We have had a track in the 60's where the Puerto Rico Grand Prix of 1962 was done, Roger Pensky won that event, it was glorious, but I haven't even been born yet the track was lost to a housing proyect in the late 80s.

Also another track was built in the 70s I used to go to that with my Dad (rip), the track is now abandoned, it wasn't anything good, just a little square circuit with a "boot" inside.

We have also a circuit in Salinas, currently used by cars, but it's in a state of abandon and in very bad shape, also it's pretty unsafe, I lost a friend in 2006 to a wall there and since then bikes don't race anymore, it's somewhat of a dumpster, they mostly do drag racing.

Then we also have another "track" that were using again, but it's very unsafe for bikes AND cars, there's plenty of walls around, were thinking of fixing that one as an alternative.

This last two tracks were built as an afterthought, with no considerations for safety at all, the owners either didn't knew better or were wrongly advised.

The one we currently use is a karting track where we goof around in ur 1000cc bikes (crazy) but at least we don't get killed on the road.

A purpose built track in Puerto Rico has never been done, one with planned run-offs, a decent pit lane, wide enough and safe enough, we don't have a proper track here, while in Dominican Republic the DO have a decent track, even in Barbados they have "Bushy Park" which is a small track but with very high quality facilities.