Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Oct 2016, 04:49 (Ref:3680818)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Not unexpected. I wonder who will represent Volvo? From all that we've heard and read, it would appear that the local arm of the company was supportive of continuing the relationship.

It may mean that some Swedes may need to fly out here for the mediation.

A mediator is there to get the parties talking but can't make rulings or give directions on outcome, only the court can do that.
Wonder what the impact of going against the head office might be on the VCA bods....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 Oct 2016, 05:51 (Ref:3680827)   #327
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder what the impact of going against the head office might be on the VCA bods....
The exit door would beckon. Am sure all will be acutely aware of Gothenburg's position and that is the position they will push irrespective of whether they agree with it.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3680836)   #328
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
The exit door would beckon. Am sure all will be acutely aware of Gothenburg's position and that is the position they will push irrespective of whether they agree with it.
I suspect that the issue may be that as allegedly the communications from Volvo about possibly continuing and the decision some time ago to stop both involved Sweden, the employees here may not have been part of those discussions / decisions and the mediator or judge may insist that someone who was in the room takes part in the mediation process as they would have full knowledge.

Usually with legal proceedings, there is a requirement for "discovery" that requires each party to reveal internal documentation to the other party. If that is the case here, and what GRM is alleging appears to be true, it could all get fairly smelly.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 06:32 (Ref:3680837)   #329
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The bloke who did the Volvo deal originally for VCA is a Supercar employee these days..
Old 17 Oct 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3680848)   #330
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
The bloke who did the Volvo deal originally for VCA is a Supercar employee these days.
IIRC departed Volvo not long after the project went live...perhaps machinations back in 2014 led to this?
Old 17 Oct 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3680874)   #331
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unfortunately the court is following due process here but the fact remains GRM are screwed. Nothing is going to happen on the timeframe they need.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 21:11 (Ref:3680983)   #332
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And with a mediation result due by mid February. When is Clipsal?

GRM are screwed if they don't get the result they are after, and will have to have Plan B to fall back on. Trouble is, Plan B will cost money, which will then be wasted if the mediation is successful.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 21:22 (Ref:3680985)   #333
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
If nothing comes of the mediation, which is probably the most likely scenario, GRM may seek an interim ruling to maintain the status quo pending a full trial in the new year.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3680991)   #334
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
If nothing comes of the mediation, which is probably the most likely scenario, GRM may seek an interim ruling to maintain the status quo pending a full trial in the new year.
How do you force a team to keep providing engines to a series they don't want to support? A court case will help make that so, but still...
Old 17 Oct 2016, 22:20 (Ref:3680992)   #335
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
however cant take the cars away either or stop them from racing while mediation is happening
Old 17 Oct 2016, 22:48 (Ref:3680995)   #336
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
however cant take the cars away either or stop them from racing while mediation is happening
They can stop sending fresh engines here... air freight issues etc...
Old 17 Oct 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3680996)   #337
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
They can stop sending fresh engines here... air freight issues etc...
sure, can Garry do them in house though
Old 17 Oct 2016, 23:00 (Ref:3680997)   #338
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
sure, can Garry do them in house though
Rebuilds, most likely... but not development...
Old 17 Oct 2016, 23:05 (Ref:3680998)   #339
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
maybe that's enough to get through to 2018 with a new manufacturer
Old 18 Oct 2016, 11:11 (Ref:3681071)   #340
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
He has no IP, he hasn't been building the engines. He cannot continue with those engines without Cyan.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3681279)   #341
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still reckon Gary knows he won't be running Volvo's next year. More likely going for a cash settlement to help with the cost of changeover?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 19 Oct 2016, 05:16 (Ref:3681282)   #342
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I still reckon Gary knows he won't be running Volvo's next year. More likely going for a cash settlement to help with the cost of changeover?
First I think the chance of it happening is slim to nil, then if he ever were to get anything it will get drawn out, there's no way I could see him getting money in time to run anything next year or probably even the year after...
Old 1 Nov 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3684494)   #343
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The World According To Garry
Old 2 Nov 2016, 07:23 (Ref:3684689)   #344
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GRM in race against time
Old 2 Nov 2016, 19:40 (Ref:3684841)   #345
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really don't get why Garry proceeded with all this. Sure, you may be in the right, but as others have said, anything Court related is going to be a long drawn out process. Not exactly helpful when you've got a relatively tight, set in stone schedule to work to.

I just don't see the benefit I'm sorry
Old 2 Nov 2016, 23:09 (Ref:3684888)   #346
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The benefit seems to be that since GRM acknowledge that the engines belong to Polestar/Cyan and unless something changes, they will go back to Sweden at the end of the season, that team potentially have chassis with no powerplants next year.

There are ways and means of doing something differently, sourcing from WP may be an option here (the Dragon engines are apparently already WP, albeit an older spec..) inside the existing Volvo architecture.

Or they could reskin the existing fleet of 3 Volvos into Holdens.

The challenge then is the loss of financial contribution (i.e. free engines, support from Volvo Financial Services & Volvo Australia etc) from such a change. Holden isn't likely to top up the GRM budget to that same extent.

Hopefully the lords & masters in Europe acknowledge whatever Mr Rogers is saying has happened and allows another season with their support/technical assistance
Old 2 Nov 2016, 23:16 (Ref:3684890)   #347
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is this a case where everything remains as is, while there are court procedings?

Or does the contract termination still occur, regardless?
Old 2 Nov 2016, 23:35 (Ref:3684895)   #348
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Is this a case where everything remains as is, while there are court procedings?

Or does the contract termination still occur, regardless?
I pity the blokes and blokeettes charged with repo-ing the engines...
Old 3 Nov 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3685032)   #349
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully the lords & masters in Europe acknowledge whatever Mr Rogers is saying has happened and allows another season with their support/technical assistance
Despite a contract saying otherwise?

Hopefully Volvo and the courts enforce the contract that GRM signed and everyone can move on.

I wonder if roles were reversed how Gary would be commenting?
Old 3 Nov 2016, 20:48 (Ref:3685122)   #350
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Despite a contract saying otherwise?

Hopefully Volvo and the courts enforce the contract that GRM signed and everyone can move on.

I wonder if roles were reversed how Gary would be commenting?
I'm sorry thats an A Hole comment, hoping that a big multinational company can bring a a small Australian comment to its knees

you dont even know whats in the contract but you are happy to pass opinion. based on the one little titbit that you have