Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Sep 2016, 19:29 (Ref:3672390)   #126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
gettin' pumped up.
I'll be there at the crack-a-dawn Wed. to get my tix from will call and get shuffled around while they figure out how to start letting everyone in the gates.
Last year, they handed everyone these red tickets with numbers on them and made all the cars go across the street to Lanier. Once the RVs were inside they let us start piling through the gates. I never found a use for the red ticket they told me to take.

It's because people were trying to jump in the gaps in the line in previous years. The line usually starts Sunday morning, i was there at 230 last year and was 90th in line, end of the second to last row before they started the lines at will call. Two years ago i woke to cars behind me that weren't there the night before, believe they were sent to Lanier to wait their turn. Hopefully no problems this year and we have our usual spot.
Think I'll email Joyce this evening and get mine at will call Sat, looks like the rain they forecast earlier is pushed back so classic cars, even though the entry list is tiny, and baby open wheel on my Sat agenda
Old 14 Sep 2016, 23:53 (Ref:3672435)   #127
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just got confirmation that I have Wed-Fri off... with pay! I'll say I'll be there at 10am on Wednesday. Y'all know what that means.
Old 14 Sep 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3672438)   #128
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's refreshing to see the lightheartedness in this thread compared to the constant whining and negativity in the standard IMSA threads.
Yup, hence the ridiculous cfb thread in Parc Ferme. This forum used to be filled with knowledgeable people that were excited about the sport. Their still here but don't 'speak' much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
From Joyce at Road ATL (sent her an email about it):
Hi Jeremy,
We have the tickets now and are frantically trying to get them filled. You should be fine since you live in Athens! The postal service certainly can get from Braselton to Athens in a couple days! We will mail them to you ASAP.
Thanks,
Joyce
They may have to airboat a ticket to joeb. What's the rate on swamp deliveries these days?
One of these days I'm going to send Joyce flowers instead of a letter.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 00:13 (Ref:3672440)   #129
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
One of these days I'm going to send Joyce flowers instead of a letter.
I wonder if you can make a flower bouquet of your letters...

Quote:
Just got confirmation that I have Wed-Fri off... with pay! I'll say I'll be there at 10am on Wednesday. Y'all know what that means.
Nice!

Yup. And I'll be there well after you've "cooled" down from leveling the camper.

Honestly, I may start coming back on Wednesday if imsa had some sessions on Wednesday, but fall is also known as "absolute bonkers" season with the kids. Feel like 1 more night helping out goes a long way with corporate. That and my bed is nicer and smell better longer than the rest of you. Well, that's open for debate.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3672441)   #130
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Wahoo! Party on.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3672442)   #131
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It's because people were trying to jump in the gaps in the line in previous years. The line usually starts Sunday morning, i was there at 230 last year and was 90th in line, end of the second to last row before they started the lines at will call. Two years ago i woke to cars behind me that weren't there the night before, believe they were sent to Lanier to wait their turn. Hopefully no problems this year and we have our usual spot.
Think I'll email Joyce this evening and get mine at will call Sat, looks like the rain they forecast earlier is pushed back so classic cars, even though the entry list is tiny, and baby open wheel on my Sat agenda
Ain't that a B? No rain til someone wants to take their classic car for a spin
Old 15 Sep 2016, 00:17 (Ref:3672443)   #132
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
From Joyce at Road ATL (sent her an email about it):
Hi Jeremy,
We have the tickets now and are frantically trying to get them filled. You should be fine since you live in Athens! The postal service certainly can get from Braselton to Athens in a couple days! We will mail them to you ASAP.
Thanks,
Joyce
They may have to airboat a ticket to joeb. What's the rate on swamp deliveries these days?

They can be a drag and depressing, so I try to steer clear and/or not participate. I've got enough going on...
Mail used to be crap here, but since the flood it is almost nonexistent. It too 7 days to get something to BR from Lafayette. That is about 50 miles.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3672445)   #133
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Mail used to be crap here, but since the flood it is almost nonexistent. It too 7 days to get something to BR from Lafayette. That is about 50 miles.
Yeah. Might I suggest Will Call for you unless you've already received them?
Old 15 Sep 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3672448)   #134
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Emailed tonight to check on mine and confirm my early entry pass. Hopefully I know tomorrow and feel more comfortable. Be nice if everyone acknowledged it was our space and I'd leave some hay bales and stuff this weekend to mark it. But figure I'll be there mid-day to take my time and set up in a leisurely manner with a cigar and watch the Conti guys who want the test day practice. Sucks no Lambo ST this year though. I'm hoping for an LMP3 test with the IMSA Lites, doubt it but it would be a nice surprise to see.

Any word from Eric/Meg, Tony or Thomas for this year?
Old 15 Sep 2016, 01:30 (Ref:3672456)   #135
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Wahoo! Party on.
Yeah, huge relief! I was really worried I'd miss my 15th!
Old 15 Sep 2016, 01:31 (Ref:3672458)   #136
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Emailed tonight to check on mine and confirm my early entry pass. Hopefully I know tomorrow and feel more comfortable. Be nice if everyone acknowledged it was our space and I'd leave some hay bales and stuff this weekend to mark it. But figure I'll be there mid-day to take my time and set up in a leisurely manner with a cigar and watch the Conti guys who want the test day practice. Sucks no Lambo ST this year though. I'm hoping for an LMP3 test with the IMSA Lites, doubt it but it would be a nice surprise to see.

Any word from Eric/Meg, Tony or Thomas for this year?
Errbody is coming. Even UA Friday night.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 02:45 (Ref:3672468)   #137
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Errbody is coming. Even UA Friday night.
Alright! I've heard this before and will believe UA will be there when I sees him.

Now if we can convince Rod and my brother to come.....
Old 15 Sep 2016, 03:21 (Ref:3672475)   #138
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Alright! I've heard this before and will believe UA will be there when I sees him.

Now if we can convince Rod and my brother to come.....
I'll get him there.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3672580)   #139
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Know I've heard lots of stories involving UA but don't think I've met him yet.
Old 15 Sep 2016, 16:36 (Ref:3672586)   #140
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Know I've heard lots of stories involving UA but don't think I've met him yet.
You'd recall it.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 03:30 (Ref:3672951)   #141
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
The camper is going up and tomorrow and will come down 9/24. Any beverage request must be submitted prior to that date.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3673031)   #142
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And the verdict is NO grass took, but the straw is still there. Joeb's levees are starting to fade though.
And the dirt flat-hatters left their mark, track is black with rubber
Old 17 Sep 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3673252)   #143
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
F4 is a pretty cool event, missed the starts but they run a standing start. Good racing and they make a good noise from the HPD 2.0.

Our spot was stolen by a couple of flat-landers but they don't come for Petit. Drunken postman sighting but did get some news from him. Tickets were UPS'd out yesterday so expect them soon.

Additional FYI, especially for joeb or any other travelers, gas is already running out in Atlanta and it's going to get worse for a couple weeks. Passed 6 stations already with blanks on the price signs and bagged pumps. Apparently it burst in western Alabama and could take a few weeks for 'normal' service. It impacts the whole East coast but GA, AL, NC and SC are supposed to be the biggest hit.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3673254)   #144
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
F4 is a pretty cool event, missed the starts but they run a standing start. Good racing and they make a good noise from the HPD 2.0.

Our spot was stolen by a couple of flat-landers but they don't come for Petit. Drunken postman sighting but did get some news from him. Tickets were UPS'd out yesterday so expect them soon.

Additional FYI, especially for joeb or any other travelers, gas is already running out in Atlanta and it's going to get worse for a couple weeks. Passed 6 stations already with blanks on the price signs and bagged pumps. Apparently it burst in western Alabama and could take a few weeks for 'normal' service. It impacts the whole East coast but GA, AL, NC and SC are supposed to be the biggest hit.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and fill up when I can south of Atlanta.
Old 17 Sep 2016, 23:12 (Ref:3673257)   #145
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Go far south, I'm 25 miles outside the city to the south and most of the stations here are dry already.

Also, thinking about firing up the dehydrator and maybe smoker next weekend, any interest in some smoked or whiskey jerky? Beef not deer, or some Louisiana mystery meat.
Old 18 Sep 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3673688)   #146
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's impossible to predict weather this far out, but I'm diggin' what this looks like at the moment.

Old 18 Sep 2016, 15:33 (Ref:3673709)   #147
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Was hesitant to post or think about it too much, superstitious baseball guy, but the rain today and next weekend make me feel a little better. Too much nice weather in a row makes me feel like we'd be punished for it later.

Plus the grass at the track is seriously brown and crisp, need some rain to keep the dust down and soften everything up a bit.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 01:41 (Ref:3673895)   #148
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Quote:
Go far south, I'm 25 miles outside the city to the south and most of the stations here are dry already.
There's a "state of emergency" in GA already and it's more than the ATL; try North GA and soon to be Eastern seaboard, if they don't get their $hit fixed. We're seeing some hiked prices and I've already heard of some shortages over here. The Colonial Pipeline runs right through Athens (right behind where my boys play soccer, actually). They've got a week and a half to have something back to "normal". If not, no one is going anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I know it's impossible to predict weather this far out, but I'm diggin' what this looks like at the moment.

Quote:
Was hesitant to post or think about it too much, superstitious baseball guy, but the rain today and next weekend make me feel a little better. Too much nice weather in a row makes me feel like we'd be punished for it later.

Plus the grass at the track is seriously brown and crisp, need some rain to keep the dust down and soften everything up a bit.
Until today, even the freaking Kudzu was welting around here. Those temps look a little warm, but I'll take dry then, with lower 80s over 90s and rain from now until then.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3673896)   #149
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
The camper is going up and tomorrow and will come down 9/24. Any beverage request must be submitted prior to that date.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 01:46 (Ref:3673897)   #150
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Y'all are scaring me about fuel now. Would it make a difference if I took 59 to 285 instead of coming from the south and taking 85 through ATL?

Or should I just bring my 2 5 gallon cans?