Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 May 2000, 07:38 (Ref:5204)   #1
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm back from my little trip under the channel to Le Mans for the practice day (Sunday 30th), the weather was fantastic.

Unfortunately it wasn't a good day for the Brits, both the Harrier and Ascari teams have been 'not invited to race'. The Harrier looked very poorly and didn't complete a full race speed lap as far as I could see. The Ascari was going well in the morning session but half way through the afternoon session the car ground to a halt in the pit entry road and had to be taken away on a flatbed truck.

The 3 Audi cars were a lot quicker than everyone else (there was no official timing so all we had to go on was our own stopwatch and the tannoy announced the times provided by the teams themselves).

The Cadillacs and 'Vettes made a glorious noise (and so did the Safety cars which this year are some mean looking Caddy Sevilles).

In the GT2 class the Vipers and 'Vettes were pretty even on times, but the Vipers have strength in numbers.

The LMP2/LM675 class cars were running laps just slightly quicker than the GT2 cars.

Nothing much has changed at the circuit, the crumbling old stands are still there despite rumours they are to be bulldozed this year. I was surprised at the size of the crowd, several of the grandstands were full and there were plenty of people milling about.
Old 2 May 2000, 23:28 (Ref:5207)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the link...

Very good grid of prototypes, but the GT's are a bit disapointing - only Porsches, Vipers and Corvettes present!!! Not even a Lister Storm...

Also, no Ferrari's!!
Old 3 May 2000, 07:27 (Ref:5205)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So do we now have a full entry list???

I'd be interested to see it..
Old 3 May 2000, 08:58 (Ref:5206)   #4
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan,

Check out either
http://www.sportscarworld.com
or http://www.lemans.org

Both sites have the entry list.
Old 3 May 2000, 16:23 (Ref:5208)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I think the GT categories have been 'spoiled' by the fact that the Vipers are so good, it takes a huge factory effort like the 'Vettes to be competitive. The old air-cooled 911's are well off the pace.
Old 5 May 2000, 20:24 (Ref:5209)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just seen the list of competitors and does anyone know why there are no Ferrari's entered?
Old 8 May 2000, 08:21 (Ref:5210)   #7
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I believe the team (Risi?) which was going to enter the 333SP decided to withdraw as they felt they would be uncompetetive.

The Steve O'rourke 550 Maranello wasn't ready in time (I think).
Old 8 May 2000, 08:22 (Ref:5211)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Apologies for posting twice.

[This message has been edited by Guy Humpage (edited 08 May 2000).]