Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2765026)   #1
teammoda
Racer

teammoda has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dennis`s remark to Horner

On the BBC forum program Christian Horner said that whilst on the grid before the race Ron Dennis warned Horner about Vettal and Webber having contact with other cars during the race.Why is it Dennis has to get s****y when Mclarens backs are against the wall?......Ironically Webber came out better with he`s contact with Lewis,wonder what Ron thought of that!
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:14 (Ref:2765029)   #2
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i guess ron is more than aware that unlike the built like a bus suspension on the red bulls and ferraris the mclaren is more like a peace of bone china, and he was actually pleeding with horner not to let his drivers get anywhere near the mclaren.

maybe it would be better if mclaren made some slightly stronger nascar spec suspension for hamiltons car.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2765035)   #3
teammoda
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
i guess ron is more than aware that unlike the built like a bus suspension on the red bulls and ferraris the mclaren is more like a peace of bone china, and he was actually pleeding with horner not to let his drivers get anywhere near the mclaren.

maybe it would be better if mclaren made some slightly stronger nascar spec suspension for hamiltons car.
Yes well observed this must have been the basis for Dennis`s remark,but what a concern for Mclaren knowing that fighting for track space will normally see them coming off second best,not good at this stage of the championship.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2765038)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tongue in cheek comment and a bit of banter between two head honchos of teams? Everything doesn't have to be serious you know.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2765045)   #5
teammoda
Racer

Further to this this does not bode well for Hamiltons championship at all as we have seen in the last two races.Hamilton is an out and out racer and give him inch and he will take it but with the brittle Mclaren he will always as we have seen come off worse.
Old 26 Sep 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2765046)   #6
teammoda
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
Tongue in cheek comment and a bit of banter between two head honchos of teams? Everything doesn't have to be serious you know.
Didnt come over as that with Horner.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 04:31 (Ref:2765219)   #7
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being an out-and-out racer is one thing, but initiating contact is another, and kind of defeats the purpose.

Last edited by Splatz the Cow; 27 Sep 2010 at 04:32. Reason: Deleted OT stuff.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 10:03 (Ref:2765356)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teammoda View Post
Didnt come over as that with Horner.
I thought it did, just a bit of banter between equals.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 10:06 (Ref:2765359)   #9
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't see it, but I'm struggling to imagine Ron Dennis smile, let alone indulge in light-hearted banter.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2765369)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who mentioned smiling or lighthearted?
Old 27 Sep 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2765427)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post

Given that there is generally "a bit" of contact in racing, you would think the designers would build in some redundancy for contact.
It is ironic that Newey's car which are considered on "the edge" seem quite robust in wheel to wheel contact situations.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2765438)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I didn't see it, but I'm struggling to imagine Ron Dennis smile, let alone indulge in light-hearted banter.
Rumour has it he smashed his head through one of the monitors in the garage.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2765465)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Given that there is generally "a bit" of contact in racing, you would think the designers would build in some redundancy for contact.
It is ironic that Newey's car which are considered on "the edge" seem quite robust in wheel to wheel contact situations.
Don't forget, the reason Lewis' wheel came of at Monza was due to the tyre-to-tyre contact. That didn't happen at Signapore.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 12:48 (Ref:2765468)   #14
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Rumour has it he smashed his head through one of the monitors in the garage.
Could be an easier way to get your head on TV....
Old 27 Sep 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2765532)   #15
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think the Macca is particularly brittle, and I'm surprised there is any allusion to it. Hamilton had two races where he had the 'misfortune' to contact another car in a way that there suspention was hit at its strongest and his the weakest. I think EJ's comments on a fragile car were more tongue in cheek, but everyone seems to have picked it up and run with it.

The Red Bull didn't seem hugely resilient when Vettel and Webber got up close and personal in Turkey!
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2765653)   #16
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
O contrare. Remember at Barce when Vettel had a damaged car and was asked to take it easy and avoid the kerbs. Well being the numbnuts that he is, he only backed off by about a second, and still continued to smash across every kerb he could find. Amazingly the car didn't break and he made it home. I think that RBR is designed pretty well. But then it would have to be with Vettel and Webber as drivers.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2766118)   #17
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatz the Cow View Post
O contrare. Remember at Barce when Vettel had a damaged car and was asked to take it easy and avoid the kerbs. Well being the numbnuts that he is, he only backed off by about a second, and still continued to smash across every kerb he could find. Amazingly the car didn't break and he made it home. I think that RBR is designed pretty well. But then it would have to be with Vettel and Webber as drivers.
I think it was brake problems that Vettel had at Barcelona. That is why he had to back off and let the car's drag slow him down at the braking zones.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2768869)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Didn't he switch Eddie's mic off at Silverstone?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2768931)   #19
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Being an out-and-out racer is one thing, but initiating contact is another, and kind of defeats the purpose.
I see your point with the whole monza incident but Webber hitinh him at the rear was kind of out of his hands IMO.

Another point worth mentioning, hamilton had a puncture, his suspention wasn't damaged in the contact.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 19:52 (Ref:2769391)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Hamilton wasn't at fault, webber didn't heed the position, which is expected, but Hammy said after the incident that it wasn't webs fault. I don't think the car is fragile, not more so than any other F1 car on the grid. He got punted across the track and curbing, that did enough to end his race. But you gotta give credit to Hammy, he went to pass instead of 'follow the leader' like you see a lot of other drivers do. This is why I rate him so highly, he'll give you what you want, passing. Come to expect it of him, most of the time it gets done.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2770634)   #21
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Hamilton wasn't at fault, webber didn't heed the position, which is expected, but Hammy said after the incident that it wasn't webs fault. I don't think the car is fragile, not more so than any other F1 car on the grid. He got punted across the track and curbing, that did enough to end his race. But you gotta give credit to Hammy, he went to pass instead of 'follow the leader' like you see a lot of other drivers do. This is why I rate him so highly, he'll give you what you want, passing. Come to expect it of him, most of the time it gets done.
hahaha..... Webber didnt "heed he position"?
HE DIDNT HAVE TO!!!! The fact that you then go on the say Webber was expected to is just laughable.
Hamilton was trying to pass Webber, he coulnt make it stick. Thats his fault.

On heeding the position, apart from Ferraris No,2 drivers, i dont know any racer that would heed a position.

'Oh, i can see him in my mirrors, yeap he's getting close, might just let him past me with out a fight eh?'

Pffffffftttt......
Old 7 Oct 2010, 02:59 (Ref:2770647)   #22
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwell View Post
HE DIDNT HAVE TO!!!! The fact that you then go on the say Webber was expected to is just laughable.

On heeding the position, apart from Ferraris No,2 drivers, i dont know any racer that would heed a position.

'Oh, i can see him in my mirrors, yeap he's getting close, might just let him past me with out a fight eh?'

Pffffffftttt......
Yet some were blaming Heikki for the accident Mark caused at Valencia when Mark seemingly expected Heikki to not want to dice for position and melt away into the background to let Mark pass at the first opportunity.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 06:45 (Ref:2770686)   #23
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwell View Post

Pffffffftttt......
Couldn't agree with you more..

Heikki is just scenery, not in the race at all!

Maybe one day, with a different driver..
Old 8 Oct 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2771278)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If he finished the race, doesn't this actually prove that Seb, aka, numbnuts, was right to carry on as he did? Surely, had he not finished, then, only then would he be considered a numbnuts?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2771289)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
If he finished the race, doesn't this actually prove that Seb, aka, numbnuts, was right to carry on as he did? Surely, had he not finished, then, only then would he be considered a numbnuts?
I'm with Splatz's 'numbnuts'. He got lucky......

Banter.

What would we do without some good banter to dissect and distil into conspiracy and controversy here......?