Sutil 0 0%
Kubica 2 1.48%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:40 (Ref:2772395)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race : Japanese GP

Driver of the race...
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:44 (Ref:2772401)   #2
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi, no contest!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2772402)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Vettel was dominant but I have to give it to the Japanese Gilles Villeneuve.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2772403)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kobi made it remotely exciting. Has to be him. Brilliant racer.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:46 (Ref:2772404)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi, simply brilliant.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2772408)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kobayashi.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:52 (Ref:2772411)   #7
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi aggression wins him my selection once again
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2772412)   #8
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Kobayashi.
This might be the first unanimous DotR.

Can you imagine what he'd do driving for one of the top teams?
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2772413)   #9
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi was awesome but I feel his aggression will catch him out soon, that car must be built like a tank
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:55 (Ref:2772415)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi

100% of the votes so far, with 15.

Idiot of the race- Alguersuari.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:57 (Ref:2772420)   #11
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, has to be Kobayashi - he was insane!
Old 10 Oct 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2772423)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post

My thoughts exactly.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 08:07 (Ref:2772432)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kobayashi, with Hamilton next.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2772478)   #14
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kob.

Boring race made a little better with some wasabi driving
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2772483)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis, until stopped with more problems. Kobayashi? maybe wrong, always thought a top racer being a drver who proceeded at the fastest pace over a given distance, obtaining from and exhibiting 100% car control at 10/10ths without causing immedeate danger to those around him. Sorry just can not see the kamikasi pilot in that league. Ever.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:49 (Ref:2772493)   #16
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Kobayashi? maybe wrong, always thought a top racer being a drver who proceeded at the fastest pace over a given distance, obtaining from and exhibiting 100% car control at 10/10ths without causing immedeate danger to those around him
I think you're confusing 'racer' with something else. Maybe rally or hillclimb driver? The goal of circuit racing is to get in front of as many other people as possible, regardless of raw pace.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2772501)   #17
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgms320 View Post

yes: exactly the same as the drivers in the top teams are doing now. When you're in a top team, you have to make a mess of qualifying if you want to go through traffic like he did today.
Just think of it, if you're on pole, the only passing for position you will do will happen when you messed it up.

Kobayashi is my driver of the race too, but he'd be just as boring or exciting as the Vettels or Hamiltons of the field if he'd been in a seat like that.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2772502)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kobayashi. Special mention for M. Schumacher.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2772504)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm View Post
always thought a top racer being a drver who proceeded at the fastest pace over a given distance, obtaining from and exhibiting 100% car control at 10/10ths without causing immedeate danger to those around him.
Rules out quite a few that, doesn't it.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2772540)   #20
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Rules out quite a few that, doesn't it.
Maybe, rubbing door handles in tin tops or sports cars is one thing, in open wheelers? one wonders if drivers would be as quick to, if the the cars were not so infinitely almost 'bomb' proof; Thankfully.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 11:48 (Ref:2772549)   #21
Lam Pak
Veteran

Lam Pak has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
koba take you over ...
Old 10 Oct 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2772554)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A suggestion

To make this thread a bit more interesting and involve a bit of debate, how about showing the names of who voted for whom?

That way, we can see who voted for the unlikely suspects (like Webber for instance) and ask them why. Webber made a good recovery from a bad start, but driver of the race? Then we can debate it with that person. Someone has also voted for Kubica, which must be a joke (unless they are commenting on his weekend's performance as far as he got). Again, it would help provoke discussion if we knew who everyone has voted for.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2772582)   #23
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi only just beat his much less experienced (in this car) teammate, so in terms of the result it's not stand-out. So for me it has to be Vettel. Did what he had to do to win, and is in a much stronger position in the championship now as a result.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2772586)   #24
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Good vote. Vettel has found something recently, and seems happy and cheerful again.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2772601)   #25
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by safc_fan89 View Post
Kobayashi only just beat his much less experienced (in this car) teammate, so in terms of the result it's not stand-out.
OK, Kobayashi knows the car but Nick Heidfeld has been in F1 for a decade. He has 169 starts compared to Kobayashi's 18, and Kobayashi started 3 or 4 places behind Heidfeld. He also had to overtake certain cars twice because of his pit strategy. I'd say that's pretty stand out to be honest.

Also I'm not saying you're wrong to vote for Vettel but... in my view a lights to flag victory doesn't really compare. I think most of the drivers on the grid could have won from Vettel's position in that car today. It was a good drive but nothing special. I think only one or two could have wrestled that Sauber up to 7th.