ace007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marussia finally signs with Bernie and seals its future

Good or bad?
Old 25 Oct 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3322870)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good for the team and the sport.

good for the team first because presumably it secures them a tiny wealth stream. good also because it increases their worth to potential buyers and investors, and also for potential drivers with some financial benefits to bring to the team.

good for the sport, because as much as the bosses want quality not quantity in the field, someone has to be last. and i seriously respect the job they're doing on not a great deal of money and resources. i think in a way, the smaller teams keep the big guys under control a little.

also, they're lead by old school engineers and racers, and it's really good to see they still exist!
Old 25 Oct 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3322897)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It must have been hard to beg for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Ecclestone
"I'd rather have 10 [teams]," Ecclestone told the Reuters news agency. "I never wanted 12.

"It's just that 10 is easier to handle, for the promoters, for transport. We'd rather have 10... so long as we don't lose Ferrari."
Old 25 Oct 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3322917)   #4
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Sorry guys, your going to have to provide a link. Has Bernie bought into the team or is it just that they've signed Concorde?
Old 25 Oct 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3322920)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's what used to be known as concorde, yeah:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110842
Old 25 Oct 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3322947)   #6
ace007
Racer

It is crucial for F1 to cover all participating teams and it is about time they signed! I still find shocking these teams came with the idea of a budget cap in 2009 and since then have to face 25M USD increase in their (already super tight) budget due to the new engine deals... Welcome to F1!
Old 25 Oct 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3322991)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a Max Mosley idea that gone wrong...
Old 26 Oct 2013, 04:55 (Ref:3323186)   #8
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 needs a strategy to make it possible for new teams to enter the sport. Most of the current teams have roots in privateer teams of 70s, 80s, and 90s, but no new privateer teams have entered the sport more recently until 2010. While I don't believe in rewarding mediocrity, some kind of reward is still necessary for teams that finish outside of top 10. Rewarding 10th place but giving nothing to 11th seems unfair.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3323454)   #9
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
It was a Max Mosley idea that gone wrong...
Sir Frank should thank small teams because they prevented his one to be the backmarkers of the field.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3323552)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Sir Frank should thank small teams because they prevented his one to be the backmarkers of the field.
Yup, but now he's trying to get rid of them before they beat him to the gold!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3323556)   #11
AS1924
Rookie

AS1924 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Yup, but now he's trying to get rid of them before they beat him to the gold!
Cant wait for next year!! Marussia with Ferrari engine, Williams with Merc... mmmm, just so much in the air! New backmarkers?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3323607)   #12
ace007
Racer

If Sirotkin is on the starting grid, you can pencil mark Sauber there...
Old 27 Oct 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3323652)   #13
FIA Stewards
Rookie

Canada
FIA Stewards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Good or bad?
Good for so many reasons.