Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2013, 23:06 (Ref:3321372)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sure, if you've only ever watched his f1 career i can see how you'd think that....
Old 21 Oct 2013, 23:16 (Ref:3321377)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
sure, if you've only ever watched his f1 career i can see how you'd think that....
Well Bella we are talking about his F1 career, and prospects here, perhaps the car just highlights what he doesn't like in a car and he would be better somewhere else.

The lack of qualifying pace though, is a major problem!

There are vey few great drivers who were not good in qualifying!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 09:12 (Ref:3321519)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
There's been quite a few great drivers who either weren't 'good' or simply concentrated on race car set up instead.

Thing with JEV is, he's not the finished article yet, well that's my take on it anyway. If he carries on the same next year then there maybe genuine reasons to start saying he's not good enough, but not yet.

That Montreal drive was a clear signal of his potential, should he be able to hone a few other aspects.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 09:57 (Ref:3321542)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as per i've said before, remember that red bull have an infinite amount more information about their drivers than we even think we have. he's still there even after two seasons struggling to produce the pace on demand in qualifying and will be next season too.

if the car stops catching fire/falling apart/displaying alfa romeo and renault build quality he'd be doing better. likewise if the team weren't putting their drivers on a split strategy to maximise the points opportunities he'd be able to produce the numbers everyone wants to see.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3321559)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
as per i've said before, remember that red bull have an infinite amount more information about their drivers than we even think we have. he's still there even after two seasons struggling to produce the pace on demand in qualifying and will be next season too.

if the car stops catching fire/falling apart/displaying alfa romeo and renault build quality he'd be doing better. likewise if the team weren't putting their drivers on a split strategy to maximise the points opportunities he'd be able to produce the numbers everyone wants to see.

Well put, a more detailed analysis of the situation!
Old 22 Oct 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3321580)   #31
thisismytruth
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
thisismytruth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Well, I guess Antonio Felix da Costa wasn't the correct answer after all...
be interesting to see what happens to AFDC now - i know he had a bit of an up and down season in FR 3.5 this year. I wonder if Red Bull will give him another shot at the FR 3.5 title in 2014 with a view to replacing either JEV or Kyvat if they dont work out at Torro Rosso...

..or if he'll get shown the door
Old 22 Oct 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3321641)   #32
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I suspect the former - Felix da Costa gets one more shot at a sub-F1 championship then is up or out.