Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Feb 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1520881)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The New Mallory Park

I knew Mallory was making a few changes over the winter, so I ambled over this morning to see what's been going on.
The first thing that you'll notice is the Diner, it's had a new ceiling, a lick of white paint & new tiles, the lovely Val tells me that by the time racing starts there will be new furniture as well. Make sure you wear sunglasses though, cos it sure is bright. The next bit of good news is that the price of Breakfast hasn't gone up, it's still £5-50 for a plateful, toast or B&B & a mug of coffee.

Venturing out onto the track, the hairpin is the same as it was on Boxing Day, - reseeded gap in the armco @ the head on point, big enough to get a bike through (and me!)

The pit road is still allegedly going to be there for cars, with a gate across, when the bikes are out - no sign yet though.

The biggest change is between posts 4 & 5, where a new chicane has been installed for the 2 wheelers, shouldn't affect the cars to much although there is quite a sharp rumble strip as you go right. The extra bit of track might be handy for leaving dead cars on (a bit like Edwinas)

I've taken some pictures & if you'd like to see for your own eyes, p.m. me & I'll email them to you.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1520906)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Put them up on The Marshals' Post and we can all take a look.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1520933)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No sooner said than done, 6 piccies have been downloaded.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1520937)   #4
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting those. Looks very interesting - have they filled in a bit of the lake as IIRC there's not much behind the inner wall at Gerrards there?
Old 12 Feb 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1520940)   #5
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a regular at Mallory,or a follower of Motorcycle racing but is that the third chicane now in place ? Has that spoilt the flow even more,or is Mallory that dangerous for bikes,it was deemed necessary
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:10 (Ref:1520995)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Yes it is the 3rd chicane & the barmy bikers will still fall off.
Last year we had 2 bike fatalities, so i suppose change was inevitable, come March 5th (EMRA) we'll find out if it works.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1520996)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
No they've not filled in any of the lake, just put up a bit of banking, reminds of the Montrael G.P a couple of years ago whemnI was about 6 feet away from the St Lawrence seaway.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:17 (Ref:1521000)   #8
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I reckon that there is a good chance that the bit of the new chicane to driver's left will catch out some car drivers.

Drifting wide on the exit you have a nice new bit of tarmac and then go at right angles onto the grass.

Regards

Jim
Old 12 Feb 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1521011)   #9
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woooo £5.50 for breakfast, I'm not surprised it hasn't gone up!!!

They put another Chicane in for the BSB's at Combe last year (By-Brook, Dodgy spelling!) Just before Camp, Lo and behold, first lap of first race I think 5 bikes went off there and Camp itself claimed a few victims as they were on the throtle rather than baking, I supose even though there were more incidents than last year they were less seriious than they could have been, allthough I do remember one rider being taken away on a spine board.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1521219)   #10
paul leedham
Racer

England
Grimsby
paul leedham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombeMarshal
Woooo £5.50 for breakfast, I'm not surprised it hasn't gone up!!!
Don't knock it till you'v tried it
Old 12 Feb 2006, 21:54 (Ref:1521326)   #11
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Up until last weekend, the ACU hadn't passed the new Mallory chicane for useage at BSB level, so it wasn't going to be eligable for clubbies.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1521351)   #12
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Im doing the 1st meeting there, which is on March 5th (EMRA) so we'll see what happens.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 23:14 (Ref:1521385)   #13
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst it was under construction it didn't look pretty, but now it's pretty near complete I think I'll get used to it. As it's only going to be used for bikes and not cars, I think it's a good idea in a way.
Although saying that, when the BMCRC/MRO come at the end of April, we won't be using it.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:07 (Ref:1522555)   #14
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

- HOW SAD!
Old 14 Feb 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1522604)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice to see that they've provided a toilet on post. Don't think I'll use it when the racing's on though. Still it'll make a change for the cooling fan to hit the brown stuff instead of the other way around.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 17:49 (Ref:1522771)   #16
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by the pictures, I presume that the flag point on the inside no longer exists?
Old 14 Feb 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1522787)   #17
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Do you mean the one we only use with the circuit is going 'The other way'?
that was lying on it's side very close to the lake, mind you the whole of the new banking on the inside is very near the lake! Doh
Old 14 Feb 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1522880)   #18
deebrief
Rookie

England
Haddenham
deebrief should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good photos, but perhaps they could leave that blue portaloo at the new Gerrards chicane, would save a long walk !!!!
Old 14 Feb 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1522896)   #19
Englishman
Rookie

England
Englishman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Nice to see that they've provided a toilet on post. Don't think I'll use it when the racing's on though. Still it'll make a change for the cooling fan to hit the brown stuff instead of the other way around.
You fool.

That toilet is for the drivers!!
Old 14 Feb 2006, 23:10 (Ref:1523014)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
To hide in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrammy
Judging by the pictures, I presume that the flag point on the inside no longer exists?
Flag post on the inside is still there (opposite 4). You may be doing what I was and thinking that chicane is in the middle of Gerards, but it's not, it's the exit where the grass infield used to be. If you look at the centre of the picture you can see the marshals' post on the outside and the flag point on the inside, reflected artistically in the lake.
Old 15 Feb 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1523522)   #21
schrammy
Racer

England
Scratby
schrammy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
To hide in?

Flag post on the inside is still there (opposite 4). You may be doing what I was and thinking that chicane is in the middle of Gerards, but it's not, it's the exit where the grass infield used to be. If you look at the centre of the picture you can see the marshals' post on the outside and the flag point on the inside, reflected artistically in the lake.
Well, well, so it is. Thanks for that, that means Post 5 gets to play with the dead cars then!

Note to self, open your eyes before the season starts
Old 15 Feb 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1523556)   #22
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Note to Schrammy, bout time you took up Observing
Old 15 Feb 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1523652)   #23
mick dickens
Racer

England
bollington
mick dickens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
new mallory

i see they have a loo for the workers are they going to leave it for us to use
Old 15 Feb 2006, 19:32 (Ref:1523667)   #24
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recalling from memory,isn't that part of the track where the local wildlife cross to the lake,the evidence being a large amount of visible first thing in the mornings Just thought I'd keep the theme going
Welcome to the Forum Mick,I think I recognise that name .
Old 15 Feb 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1523687)   #25
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm Luke, I'm 5 My dad's Bruce Lee, He drives me round in his JCB!!

Don't ask, My heads working funny!