Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jul 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3661645)   #1826
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Me too, with my kids in the 70s.
You've got kids in the seventies?????

How old are you then?
Old 28 Jul 2016, 15:36 (Ref:3661646)   #1827
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You've got kids in the seventies?????

How old are you then?
Ur a fule, Bob! But quite funny at times
Old 1 Aug 2016, 06:46 (Ref:3662769)   #1828
Neil Duke
Racer

Neil Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I must have been very sophisticated then

I also remember going to the viewing deck on the top floor of one of the car parks at Heathrow to watch planes take off & land first - different times!
Wasn't the viewing deck on the Queens building?
heathrow was a different world back then,a 24 hour city that never closed.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3662795)   #1829
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Neil, the Queen's Building was Terminal two. Built IIRC 1964.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3662801)   #1830
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dear Diary, you're outta here.
Made me laugh ,really good to see you and Kevin Friday John.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 09:20 (Ref:3662803)   #1831
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Neil, the Queen's Building was Terminal two. Built IIRC 1964.
Further back than that Peter! To quote from a history of Heathrow published at the time of the airport's 50th anniversary:

"Heathrow's first terminal, the 'Europa Building' (now Terminal 2), opened for short-haul flights on 17 April 1955; an annex called the 'Britannic' was used for BEA's domestic and European routes, and facilities for pilot debriefing, administration offices, restaurants and a spectators' viewing area were provided in the adjacent 'Queen's Building'. The London Air Traffic Control Centre transferred from Uxbridge to the newly completed tower, and all three Central Terminal Buildings were inaugurated by Her Majesty the Queen on 16 December 1955."
Old 1 Aug 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3662862)   #1832
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks John.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 05:19 (Ref:3662961)   #1833
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well while you lot were taking it easy at Silverstone Classic some of us were working hard on a road trip to the Zandvoort Oldtimer Festival.

Curate's Egg of a weekend. I was due to drive the MG Midget I towed over, but the brand new engine detonated itself after just half a lap in the hands of the owner. We were reduced to trying to drink the equivalent of his entry fee at the free bar, think we managed it as they had to restock on Sunday.

Monday down to Genk kart track for Mini MM to test his kart, I was due to drive there but he had too much to try out so I didn't manage it.

Have managed a LOT of driving though on the motorways. Currently square wheeled just outside Dunkirk, having caught 3 illegals breaking into our race shuttle during the night!

Been an exciting trip and we're still not home yet :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2016, 05:31 (Ref:3662963)   #1834
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Crikee Max that sure does sound like an eventful trip .
Old 2 Aug 2016, 06:10 (Ref:3662965)   #1835
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
"Just outside Dunkirk".... Not a good place to stop!
Old 2 Aug 2016, 06:39 (Ref:3662968)   #1836
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We are at an Aire about 30k south or so I thought, it appears not. I forgot to lock the front hatch of the trailer, they had opened that and were trying to climb in when I felt the van rocking out of time with the wind. Chased three off, Mrs MM thought there was still one in the trailer so she called Les Flics. The others came back but saw her shadow brandishing my battery drill like Magnum PI and took flight across the fields a toute vitesse! Gendarmes arrived, struggled to open the box in the rain and thankfully no one in there. All quite exciting.

Old 2 Aug 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3662970)   #1837
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Blimey Max you do lead an exciting life without even getting on the track ! Of course my life is much more hectic these days with constant touring of the beach bars watching and checking out different bands including "The Streeters" !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Aug 2016, 08:45 (Ref:3662984)   #1838
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
"Just outside Dunkirk".... Not a good place to stop!
A lesson we learnt in 1940.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3663201)   #1839
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Of course my life is much more hectic these days with constant touring of the beach bars watching and checking out different bands including "The Streeters" !
Cue Gordon posting "that picture" of him sat outside a bar in the sunshine drinking beer!
Old 3 Aug 2016, 15:25 (Ref:3663251)   #1840
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Cue Gordon posting "that picture" of him sat outside a bar in the sunshine drinking beer!
Bingo !
Attached Thumbnails
zx1 e.jpg   The Streeters.jpg  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 3 Aug 2016 at 15:31.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Aug 2016, 16:04 (Ref:3663257)   #1841
midgetman
Veteran

Thanks!
Old 3 Aug 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3663260)   #1842
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thanks!
Are you JOKING???????????????
Old 3 Aug 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3663261)   #1843
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Thanks!
and thanks that it's not one of the photos of Gordon with no clothes on
Old 3 Aug 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3663279)   #1844
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
and thanks that it's not one of the photos of Gordon with no clothes on
I can find one Tim I know you really want it for your collection :

In actual fact we are both sitting completely naked in our abode at this moment as it's "kin" hot !
Old 3 Aug 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3663280)   #1845
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Best assume yes.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3663296)   #1846
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Streeters look ok. I'm sure the young guitarist has done his 10,000 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxA5aqhgp7w

I'm also sure that Gordon's photographic skills will let us know whether the other Streeters look ok as well...

Last edited by Alan Morgan; 3 Aug 2016 at 19:17.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3663298)   #1847
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Best assume yes.

Like it says on the tin Peter.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3663299)   #1848
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
It was indeed an ironic "Thanks".

Peter - I see what you did there - nice

Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3663301)   #1849
midgetman
Veteran

Ah Bauble we appear to have cross posted!

Old 3 Aug 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3663302)   #1850
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Ah Bauble we appear to have cross posted!

Don't be cross, it happens all the time.