Old 13 Apr 2015, 15:17 (Ref:3527080)   #1
Mike Dodman
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
Mike Dodman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Book: "The Quest for Le Mans"

Hi all,
This book is sub-titled "Behind the scenes of the Peugeot Team Victory at the 24 hours of Le Mans 2009".
I bought it recently in a bookshop in Hay on Wye. I then discovered that, according to Amazon, it is a "rare and limited edition produced in collaboration with Peugeot Sport and never sold in bookshops."
This has aroused my curiosity!
How rare is "rare"?
If a "limited edition", how many were printed?
If never sold in shops, who was it given to?
My email to Peugeot UK Customer Relations resulted in a "suggest you contact Peugeot Sport in France" reply. My email to Peugeot Sport came back "don't know. Suggest you contact the book publisher."
My email to the (French) publisher remains unanswered.
(When I showed the book at my local Peugeot dealership, there were blank looks all round)
Is anyone on here a Peugeot enthusiast who knows anything about the history of this book and can answer my question as above?
Or give me any contact details for someone here in UK who may know the answers.
Thanks in anticipation.
Mike Dodman
(motorsport book collector)