Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 26 Jul 2015, 00:43 (Ref:3561061)   #1
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pickiest Land Owner Ever Challenge

This challenge is to construct a circuit on the land plot provided with the circuit being subject to the many demands of the owner.
  1. a wholly concrete surface
  2. a main circuit, of at least 3.6 mi., with at least one straight measuring at least 450 meters and a pit lane of at least 300 meters plus entry and exit, built to FIA grade 1 standard
  3. [optional] a smaller circuit, of no more than 3.3 km, and with no straight longer than 450 meters, no flat out sections of greater than 600 meters, and with a pit lane suitable for at least 30 international open wheeled cars.

Each line is good for 10 meters elevation difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Alt. Map.jpg  
Old 4 Aug 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3563785)   #2
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
anyone?
Old 4 Aug 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3563795)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't like working off topography charts, they aren't accurate enough unless scaled to 10m horizontally. Using the 100M scale shown there is a lot of room for variation, and not a lot of flat ground at 10 metre lines.

Is that a genuine location, and if so where?
Old 4 Aug 2015, 22:16 (Ref:3563807)   #4
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I don't like working off topography charts, they aren't accurate enough unless scaled to 10m horizontally. Using the 100M scale shown there is a lot of room for variation, and not a lot of flat ground at 10 metre lines.

Is that a genuine location, and if so where?
It actually is a real location, and I'll say it's a southerly island in contested territory, but not the exact place, as it is quite unreasonable.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 06:09 (Ref:3656410)   #5
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
Well, since this was stillborn, may as well show what came of it.

Presenting, Snow Hill Island Circuit. The numbers are the dimensions of the elevation map in metres.

The surface is concrete, with the long pit crossing under the track to appease SSM's officials, who are very cautious with pit-outs for their premier enduro championship. Extra fiddly areas available throughout, with the right hand side short course targeted a lower performance categories, especially the electric formula cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Snow Hill Island Circuit.jpg