Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I guess there would be pileups at T2, in lap 1 anyway

bio
I heard you on that.

I made a change, tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
february1a.jpg  
Old 12 Feb 2011, 07:00 (Ref:2829963)   #53
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Thats a great track Luiggispeed. Somewhere to really stretch your legs and get the cobwebs blown out.
The change smooths things out a little but I actually prefer the original.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2830032)   #54
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luiggi, I didn't mean that as a problem

But the edit looks just as good.

bio
Old 15 Feb 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2831709)   #55
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I prefer the original, too, but pile-ups must be avoided, so it's probably for the better. This is one great circuit. Please invent some elevation changes for it.
Old 16 Feb 2011, 00:01 (Ref:2831899)   #56
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Safety first folks, aesthetically, the first version looks better to my eye too, but bio pointed out something that is priority, many people will be glad after all.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2832755)   #57
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
February 3rd track

Krakatoa Park in Australia.
5.9 Km main loop
820 mt main stright
22 corners
2 loops available

The principal feature is it's wide open character , sort of like Qatar, where you can quit thinking and still hit nothing, its a speed circuit, most turns are wide radiused, the esses are smooth, a flowing section to leave your competition in the dust if taken properly. 22 corners counted but some are multi apexed so there really is less direction changes than that.

Its a little different from my usual intestinal ,geometric tracks, we don't had a problem here with open, unused space, that's for the people to walk around and camp out where they like, as long as they stay inside the safety perimeter.
Attached Thumbnails
Krakatoa Park.jpg   Krakatoa Park1.jpg   Krakatoa Park2.jpg  

Old 17 Feb 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2832803)   #58
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Love it. Will hopefully give a better description later. But this is seriously fast, and seriously serious!

Selby
Old 17 Feb 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2832848)   #59
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
sort of like Qatar, where you can quit thinking and still hit nothing
hmmm... the ocean?

bio
Old 17 Feb 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2832851)   #60
bio
Veteran

Hungary
As for the track - it's grand. Nice, flowy turns, lots of space for speed... I've been developing a certain amount of love towards bgger radius corners before the S/F turn - see my latest track submitted today. This one hase a huge radius corner there - just perfect

All in all, another great one, maistro!

bio
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2832959)   #61
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Since I'm a little behind, Ill have to recover some unpublished old designs I had somewhere hanging in...this is to make up for my January deficit

(they probably aren't as good as the current ones we produce now in the forum)

different variations of an existing site
Old 17 Feb 2011, 21:38 (Ref:2832985)   #62
bio
Veteran

Hungary
My favourite one is the middle one. Has its challenges, but not too cvomplicated. Great one.

bio
Old 19 Feb 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2833583)   #63
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Agree the middle one.
The last one is just a little too complex and needs to be a lot quicker. The Top one is better.
My only question about the middle one is the nature of the turns approaching the pits and the pit entry, but I like the speed and flow of the course.

The top one has a better pit entry and complex but the twisty section is like a bad roller coaster ride to me.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 02:27 (Ref:2834447)   #64
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
My only question about the middle one is the nature of the turns approaching the pits and the pit entry,
These are old tracks(bad)I made!

Here's the theory on my pitlane:
When approaching the turn you can decide if you want to go out you just keep going straight,you don't have to slow down in the middle of the race line, once past the apex you are out of the race line.The pit exit I see the natural race line will be towards the inside of the curve, thus leaving free the upper part of the track where people re joins.

..or something...
Old 21 Feb 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2834570)   #65
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, in racing games it has happened to me a couple of times when the pit exit was on an apex that I negotiated the turn too fast, couldn't take the corner tight enough and ended up on the pitlane unintentionally

bio
Old 1 Mar 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2838247)   #66
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
well February is running out of days, so I have to put at least one more

Here's one I made just the ither night, no close up details, only track map.

I used a different technique, hope you notice.

It's CCW ,6.076 Kmm ,13 mts wide, main straight is ~786 M so the track its kinda big with large radiused corners, no geometry nor space efficiency here, hust imagine some rolling hills on the third loop making a copy of the cork screw there at the agude angled corner(theres a trend these days of reproducing some form of "the cork screw in new circuits)
Attached Thumbnails
feb3.jpg   feb3a.jpg   feb3b.jpg  

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 1 Mar 2011 at 02:59.
Old 1 Mar 2011, 02:40 (Ref:2838250)   #67
Will3
Rookie

United States
Will3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks nice, like how it goes from fast corners to slow corners. Bout how long is it? I'm guessin 5-6k?
Old 1 Mar 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2838361)   #68
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This recent circuit of yours is totally down my alley stylistically.

My OtherWorld(ly) Series would love to stage a race there - if it still existed. (I don't have the time to revive it at this point. Maybe I should compile a calendar of my favourite tracks from other designers for the series' reunification - and have a thread talking about whether or not they would compromise car setup enough to create an interesting season?)
Old 1 Mar 2011, 16:01 (Ref:2838485)   #69
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Will, the description says it's 6.076km.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 00:54 (Ref:2838815)   #70
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
This recent circuit of yours is totally down my alley stylistically.

My OtherWorld(ly) Series would love to stage a race there - if it still existed. (I don't have the time to revive it at this point. Maybe I should compile a calendar of my favourite tracks from other designers for the series' reunification - and have a thread talking about whether or not they would compromise car setup enough to create an interesting season?)
Thank you, that'd be an honor!
Old 2 Mar 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2838821)   #71
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely a departure from you Luigispeed. I have to say that I like it a lot.

Too ofter you confine yourself to fitting circuits into real world locations its really nice to see a "blank sheet of paper" design from you. And a superb one at that.

I know you've put the pitlane on the outside as bridges and real life practicalities mean money saved by having the pits accessible, but for a design such as this I feel you could have pushed the boat out and suggested a bridge even if you hadn't drawn one to put the pits on the inside.

Speaking of pitlanes, may I say forget the two circuit layout...this one is a beauty, the extra pitlane and spoil the overall look.

Overall brilliant.
Old 2 Mar 2011, 16:25 (Ref:2839115)   #72
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
SBF I take your words with honor! Thank you, definitely you all noticed the style difference.
Old 11 Mar 2011, 06:49 (Ref:2843759)   #73
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Here's me again , this would be my 2nd march course, just doing numbers.

I'm trying to fit certain things into 200

acres, like a road course with a 1/4 mile drag strip.The course came out at 2.6 miles and I'll call it ...Yab..*ahem* ...march 3rd

I know...it looks quite spaniard, geometric, purpose built road technical road course...Ole!! but it's not a karting track on steroids,its 825 mt straight, and those corner radius are fairly large.Should be pretty fun IMHO. What do you say?

This time I'm actually begging for an edit, I want you to lay a road course where mine is, if you guys have the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Yabucoa_Full.jpg  
Old 11 Mar 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2843991)   #74
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would you be looking to hold drag and circuit events simultaneously in this *ahem fictional circuit. I'm wondering whether perhaps the return road for the Drag strip could be used as part of the road course.

Or whether a basic and extended road course would be viable whereby the Basic would be self contained and run at the same time as the Drag strip, but the extended version perhaps crosses or incorporates the out run of the Drag strip?
Old 11 Mar 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2844043)   #75
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Would you be looking to hold drag and circuit events simultaneously in this *ahem fictional circuit. I'm wondering whether perhaps the return road for the Drag strip could be used as part of the road course.

Or whether a basic and extended road course would be viable whereby the Basic would be self contained and run at the same time as the Drag strip, but the extended version perhaps crosses or incorporates the out run of the Drag strip?
Yes and no, we want the drag to be completely independent, in fact, I personally would put a barrier so that the drag crowd wouldn't disturb us road racers, mostly because ..uh...a regional thing , you know, most of the street drag racers are...uhm...a...different kind of persons, you know, hot blooded latinos, and sometimes drag events end up...uhm...with guns drawn and shots fired and small details like that , you know, small stuff.uh? But the truth is we are going to probably share the public and get the average drag idiot interested in watching the road racing spectacle.

Now if you look close, most of my circuits have been 2.5-3k club tracks, this one is 200 acres and the road course is 2.7 miles so there's plenty of space and I haven't even started my preferred horseshoe design yet.(ala Jennings)
But I want(need) you folks to copy my framework, and use the bottom to design a track at least 2.2 miles, the whole thing measures 1200m x 667m(roughly 200acres) just because I seem to can't get rid of my squareness , in this one I just wanted to prove anyone fictional , we can get this done in 200 acres.(if it was ever to be built)

PD I'd like to make it splittable and it will have a bicycle section for criteriums and afternoon workouts(yes you read right) and a motocross track.