2 1 1.72%
1 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Sep 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2539616)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The Italian Grand Prix-Rate the race

Monza..Rate it!
Old 13 Sep 2009, 13:52 (Ref:2539635)   #2
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed it for some reason, good tactical battle and some good dices throughout the field, an 8 from me.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2539636)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9/10. First race I've actually watched all the way through in months. Brilliant stuff.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 13:59 (Ref:2539640)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6. Enjoyable. Pity Sutil couldn't gain enough ground on Raikkonen to make a race of it.

An enjoyable sprint-like race, but Monza could do with having a few more laps, or perhaps it's okay to have one race with a short duration than most.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2539642)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given the nature of Monza, I'm not sure more laps would be a good idea. Unless you want 6 cars finishing...
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2539645)   #6
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
errr I fell asleep
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2539649)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
errr I fell asleep
Given the time of day it is for you we'll let you off.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2539651)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
None too shabby, but I can't say I found it desperately epic or anything. 7.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 14:59 (Ref:2539699)   #9
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 from me! I quite enjoyed it, nothing special. First couple of laps were excellent, and then it became interesting rather than exciting.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2539722)   #10
Megan
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leicester, England
Megan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6/10 for me. Was a fairly good weekend with some interesting duels going on, but unfortunatley none of the drivers I support did well, and no one likes to be in that situation where you can't celebrate a good result. It was nice to see Sutil up there though, and that increased my rating from a 5 to a 6.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2539730)   #11
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good first few laps, and a good last few ones with really not too much happening in between. I did not fall asleep, but it wasn't too exciting either. A decent effort - 6.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 16:45 (Ref:2539787)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
An enjoyable 8, mainly for the first 4 or 5 laps.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2539792)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave the race an 8 some good solid racing...
Old 13 Sep 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2539864)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Barnstorming opening few laps before settling down into the standard let's see who's strategy is best rather than let's see who's best 'on the track.'
Old 13 Sep 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2539874)   #15
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a 7 from me...good but not brilliant
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2539920)   #16
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8. Very enjoyable actually, good dices through the field, very interesting to see how different driver's fuel plans turned out. It looked like we were heading for an interesting last lap too, until Hamilton binned it, but added to the drama for me.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2539922)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Not brilliant, but better than some recent races.

Liked the Toyota fight, and Hamilton & Sutil chasing down other cars, but went boring in the middle.

Got a 6 from me.

I would like to know what people grade these races against. I grade them against any other race I have seen, be that Mini's, Touring Cars, previous F1 races etc.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:24 (Ref:2539934)   #18
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 from me, an enjoyable dicey start, interest throughout due to differing strategies, and not forgetting the comedic Toyota team doing their best to liven up a quiet period.

It's not the circuits fault, but it's still far too hard to overtake outside of the first lap or two though, a real shame when a quicker car literally can't get within .5secs of the car in front at any time. With how close the field is it's a shame the OWG didn't work as planned this season.
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2539937)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
7 from me - I enjoyed the first few laps and the Toyota battle was entertaining (apparently Trulli went a bit nuts because he got "bored"), but not much actually happened for the majority of the race. Certainly better than some of the other rubbish we've been subjected to this season though.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Sep 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2539946)   #20
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry but the race was, on the whole, rather boring so a 5 from me.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 00:00 (Ref:2540094)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Not bad for Monza,8.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2540133)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
I would like to know what people grade these races against. I grade them against any other race I have seen, be that Mini's, Touring Cars, previous F1 races etc.
I would say I have a bias towards grading them against F1 races, since I have somewhat different things I expect from different series.

It is not exclusively all about compared to other F1 races, though, but certainly that is the general tilt.
Old 14 Sep 2009, 07:17 (Ref:2540208)   #23
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 from me.
Really enjoyed it, all weekend.

Tiny nag...Pity the circuit owners couldn't afford a bit of paint for the pits doors though. Peeling paint was in stark contrast to all the spotless hi-tech imagery going on inside the bays.

Peter
Old 14 Sep 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2540404)   #24
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
I would say I have a bias towards grading them against F1 races, since I have somewhat different things I expect from different series.

It is not exclusively all about compared to other F1 races, though, but certainly that is the general tilt.
Yeah. You can't really compare Clio Cup races to F1 races. A boring Clio race is often more excitement than an average F1 race, although there are different aspects for each. You can only really compare like with like

I used to be quite negative in my race ratings but the truth is the racing we are seeing now is at as good, if not better than in the 80s and 90s. I took my rose-tinted spectacles off when I watched some races from 1995 that turned out to be quite dull
Old 14 Sep 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2540416)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just watched the tape of the race, couldn't watch it live. I gave it 7, Rubens seemed to have it under control.