Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:44 (Ref:3805674)   #176
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given all the mentions of the rookies in the race you would have thought they would have shown them but it appears they didn't!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3805675)   #177
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Cant see what was boring about the races. Lots of strategies playing out and in the end the top few covered by only a few seconds . OK it was not like a wheel to wheel FF race where placing change constantly but it was still a pretty good race by Supercars standards.
Agree - there was plenty going on in both races, pretty long way from boring IMHO. When there are 4 cars being driven to their edge, couple less than a second apart and for 20 laps or so, it is anything but boring.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3805676)   #178
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GRM on Sunday...

#33 was grille-trim-less while #34 was not...

And closer...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3805677)   #179
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Given all the mentions of the rookies in the race you would have thought they would have shown them but it appears they didn't!
Especially their lovebunny aboard #56...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:48 (Ref:3805678)   #180
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Hazlewood was shown and talked about both days, Stanaway too. De Pasquale as well although Jack Le Brock and James Golding didn't get much coverage - more mentions in passing.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 10:54 (Ref:3805682)   #181
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Hazlewood was shown and talked about both days, Stanaway too. De Pasquale as well although Jack Le Brock and James Golding didn't get much coverage - more mentions in passing.
Unless you're directly in front of Lowndes, what chance do you have of Skaife and Crompo mentioning you...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 4 Mar 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3805684)   #182
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I know they wee talked about and interviewed but we did not see them on track.

Old 4 Mar 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3805685)   #183
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:

We saw Hazelwood, Stanaway and De Pasquale on track (and in pit lane) but not much other than fleeting mentions of the other 2.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3805699)   #184
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

they were towards the back and didn't do anything noteworthy.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3805755)   #185
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched both opening races on a cold, wet Sunday in the UK. I've become a big fan since I've become able to watch the series over the past few years here in the UK on Motorsport tv and what a welcome change the racing is from the crash, bang wallop of the BTCC here at home! Ok the Adelaide races were a bit processional but for me at least, interesting viewing nonetheless. I'm afraid I'm still getting to grips with some of the finer points but overall the racing is pretty spectacular, roll on Melbourne!
Old 4 Mar 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3805782)   #186
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good start for Mobil 1 Boost Mobile Racing, leading the teams championship

Late Penalty for Winterbottom cost that team the lead

Shell V Power back in 5th
Old 5 Mar 2018, 01:26 (Ref:3805806)   #187
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Still can't understand why the kerb is there.
Everywhere but 6 and 7 the yellow line is inside the kerb, those two it is over a car width outside the kerb..
Yes get rid of it. Damage from that kerb could cause problems at the next corner. either remove it or put a wall right behind it.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 01:26 (Ref:3805807)   #188
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Unless you're directly in front of Lowndes, what chance do you have of Skaife and Crompo mentioning you...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Exactly.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3805808)   #189
champcarman
Veteran

Cameron Waters, Jamie Whincup, Thomas Randle, Leanne Tander, and Tim Blanchard now have two things in common.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 03:52 (Ref:3805823)   #190
Phillip Ireland
Rookie

Phillip Ireland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I was with Crompton on that one - was the smart move, and kept Tander from divebombing the pair of them too. A blocking there would've ended in tears

Never can tell, but minimal harm done and everybody stayed on track. 18 months ago Erebus would have been doing cartwheels to be in the top 10, so they have come a long way. Reynolds' call may have been slightly on the cautious side, but it certainly didn't warrant Skaife teeing off on him, his unchecked bias is now at a scandalous level.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 03:58 (Ref:3805825)   #191
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Ireland View Post
Never can tell, but minimal harm done and everybody stayed on track. 18 months ago Erebus would have been doing cartwheels to be in the top 10, so they have come a long way. Reynolds' call may have been slightly on the cautious side, but it certainly didn't warrant Skaife teeing off on him, his unchecked bias is now at a scandalous level.
teed off on him for a similar thing last years as well at darwin (i think ive got that right)

however, from memory again, Did Reynolds call up skaife a few years back and seek some help with driving
Old 5 Mar 2018, 04:07 (Ref:3805826)   #192
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
teed off on him for a similar thing last years as well at darwin (i think ive got that right)

however, from memory again, Did Reynolds call up skaife a few years back and seek some help with driving
I seem to recall a much younger David Reynolds pulling across to block a fast-arriving Jim Richards in a Carrera Cup race at Bathurst many years ago, to be punted off, seeing how Jim was already at the braking threshold and Reynolds wasn't going as quickly... such experiences may well play an unconscious (or conscious) part in the decision making in the heat of the moment.. although David has said publicly since yesterday's race that he could have backed himself a lot more thoroughly...
Old 5 Mar 2018, 05:06 (Ref:3805828)   #193
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How come some guys let others through and it's "smart driving, looking at the big picture" but with others it's seen as urine weak?

Its been a long time since I've seen Frosty do anything but throw the welcome mat out to anyone coming up behind him that might be faster, and everytime Skaife and Crompton praise him on his 'on track awareness' and being able to think about collecting points? Rightly or wrongly Reynolds 'yields' to the Red Bull car and he's a bit soft?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 06:06 (Ref:3805833)   #194
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Cameron Waters, Jamie Whincup, Thomas Randle, Leanne Tander, and Tim Blanchard now have two things in common.
Garth has had intimate relations with all, either colloquially or literally?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 06:08 (Ref:3805835)   #195
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just wow...
Old 5 Mar 2018, 06:26 (Ref:3805837)   #196
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Garth has had intimate relations with all, either colloquially or literally?
I thought it might have had something to all of them having poo touch cloth in the new Super5000, but you might be onto something.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 07:03 (Ref:3805840)   #197
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Its been a long time since I've seen Frosty do anything but throw the welcome mat out to anyone coming up behind him that might be faster, and everytime Skaife and Crompton praise him on his 'on track awareness' and being able to think about collecting points? Rightly or wrongly Reynolds 'yields' to the Red Bull car and he's a bit soft?
At the end of the day he still had his best ever finish, but its not hard to imagine that he did let a win go begging, he did make it way too easy for Shane. I suspect if he blocked at T9, then he would have had SvG covered from there.

However ifs and buts don't get you anywhere. i hope that DR will learn from it - but we definitely have to celebrate the Erebus pace, and David's development.

I am really not sure anybody saw it coming when Betty restructured the team, so I take my hat off to her.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 08:32 (Ref:3805853)   #198
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I thought it might have had something to all of them having poo touch cloth in the new Super5000, but you might be onto something.
that may just be the funniest thing I've read in 2018
Old 5 Mar 2018, 09:15 (Ref:3805856)   #199
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am really not sure anybody saw it coming when Betty restructured the team, so I take my hat off to her.
Barry Ryan is the wizard who has set up the engineering framework to generate the performance.

And the Yatala workshop is back in the Supercars game via Matt Stone Racing, so it all worked out eventually... I wonder if all the CNC machiners and fabrication equipment is still there?

Still, it was a shame to see a top-shelf fully equipped team like Stone Brothers Racing dismantled, after doing a standup job in homologating a Mercedes race car under severe time pressure (when they otherwise had been rocking along way ahead of schedule with their car of the futures..).

In hindsight Erebus Motorsport should have just plonked three of these on the racetrack, with Erebus stickers in place of the SBR ones...

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 5 Mar 2018 at 09:21.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3805858)   #200
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't believe Betty is directly involved in the decision-making process of the team anymore. It is understood that her husband made a lot of the critical calls late in 2015, that lead to the eventual complete restructure and two relocations of the team.