Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Apr 2003, 00:05 (Ref:575227)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was piddled off that #10 wasnt showing the race live, I saw far more from the f1.com and f1-live sites on their text display than James Allen and his excitable state

Webber did ok in a car that is firming up more and more as a Lassie. The thing qualifies ok, but it breaks in the races... another driveshaft... insane... so why doesnt Jag get rid of a dozen or more people like every other time they are in crisis??

A shame HSBC didnt get swayed to McLaren, Jaguar are unworthy, and flatter to deceive

Oh and I wouldnt let Pizzaboy drive a school bus let alone an R4
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Apr 2003, 02:42 (Ref:575273)   #77
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by alfasud
Coming back to F1???? So when were they in F1 before?

The whole cat is back thing has been a farce and a huge waste of money. Ford should shut it down now and put some real money into Jordan. Then they could sell (give?) the green cars to Minardi and transfer Webber to Jordan to drive as Fisi's #2.

Mark's a good driver and probably in the top 10. Needs a better car if he is ever to convince us that he might be in the top 5.
So alfasud i'm not a Jag expert I wasn't sure of the history of Jag in F1 so I was playing it safe .
As for Mark to Jordan ? Pls I would rather Williams and I would not like Mark at Williams . Jordan is a team with a lifespan and and I feel not a long one , 1 give me win will mean nothing in the long run and as soon a Fissi can get out the better .
Jag will improve even Ferrari had problems before MS came along Mark is a smart guy he sees the light at the end of the Tunnel at Jag . Maybe Ford should stop suppling customer engine's and committ full focus on Jag after all Jag is the team that will give Ford the best result by the end of the year.

Poor Pizza boy may be a year as tester again will help ? Remember Frank hold Pizzaboy very Highly ( Figures) as I said before. TO have Mark at Jag with another Top clss driver like Ralf , DC, Fissi would be the best thing
you never Know as swap for Fissi & Pizza maybe on the cards but I would prefer Ralf and Mark as partners
Old 21 Apr 2003, 05:16 (Ref:575317)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber to Jordan would be ok if the financial support at Jordan were to miraculously double over night and he were to join from the 2004 season!

The Jag keeps breaking, to the layman looking at where the failures are coming from, suspension and driveline seem to be the worst of it... suggests either design or quality control is up the duff... either way, a possibly life threatening issue for the drivers..

I was interested to hear on the ITV coverage that there are doubts as to the cause of Webber's Brazilian bash into the fence, it seems that too may have been a mechanical failure....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 Apr 2003, 07:38 (Ref:575356)   #79
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Mark when he says he'd rather have a fast car to make reliable, if someone suggested 6 weeks ago the jag would qualify top 6 and was the fastest car after the "Big 3" they would have been laughed off the board! Even if it keeps breaking Mark can show his stuff better than plodding around at the back - (Toyota?) and if he keeps outqualifying - genuinely - Toyota/Sauber/BAR/Renault it has to lead to better things even if Jaguar can't sort it out.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 10:24 (Ref:575447)   #80
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good point Rick
Old 21 Apr 2003, 17:53 (Ref:575789)   #81
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mmm. Maybe having a fast unreliable than a slow reliable helps, because they'll likely develop up it's speed at cost of reliability to get where they are anyway.

Regardless, Jag just needs to start thinking about solving some of these parts of theirs. Suspension and driveshaft to start with.

I think mark's better than I gave him credit for. Figured he was good, but it seems he can drive a risky, fast race too. That car's been pushed closer and more often to it's limit each race than Pizzonia is even thinking of. Personally Mark's crash was him just unable to keep it inside that very thin line he'd been tightroping all race.

C'mon Mark, keep racing damn hard like this, and you'll get used to pushing a car hard. And you'll be doing it more and more reliably...

Dream: Ford USA cans Jaguar after Jordan beats them, sells to Red Bull, Ford Europe puts factory Cosworth to Jordan. Fisichella & Webber at Intel Jordan-Ford. That'd be a coup.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 07:36 (Ref:576183)   #82
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber to Williams and Ralf to Jaguar thats what I would like to see happen
Old 22 Apr 2003, 09:19 (Ref:576242)   #83
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
Webber to Williams and Ralf to Jaguar thats what I would like to see happen
That would do me as well.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 09:26 (Ref:576247)   #84
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I'm not going to knock Ralf this week - he drove a great race under extremely trying circumstances. He showed true courage. No, lets prefer Mark Webber to drive at Mclaren with Kimi as team mate.
Old 22 Apr 2003, 10:46 (Ref:576315)   #85
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in no way knocking Ralf after the drive he put in on what must have been a very trying day i'd just love to see Mark get a go with one of the big three teams & it wouldn't worry me which one it was.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 08:15 (Ref:579132)   #86
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know where Ralf's going but Webber is worthy of a Williams, and certainly by 2005.

I think GTR Magic summed it up by saying that his ability to "carry the sick dog" is well-documented.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 24 Apr 2003, 08:20 (Ref:579137)   #87
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC is a part of the furniture at McLaren. I don't know where Webber will fit in if Ralf stays at Wialliams. Isn't he conracted until the end of '04? It's a long wait and even then, nothing is guaranteed.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 24 Apr 2003, 11:53 (Ref:579291)   #88
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber/Alonso - Renault 2005.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 14:39 (Ref:579462)   #89
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
that could be very likely Rick
Old 24 Apr 2003, 14:50 (Ref:579477)   #90
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
from conrod :-

williamsf1

Jaguar could a lot worse than to subcontract say Alex Wurz from the Big Mac... This year is showing maturity and track time is vital, and with Jag on the low testing program, Pizza boy is going to strugle for the whole year....

I am sure Ron Dennis would like to have his chief tester get some race miles....

Goes a long way to think how good Lowndes would have been given the right support? I think he had better potential than Webber in his racing here in OZ.

Posted on: 4:02 pm on April 20, 2003 |

looks like someone else has been reading my mind on the WURZ idea

ITVF1 link....

http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/15159
Old 24 Apr 2003, 18:21 (Ref:579724)   #91
MiniMe
Racer

MiniMe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all these predictions and all he's scored is two points for a 5th place 20 races ago.

Webber is my main man but I have to observe that the silly season has started very early this year - Mark really needs to gets some runs on the board, and quickly!
Old 25 Apr 2003, 04:27 (Ref:580167)   #92
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
agreed MiniMe but you would find Webber wouldn't care who his teammate was as I said before Webber will have his eyes on the prize and at this point that is points & respect and a strong platform for next year in the Big Cat